Gone with the wind gone

It will be back on HBO in a few weeks. Until then, snowflakes can watch it any time they please as often as they please.

This is NOT censorship. This is capitalism.

Idiots.

You can't erase the past...its always going to be there for people to access...so basically all this is are a bunch of angry mad people trying their best to poke the people they hate in the eye.....just like the daily protests...they know their adversaries as they look at us dislike it so they will continue until they wear themselves out.....they have become what they hate but they don't know it....

I think that many people were expecting "Gone with the Wind" to eventually be prohibited from public showings. Maybe if enough people get on their knees, our new masters will generously allow the film to be shown at least behind locked doors in university-level history classes only.

Was there some clamoring to see this film? Not really. It's old, it portrays a version of history that everyone agrees now is kind of bullshit. It actually has problems beyond it's portrayals of slavery. (For instance the scene where Rhett pretty much rapes Scarlet).

The classic "The Birth of a Nation" is only allowed to be shown to university-level cinema students. The director of that (in)famous film, D.W. Griffith, said before his death in the 1940s that it SHOULD be prohibited because he felt that African Americans had suffered enough in this country. Because of last week's Insurrection, I suspect that universities will not only stop cinema students from viewing it but will also destroy any copies.

Guy, you can watch Birth of a Nation on YouTube.

See, here it is. If you got three hours of you life you can't possibly get back, have at it.

The idea that these films are being prohibited like they would summon the Great Old Ones if watched is kind of silly.

You can't erase the past...its always going to be there for people to access...so basically all this is are a bunch of angry mad people trying their best to poke the people they hate in the eye.....just like the daily protests...they know their adversaries as they look at us dislike it so they will continue until they wear themselves out.....they have become what they hate but they don't know it....

The problem with Gone with the Wind is that it isn't "the Past". It's part of the "Lost Cause" mythology that the Confederacy was a noble cause (which it wasn't) and slavery wasn't that bad (It was).

So I suggest a better solution. Let's get George Lucas on the phone, and through the magic of CGI, make the movie more palatable with a Special Edition!!! Faster than you can say, "Han Shot First", we can re-edit the film to show how really horrible slavery was for black people and how really stupid the Confederacy was.

The thing is, most of the main characters in GWTW actually Realized the Civil War was a stupid idea. They knew the north was economically and militarily superior. But they fight the war anyway. Their characters don't suffer the awful consequences of the war... that's for EXTRAS.

1591872834921.png

Hey, maybe we should make some of these guys major characters!!!

I think that many people were expecting "Gone with the Wind" to eventually be prohibited from public showings. Maybe if enough people get on their knees, our new masters will generously allow the film to be shown at least behind locked doors in university-level history classes only.

Was there some clamoring to see this film? Not really. It's old, it portrays a version of history that everyone agrees now is kind of bullshit. It actually has problems beyond it's portrayals of slavery. (For instance the scene where Rhett pretty much rapes Scarlet).

The classic "The Birth of a Nation" is only allowed to be shown to university-level cinema students. The director of that (in)famous film, D.W. Griffith, said before his death in the 1940s that it SHOULD be prohibited because he felt that African Americans had suffered enough in this country. Because of last week's Insurrection, I suspect that universities will not only stop cinema students from viewing it but will also destroy any copies.

See, here it is. If you got three hours of you life you can't possibly get back, have at it.

The idea that these films are being prohibited like they would summon the Great Old Ones if watched is kind of silly.

Thanks for telling me that the "Birth" is on YouTube.

I bet you dollars to donuts that it will be taken down, if that hasn't already happened.

(Oh, no. I do not want to watch a three-hour silent film. It's boring. I would rather watch reruns of "Friends," although I hear some woke militants want that series taken down along with cop dramas.)

Have a nice day!

Thanks for telling me that the "Birth" is on YouTube.

I bet you dollars to donuts that it will be taken down, if that hasn't already happened.

(Oh, no. I do not want to watch a three-hour silent film. It's boring. I would rather watch reruns of "Friends," although I hear some woke militants want that series taken down along with cop dramas.)

Have a nice day!

It's been up there for a year and a half, so I think we'll be fine. If it gets taken down, it's probably because the person who uploaded it didn't have the copyright.

The only reason why Cop Dramas are being "taken down" is because TV has found it cheaper to do reality TV.

First they got Elmer Fudd shotgun now Gone with the wind is being pulled look out to Kill a Mockingbird you might be next.
HBO Max Removes 'Gone With the Wind'
They got Song of the South too!

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, Zip-a-dee-ay!
I own that already on DVD, time to go buy a copy of Gone With The Wind I think.
It's kind of a chick flick. I'll be interested in knowing what you thought of it.
The chick flick angle is all the babes watching getting moist over the thought of Rhett Butler having his way with them. Meanwhile, us guys are vicariously living through Rhett and pulling he gets us in Scarlet’s pants asap!

Most of the scenes depicting slaves were brief "bit" parts (except the central character Mammy) and while I agree they were depicted as childish and adoring of their black masters, no one can argue that the movie was done to further black stereotypes.

The movie made progress FOR THE TIME PERIOD. Taking things in context is not something the PC idiots are good at.

"For starters, a public pressure campaign spearheaded by prominent black newspapers succeeded in convincing filmmakers to strip the screenplay of every single mention of the N-word. The NAACP likewise won its bid to keep out scenes sympathetic to mentions of lynching and the Ku Klux Klan. The final product obviously fails to explicate the horrors of slavery, and its presentation of slavery is as much evidence of persistent racism during the time it was filmed as it was of racism during the antebellum South. But black leaders still won small battles that would pave the way for the future of the film industry."

The problem with Gone with the Wind is that it isn't "the Past". It's part of the "Lost Cause" mythology that the Confederacy was a noble cause (which it wasn't) and slavery wasn't that bad (It was).

So I suggest a better solution. Let's get George Lucas on the phone, and through the magic of CGI, make the movie more palatable with a Special Edition!!! Faster than you can say, "Han Shot First", we can re-edit the film to show how really horrible slavery was for black people and how really stupid the Confederacy was.

The thing is, most of the main characters in GWTW actually Realized the Civil War was a stupid idea. They knew the north was economically and militarily superior. But they fight the war anyway. Their characters don't suffer the awful consequences of the war... that's for EXTRAS.

View attachment 348709

Hey, maybe we should make some of these guys major characters!!!
Its a piece of art created in the past as Hollywood's deception on the inner family strife during a civil war.....erasing it is impossible...the act of removing it from view is a hateful act done by angry and hateful humans.....they feel removing it will anger their enemies and that is why its being removed.....purely an infantile leftest temper tantrum....

Long but interesting article on the making of Gone With The Wind. This film is a product of the 1930's. America was far different than today. Many people alive at the time had lived through Reconstruction, (1863 to 1877). Those who weren't alive when it ended knew well their family stories of the era.

‘Gone With the Wind’ and Hollywood's Racial Politics
Making Gone With the Wind, David O. Selznick discovered, meant dealing with fierce criticism from black newspapers and public officials.

Gone with the Wind was a book before it was a movie. The enemy democommiecrats would go house to house searching for copies to destroy.

What other books should be burned based on your opinion, nazi?

Forum List

Back