If State Legislators/Governor Won't Enact Rent Control, Vote Them Out

Community Housing Improvement Program (CHIP), which represents rent-stabilized landlords across New York City and the force behind the TikTok campaign. Too costly to renovate and too cheap to rent — a one-bedroom in Chinatown for $570? — owners say they have no choice but to leave them empty. No use to anyone.

That's not propaganda by yammering land lords. That's the Community Housing Improvement Program (CHIP) a government program that is making this claim.

You are just wrong. Once again, facts trump your opinion.
I am NOT wrong, and THOUSANDS of successful apartment buildings in New York under rent control for 100 years, are absolute positive PROOF. THEY are the FACTS.. You're being suckered.

I am NOT wrong, and THOUSANDS of successful apartment buildings in New York under rent control for 100 years, are absolute positive PROOF. THEY are the FACTS.. You're being suckered.
okay, back to the data....

Over the last year, the number of vacant public housing apartments in New York City has risen by nearly 50% — with just under 5,000 units sitting empty as of January, while more than 240,000 applicants languish on the New York City Housing Authority waiting list.

In a report published Wednesday, NYCHA federal monitor Bart Schwartz charged that a special team the authority’ central office created to speed up turning over vacated apartments actually had the opposite effect, slowing down the process and causing apartments to sit empty for months at a time.

This time the report is from the New York City Housing Authority, and the HUD from the Federal Government, showing the number of chronically empty apartments increased by 50% in 2 years.

Keep in mind I intend to post the facts every single time you say something contrary to the facts.

NO, it is NOT "simple". The OP already covered this. Some people have to be told twice.

1. "Of course this letter doesn't specify what these so-called "operational costs" are, nor offer any proof that they even exist. For all we know this rent increase might be nothing more than somebody (who we never see, don't know their name) wanting more money to buy something like this >>
1712492041435.png

2. If business owners cannot handle the costs associated with running their business, then stay out of that business. Don't be dumping costs on to the customers, especially for a commodity that people HAVE TO HAVE.

3. How do you expect the tenants to "cover" the cost of the increase ?
My increases in Social Security& VA pension for 2024 = $41/mo. The rent increase is $96/mo. That means I'm LOSING ground ($55/mo or $660/yr) LOSS.

So what?

FALSE! It generally works fine in states that have it. Just needs to be enforced that's all. If we had a law that said rent cant be raised more thn $50, we wouldn't have a rent increase of $96. DUH!

PS- I was born & raised in a 2 bedroom rent control apartment in New York City. I lived in my original apartment from 1946 to 1967. When I moved out, the rent was $85/month.

What a fucking loser.

okay, back to the data....

Over the last year, the number of vacant public housing apartments in New York City has risen by nearly 50% — with just under 5,000 units sitting empty as of January, while more than 240,000 applicants languish on the New York City Housing Authority waiting list.

In a report published Wednesday, NYCHA federal monitor Bart Schwartz charged that a special team the authority’ central office created to speed up turning over vacated apartments actually had the opposite effect, slowing down the process and causing apartments to sit empty for months at a time.

This time the report is from the New York City Housing Authority, and the HUD from the Federal Government, showing the number of chronically empty apartments increased by 50% in 2 years.

Keep in mind I intend to post the facts every single time you say something contrary to the facts.
As long as you keep looking at the concocted "data" you will always be hoodwinked. That is your problem.

Hey SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS!

The landlords hands are in your cash drawers. You're OK with that ?

If not, SAY SOMETHING.

As long as you keep looking at the concocted "data" you will always be hoodwinked. That is your problem.
New York City Housing Authority, and the HUD from the Federal Government.
So basically every single person on the entire planet, that has access to the information relevant.... all of them are lying, and you alone, the internet poster, knows better. Because you were in a rent controlled apartment once.

Thanks. But I think I'll trust the data of the entire planet, over your "But I lived there!" argument.

You are a DUPED moron if you think the massively skyrocketed rents (and still jumping) of the past 3 years, are related to costs. You're dumb enough to think that, and you think you're going to lay it on me ?

Looks like you're not reading the thread (Realpage....Blackstone,,,et al)
Try to keep up.
Why don't you move into Hud housing?

New York City Housing Authority, and the HUD from the Federal Government.
So basically every single person on the entire planet, that has access to the information relevant.... all of them are lying, and you alone, the internet poster, knows better. Because you were in a rent controlled apartment once.

Thanks. But I think I'll trust the data of the entire planet, over your "But I lived there!" argument.
I see nothing from the NYC Housing authority that concludes that rent control is a bad thing. If they thought that they wouldn't be OK with thr overwhelming majority of apt bldgs that are rent controlled, and are fine (for many decades)

Same with HUD. In fact, HUD is the #1 doer of rent control in America. Some people in my bldg pay only 1/3 of what the regular rent is. Guess what agency they hook up with for that. HUD.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back