Google, not our courts or laws, is now the arbiter of what is considered lawful speech.

The enemy is at the gates and so many of you are ignoring it.
We have LAWS to punish ANY speech deemed to be a threat to others. And Google is not a law enforcement entity.

Many of you have the "they are a private business so they can do what they want" attitude. That attitude was fine for the first 200 years of our nation but times & technology have changed DRASTICALLY.

We simply can not allow any business to control the flow of public discourse.

Google & Apple are essentially acting just like the Communists & Authoritarians in other nations who control the flow of information.

Like it or not the "public square" is no longer the park or state house steps. It is online.

This kind of gatkeeping that crushes alternatives must be stopped.

And just for the record I don't use Parlor so this isn't a personal thing for me.

As was explained this morning (yes, on FOX!), the government was instrumental in setting up the Internet and then turning it over to Big Tech.

So Big Tech is not truly private. Its connections with the government should allow the First Amendment to apply.

Sadly, the Supreme Court will be too intimidated to stop Big Tech, lest the Dems pack the Court.

Yes, January 6, 2021, will be remembered for many things, including Americans losing some of their freedom to express different opinions.

Not so long ago, towns had one or maybe a few newspapers. They did not permit anything that they did not agree with. There was still freedom of speech and even of the press. That it is not available to someone the way they prefer does not make the right evaporate. Some of us find it ridiculous to think that adults need 'protection' from words and ideas. We find it reprehensible to impose such "protection", yet society has always done it to varying extents (remember "banned in Boston"?). Religious groups are well known for it.
Arguing that adults should comport themselves as adults is futile, especially in today's America. They simply refuse to.

The enemy is at the gates and so many of you are ignoring it.
We have LAWS to punish ANY speech deemed to be a threat to others. And Google is not a law enforcement entity.

Many of you have the "they are a private business so they can do what they want" attitude. That attitude was fine for the first 200 years of our nation but times & technology have changed DRASTICALLY.

We simply can not allow any business to control the flow of public discourse.

Google & Apple are essentially acting just like the Communists & Authoritarians in other nations who control the flow of information.

Like it or not the "public square" is no longer the park or state house steps. It is online.

This kind of gatkeeping that crushes alternatives must be stopped.

And just for the record I don't use Parlor so this isn't a personal thing for me.

As was explained this morning (yes, on FOX!), the government was instrumental in setting up the Internet and then turning it over to Big Tech.

So Big Tech is not truly private. Its connections with the government should allow the First Amendment to apply.

Sadly, the Supreme Court will be too intimidated to stop Big Tech, lest the Dems pack the Court.

Yes, January 6, 2021, will be remembered for many things, including Americans losing some of their freedom to express different opinions.
Once more, the argument "they didn't build that", and a debt is owed to society.

Google doesn't want their platforms used for seditious bullshit. Do you blame them?
There is a word for someone being "naïve X 1000" but I cannot think of it right now.
Or maybe it is simply just enjoying the sedated life. Going along with the crowd asks so little of oneself.
Or as Socrates put it: "The unexamined life is a life not worth living."
e89311fa5c4e1ae5ad2a46aaca308181.jpg

Forum List

Back