Gone with the wind gone

Yeah....we need to be more like ISIS and destroy history that we dont agree with.
I can't help but think of that every time I see someone calling to pull down the Washington Monument, the Jefferson Memorial. Lincoln freed slaves in areas occupied by Union Troops because every time the Union Army took an area, the slaves were sneaking away from the plantations and coming to join the Union in droves. The Army was literally "stealing" people's property if they took these slaves on. But they wanted them. So they abolished slavery in those areas.
Problem solved.

For instance the scene where Rhett pretty much rapes Scarlet).
Guess she liked it rough.
1592011356304.png

Yeah....we need to be more like ISIS and destroy history that we dont agree with.
I can't help but think of that every time I see someone calling to pull down the Washington Monument, the Jefferson Memorial. Lincoln freed slaves in areas occupied by Union Troops because every time the Union Army took an area, the slaves were sneaking away from the plantations and coming to join the Union in droves. The Army was literally "stealing" people's property if they took these slaves on. But they wanted them. So they abolished slavery in those areas.
Problem solved.

Are you trying to give me a history lesson?

Good thing I have the movie on BluRay. All Gone With The Wind is, is a depiction of life back in the 19th century depicting slavery and all related as it actually was. So now, all movies and historical references and accounts are VERBOTEN to be stricken from the collective minds of society.

IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Does that mean if I pop the movie into my player to watch, alarms, bells and lights will go off denouncing me a racist?

Actually,if you think GWTW is depicting slavery as it actually was, then you've kind of outed yourself as a racist.

Here's a crazy idea. Let's have anyone who wants to keep all the glory of the confederacy have to spend one year living like a slave had to live. Random beatings and rape, back breaking labor with no compensation.

Then you can all get back to me about what a romance GWTW is.
One of the greatest romances of all time.

If this emotive virtue signaling cleansing continues then the Mass Murders by Muslims documentaries might get pulled.

Problem solved.

Are you trying to give me a history lesson?
Hell no.

Will this be banned too? Great movie.

View attachment 348335

Tarantino's films are often outrageous with racism and other offensive crap and he simply gets away with it. I'm not sure why. Part of it may be that he's a lefty loon and therefore gets a free pass where another director would be publically shredded.

That being said... I still love his movies. Hateful 8, Django, Reservior Dogs, Dusk Till Dawn... love those.
Tarantino has the capacity to present things in such a way that the viewer is confronted with his own preconceptions in order to be "offended". Choosing to be offended from words or images may seem automatic, but it should be realized to be what it is.

No stupid but tolerance of a statue of an American historic figure that lived in a time that your puny brain could never understand nor imagine.....lets do it your way...you don't like something wipe it out.....that is so close to Taliban behavior....it is definitely not American....so you are more like the Taliban than an American....proud of yourself jackass?.....

Hey, I'm all for keeping these awful people in the history books.

For instance, I want to make sure every school child knows who Hitler is, and what he did and why it was bad.

I just don't think we need to put up any statues to him.

Same with the Confederate Monsters.

I don't think Gone with the Wind should be banned. It should be contextualized, just like we contextualize Birth of a Nation or Triumph of the Will.

No stupid but tolerance of a statue of an American historic figure that lived in a time that your puny brain could never understand nor imagine.....lets do it your way...you don't like something wipe it out.....that is so close to Taliban behavior....it is definitely not American....so you are more like the Taliban than an American....proud of yourself jackass?.....

For instance, I want to make sure every school child knows who Hitler is, and what he did and why it was bad.

I don't think Gone with the Wind should be banned. It should be contextualized, just like we contextualize Birth of a Nation or Triumph of the Will.
Do we contextualize Schindler's List? Birth of a Nation is banned.

But you don’t want to contextualize confederate heroes. Oh, I forgot. The south was attempting genocide. Who knew?
How about we remove any vestige of west Africa because that’s where all that slave trade emanated from? That would be consistent with your inconsistent contextualization.

Cripes the left loons are social sterlizing movies and even cartoons

Someone make it stop!

Birth of a Nation is not banned.

But you don’t want to contextualize confederate heroes. Oh, I forgot. The south was attempting genocide. Who knew?
How about we remove any vestige of west Africa because that’s where all that slave trade emanated from? That would be consistent with your inconsistent contextualization.
Last I heard West Africa was in Africa and not the US but nice try.

Birth of a Nation is not banned.

So I can order it on PPV right now? Is that what you're saying?

Cripes the left loons are social sterlizing movies and even cartoons

Someone make it stop!
No. We need to cleanse you shit stain racists from the fabric of everyday life. If I want to see your kind I will go to a museum.

Fck off, Lips. How's that?

I'll watch what I want to watch when I want to watch it.

Dumb shit never heard of TOR sites.

Now sit the fuck down

Oh wait..... where da white wimens at!!!!??? Deluded moron

Forum List

Back