God given rights. Do you really have any?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

When a right is given to us by governments, they assume and have a duty to ensure that they are never taken from us. If governments do not accept and do this enforcement duty, then citizens have a corrupted government.

If a right is given to a soul, by god, he would have a duty to ensure that they are never taken from us. The fact that they often are, indicates that he is shirking his duty.

To me, rights are like laws, completely useless and worthless unless they can be enforced by a given power when they are breached.

Do you have any real god given rights, or are god given rights just a feel-good lie that we tell ourselves we have so as to ignore that we have none?

Regards
DL
Well it is a funny thing. When you ask a godless Leftist if we have rights that empower the state to "help" people, they will spout off a bunch of rights, such as the right to health care, the right to abortions, the right to vote, etc.

However, if you try to mention rights of the individual that limit government power they will say that such rights don't really exist.

In short, they want their cake and eat it too.
Well the governments give us rights and takes them away.
And the republicans think they have a right to own a gun or rifle (without background checks) and do mass shootings, and the republicans think they have a right who can get married, and who gets healthcare or not.

See how that works.
Even California said no to gay marriage
and they were the first state to recognize it. Only the anti gay ? religious freaks were against it. Its a legal issue, not a moral one.
The supreme court forced it on California..

But you already knew that

So see how you republicans like to act, like you are gods and gay marriage is not forced on anyone.
Its a legal issue, not a moral one.

If law is moral, then the issue is a moral one.

It can be said that law is not as moral as it will be, but we cannot say that it does not hold any morality.

Given that secular law is bringing more peace and law minding than religions, I would give it high marks for morality.

Thank God for laïcité.

Regards
DL

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

When a right is given to us by governments, they assume and have a duty to ensure that they are never taken from us. If governments do not accept and do this enforcement duty, then citizens have a corrupted government.

If a right is given to a soul, by god, he would have a duty to ensure that they are never taken from us. The fact that they often are, indicates that he is shirking his duty.

To me, rights are like laws, completely useless and worthless unless they can be enforced by a given power when they are breached.

Do you have any real god given rights, or are god given rights just a feel-good lie that we tell ourselves we have so as to ignore that we have none?

Regards
DL
Given the fact there is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists, there are no ‘god given’ rights.

Our rights are inalienable, they manifest the consequence of our humanity – rights can be neither taken nor bestowed by any government, constitution, or man.

Although inalienable, our rights are not unlimited or absolute, they are subject to lawful limits and restrictions by government.

Rights subject to lawful restrictions have not been ‘taken’ or ‘lost.’

I like how you began, but not so much the rest.

Your a bright person so let me try.

Without enforcement, inalienable is a wish word when applied to rights. Much like freedom, it is irrelevant to reality.

You would not like chaos.

The protection of rights needs enforcing. They are man made, not god made, and thus it is to men to protect them.

And here I mean real men. Not to insult those who only think they are men.

We do that by arming our governments while allowing militias of all kinds.

Regards
DL

The rights people actually have are derived directly from the forbearance of the governments they live under.

I agree.

I take it that you would not sign the U.S. constitution as written. Right?

Regards
DL
There are countries around the world that have constitutions modeled closely on ours but they don't mean anything to how free a people actually are. A system of laws and rights mean practically nothing when an elite controls everything and the laws do not equally apply to them. In this country it is not difficult to find many instances where connections, money and influence make all the difference when a person is in jeopardy of the law. When your very freedom is at stake in America we are little better than a banana republic. Being able to write big checks buys an awful lot of rights under the law. Being a poor nobody means you are guilty under the law. Period. The fact that we allow the elites to buy their way out of trouble is the biggest threat to freedom we have.

Your first is correct.

Freegom seeking countries watched Rome rise and fall. They then watched France recover from it's revolution. The birth of democratic rule.

They now watch the U.S. Republic die, while French laïcité takes hold as the next evolutional step towards more liberty, while foregoing any notion of freedom.

This refutes much of the rest of your thoughts.

Systems are everything my friend.

You are bang on on the corruption of your legal system. If your nigers wont change it, I guess it is up to the corrupt.

Regards
DL

You are shirking your duty if you don't ensure your rights aren't taken from you.

We basically agree so I do not know why you put a gratuitous insult. If you want to continue that, fuck off.
What insult?

If you want to chat, know that I have been denied my right to council in a court and was forced to defend myself.

Regards
DL
I have no idea what you are talking about... But if you are denied your right to council, I'll waive mine so we are on even footing. It's how I was going to do it anyway.... o.0

I have been. But off topic. Not I am denied.

I can always use good council though. I will let you know if I can use your gift at some later date.

I can use a ghost writer, if you will allow a trade.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

The problem with government given rights, is that you assume this means the government will ensure those rights.

The problem is, if government is the only reason you have them, then government can deny you those rights whenever it pleases.

Throughout all human history, governments have proclaimed themselves to be benefactors, at a the exact same time as claiming to be benefactors, went about every method of abusing the public they claimed to be benefactors for.

Again, if your only rights are given to you by government, then government can take those rights away.

This is one of the huge schizophrenic aspects of left-wing ideology, generally speaking. They say that government regulation and control is fine, because the government is "us".

But then they'll turn right around and complain that politicians serve their own political interests, that corporations have influence, that government agencies all act according to their own values.

AOC being the mindless idiot she is, actually argued both of those. In one video she said "Government is us! Government is the public", and then in another attacked government regulators as having endless conflicts of interest. Wait, I thought government was "us"? It never ends with AOC, because she'll double talk every point she's ever made.

My point though, is that saying that government gave you those rights, implies that government has to power to give, and take, rights.

This is how all tyrannical governments exist. If they can give you a right, they can take it as well.

The United States was different, because we said government isn't the source of our rights. Government is merely to enforce the rights we already have.

In 1689, Locke argued in his Two Treatises of Government that political society existed for the sake of protecting "property", which he defined as a person's "life, liberty, and estate"

This is why it is vital that rights remain, not of government, but of our creator. Because the moment we put the power of determine what is or is not a right, in the hands of human government, humans will abuse that power, and deny rights when it is convenient to do so.

Rights cannot be given. They can only be taken.

Only the one who thinks a right exists can act upon it.

We have elected enforcers and without them to protect you, you can only take your rights to their limits unless you wish to come under the law.

You make your own rights and contribute to the system you need to protect them.

For the people, by the people.

Perhaps the only good phase in your constitution.

If you lived up to that, you would profit from your lousy constitution the way other free countrys have.

That is a shame. I like you goofs.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Only God gives us our rights, most of governments are from devil and they always try to take our rights back. E.g. Covid-19 hoax

They take what you give.

Tell your friends that give to stop giving and bring the bastard oligarches who own us to their G D knees.

Pardon the language brother.

Let us fucking pray hard that your ilk are up to that task.

You used the right word friend when you said give it back.

Lets all stop giving our rights away.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Well it is a funny thing. When you ask a godless Leftist if we have rights that empower the state to "help" people, they will spout off a bunch of rights, such as the right to health care, the right to abortions, the right to vote, etc.

However, if you try to mention rights of the individual that limit government power they will say that such rights don't really exist.

And the republicans think they have a right to own a gun or rifle (without background checks) and do mass shootings, and the republicans think they have a right who can get married, and who gets healthcare or not.

See how that works.
and they were the first state to recognize it. Only the anti gay ? religious freaks were against it. Its a legal issue, not a moral one.

So see how you republicans like to act, like you are gods and gay marriage is not forced on anyone.

It can be said that law is not as moral as it will be, but we cannot say that it does not hold any morality.

Given that secular law is bringing more peace and law minding than religions, I would give it high marks for morality.

Thank God for laïcité.

Regards
DL

Abortion and the death penalty is barbaric, mans laws change like the wind

still- no god

Thank you, Johnny One-Note. Have you discussed your obsession with your therapist?
no god--sorry--you people keep replying but provide no evidence
hahahahahahahhah

Do you know what a logical fallacy is?

It is to the one who cries wolf to show the tracks or the shit. Not to the people to prove the wolf was never there.

Proof of god is his popping up. Deadbeat dads never step up to their responsibilities.

Infanticidal Yahweh sent his son, like the vile coward he is.

You will agree.

That is not a logical fallacy.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

See how that works.

Thank God for laïcité.

Regards
DL

Please opine on this in terms of where the law must eventually go.

I will put my money on the notion that it is a fact that good people will inevitably demand and make good law.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

See how that works.

Thank God for laïcité.

Regards
DL

I will put my money on the notion that it is a fact that good people will inevitably demand and make good law.

Regards
DL

Huh? Even the ex govenors of Illinois a republican suspended the death penalty, when will the left wake up on abortion?

Regards
DL

See how that works.

Thank God for laïcité.

Regards
DL

Abortion is murder - from our literature:

"Every human life is important to Jehovah. Even an unborn baby is precious to him. Under the Law of Moses, if a person accidentally hurt a pregnant woman and either she or her baby died, Jehovah held that person guilty of manslaughter. This meant that even though it was an accident, someone had been killed and the life had to be compensated for. (Read Exodus 21:22, 23.) To God, an unborn baby is a living person. Knowing that, how do you think he feels about abortion? How do you think he feels when he sees millions of unborn babies killed every year?"

Ex. 21: "soul for soul, life for life" - under the Mosaic Law not the law of Christ - Christians are not authorized to execute - but see "Romans 13:1-5" - Why do governments have the God-given right to "bear the sword?"

An unborn child is a human life. Life is one of the inalienable rights stated in OP.

Reading your themes I can observe that God gave you the right to hate Him.

And you have taken that right very seriously.

Regards
DL

See how that works.

Thank God for laïcité.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Huh? Even the ex govenors of Illinois a republican suspended the death penalty, when will the left wake up on abortion?

Who suspended the death penalty?
What is it about men and their obsession with controlling women's health?

Spoken like a true vassal.

BTW, just because a tin pot dictator violates you rights, does not preclude the fact that you have them.

You are confused, buddy... I was talking about societal norms. You can't smoke in the office anymore not because some "dictator" is picking on you, but because the rest of us don't want to smell you disgusting ass smoke.

Most 'rights' are based on societal norms. Blacks had to ride on the back of the bus because that's what people wanted, until someone questioned it.

Not relevant to whether you have rights in the absence of said god.

The DoI says men are "endowed by their creator" ( the unspoken; "whomsoever you may or may not believe that creator to be" is implied), not the Judeo-Christian (or any other ) "God"...This semantic construct isn't an accident.

The founding fathers also believed you had the right to own slaves, that bleeding someone was a solid medical treatment and that shitting in a chamber pot was as good as it got.

Just because the Founding Slave Rapists believed in an Imaginary Sky Pixie (even if they thought the stories in the Bible were silly) doesn't mean that there is one.

Regards
DL

See how that works.

Thank God for laïcité.

Regards
DL

Abortion is murder - from our literature:

"Every human life is important to Jehovah. Even an unborn baby is precious to him. Under the Law of Moses, if a person accidentally hurt a pregnant woman and either she or her baby died, Jehovah held that person guilty of manslaughter. This meant that even though it was an accident, someone had been killed and the life had to be compensated for. (Read Exodus 21:22, 23.) To God, an unborn baby is a living person. Knowing that, how do you think he feels about abortion? How do you think he feels when he sees millions of unborn babies killed every year?"

Ex. 21: "soul for soul, life for life" - under the Mosaic Law not the law of Christ - Christians are not authorized to execute - but see "Romans 13:1-5" - Why do governments have the God-given right to "bear the sword?"

An unborn child is a human life. Life is one of the inalienable rights stated in OP.
From the nabre:
Exodus 21:22 New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)

22 When men have a fight and hurt a pregnant woman, so that she suffers a miscarriage, but no further injury, the guilty one shall be fined as much as the woman’s husband demands of him, and he shall pay in the presence of the judges.

and what do you think about this one:
1 Samuel 15:3 Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)
3 Now go and smite Am′alek, and utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.’”

Spoken like a true vassal.

BTW, just because a tin pot dictator violates you rights, does not preclude the fact that you have them.

You are confused, buddy... I was talking about societal norms. You can't smoke in the office anymore not because some "dictator" is picking on you, but because the rest of us don't want to smell you disgusting ass smoke.

Most 'rights' are based on societal norms. Blacks had to ride on the back of the bus because that's what people wanted, until someone questioned it.
That's the biggest run-on red herring I've seen in some time.

Not relevant to whether you have rights in the absence of said god.

The DoI says men are "endowed by their creator" ( the unspoken; "whomsoever you may or may not believe that creator to be" is implied), not the Judeo-Christian (or any other ) "God"...This semantic construct isn't an accident.

The founding fathers also believed you had the right to own slaves, that bleeding someone was a solid medical treatment and that shitting in a chamber pot was as good as it got.

Just because the Founding Slave Rapists believed in an Imaginary Sky Pixie (even if they thought the stories in the Bible were silly) doesn't mean that there is one.
Again, this has next to nothing to do with what I said.

Forum List

Back