A blast from the past.....inflation marker...

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
I remember just like yesterday when the very first McDonalds opened in our city. You couldn't get anywhere near the place. I know that money has changed since then and that wages have gone up along with prices but still, as I recall...... the Burger, Fries and Drink didn't make as much of a dent on the weekly paycheck as they do now.

JO

1714410204870.png

The first one here in Orlando was just a walk- up window. Burger, cheeseburger, double cheeseburger was it. Big Mac came later.

The first one here in Orlando was just a walk- up window. Burger, cheeseburger, double cheeseburger was it. Big Mac came later.
Three Cheeseburgers, large Fries and a Coke for less than two bucks. All the heart attack you can afford without going broke! :)

There used to be a place called burger chef that I was told when they put their 15 cent hamburgers on sale for 5 cents back in the 70's the place had a line around the block.

The first in my area was maybe 1963 or so (that I recall), and my mother let me walk up there at age 8 to get a hamburger, French fries, and Coke….and expected most of the dollar she gave me back.

The first in my area was maybe 1963 or so (that I recall), and my mother let me walk up there at age 8 to get a hamburger, French fries, and Coke….and expected most of the dollar she gave me back.
The first one in Virginia was down around Falls Church, Virginia.....A neighbor friend's dad drove us down to the National Zoo and we stopped there on the way back.....I'd say about 1964 or so.....We all got a burger, fries, and a milkshake.

Looked like this:

firstmcdonalds-56a48dd85f9b58b7d0d78302.jpg

Now get ready for Stagflation Burger .

sorry that your life sucks so much you cannot afford a McDs burger.

you should get off your fat lazy ass and better your situation

Forum List

Back