God given rights. Do you really have any?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

When a right is given to us by governments, they assume and have a duty to ensure that they are never taken from us. If governments do not accept and do this enforcement duty, then citizens have a corrupted government.

If a right is given to a soul, by god, he would have a duty to ensure that they are never taken from us. The fact that they often are, indicates that he is shirking his duty.

To me, rights are like laws, completely useless and worthless unless they can be enforced by a given power when they are breached.

Do you have any real god given rights, or are god given rights just a feel-good lie that we tell ourselves we have so as to ignore that we have none?

Regards
DL

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

When a right is given to us by governments, they assume and have a duty to ensure that they are never taken from us. If governments do not accept and do this enforcement duty, then citizens have a corrupted government.

If a right is given to a soul, by god, he would have a duty to ensure that they are never taken from us. The fact that they often are, indicates that he is shirking his duty.

To me, rights are like laws, completely useless and worthless unless they can be enforced by a given power when they are breached.

Do you have any real god given rights, or are god given rights just a feel-good lie that we tell ourselves we have so as to ignore that we have none?

Regards
DL
we have God given rights .

Regards
DL
we have God given rights .

What are they?

First and foremost... I don't know if there is a God... I don't know if there are many. Here is what I know, that if there is one... He/she/it fuck'n loves me. I've been blessed many times over. Maybe God, maybe luck, maybe whatever... All I know is I'm going to continue what I'm doing, it's working wonderfully.

A "God given right" isn't given by the government. It may support it, but it isn't given. The right is given to SELF, meaning if you don't use/support said right... Then you have the ability of said right... But you don't have it.

You have a duty to do so... Not God. You are shirking your duty if you don't ensure your rights aren't taken from you. If you allow others to dictate what you can or can't do with things that you believe you have the right of... That's not on anyone else. You have many ways to combat that, you are doing one of them now... On this forum.

I think your problem here is you don't think you have any power, you don't want it, or you want someone else to wield it for you. If you are unwilling to fight ( used loosely ) for what you believe in, then you are correct within yourself... They are useless and worthless.

Come try to take mine. I'll show you what rights I have.

Or do you not have the right to do that?

Regards
DL
Well it is a funny thing. When you ask a godless Leftist if we have rights that empower the state to "help" people, they will spout off a bunch of rights, such as the right to health care, the right to abortions, the right to vote, etc.

However, if you try to mention rights of the individual that limit government power they will say that such rights don't really exist.

In short, they want their cake and eat it too.

I don't profess a belief in any God, but if someone wants to claim that they have God given rights, I don't really care...

Regards
DL
Well it is a funny thing. When you ask a godless Leftist if we have rights that empower the state to "help" people, they will spout off a bunch of rights, such as the right to health care, the right to abortions, the right to vote, etc.

However, if you try to mention rights of the individual that limit government power they will say that such rights don't really exist.

Well the governments give us rights and takes them away.
And the republicans think they have a right to own a gun or rifle (without background checks) and do mass shootings, and the republicans think they have a right who can get married, and who gets healthcare or not.

See how that works.

Well the governments give us rights and takes them away.
And the republicans think they have a right to own a gun or rifle (without background checks) and do mass shootings, and the republicans think they have a right who can get married, and who gets healthcare or not.

See how that works.

Wow, what a fabulously ignorant post.

Kudos!

Regards
DL

There are no rights.

There are privileges society thinks you should have.

Any fool who thinks he has rights should look up "Japanese-Americans, 1942".

Matthew 7:13
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

Philippians 1:22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know!

Genesis 3:13 Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

10.jpg

Regards
DL

"Rights", properly defined, do not require the actions of another party -whether through acquiescence or coercion- for you to enjoy them...For example, your right to free speech conveys no obligation upon anyone else to for you to speak...Subsequently, nobody else is under any obligation to listen you speak, let alone supply you with a megaphone.

No conversation on this can be had in the absence of what Jefferson referred to as "nature's god" (completely non-denominational) in the DoI...

Long and the short of it is that even atheists have rights, as a natural result and product of their very being.

Last edited:

Regards
DL

There are no rights.

There are privileges society thinks you should have.

Any fool who thinks he has rights should look up "Japanese-Americans, 1942".
Spoken like a true vassal.

BTW, just because a tin pot dictator violates you rights, does not preclude the fact that you have them.

Regards
DL
GOD GIVEN RIGHTS are not given to us by governments, but governments and people can take them away if we are unable to defend them. This is why the founding fathers made item one and two in the bill of rights and stated that these SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED...

IF you allow a person or a government to take these rights and you do not fight for them, you have lost them due to your complacency.

no proof of god--so no
Natural rights need no God...The avowed atheist Rand commented at great length on this very subject.
still- no god
Not relevant to whether you have rights in the absence of said god.

The DoI says men are "endowed by their creator" ( the unspoken; "whomsoever you may or may not believe that creator to be" is implied), not the Judeo-Christian (or any other ) "God"...This semantic construct isn't an accident.

Forum List

Back