God given rights. Do you really have any?

We do not have God given laws.
Exactly.

It is other humans who take rights from one another. Ideals are a great thing, the thing that separates us from the baboons. But the concepts that God gave us certain inalienable rights--that God even exists--are manmade constructions.

no proof of god--so no
Natural rights need no God...The avowed atheist Rand commented at great length on this very subject.
still- no god
Not relevant to whether you have rights in the absence of said god.

The DoI says men are "endowed by their creator" ( the unspoken; "whomsoever you may or may not believe that creator to be" is implied), not the Judeo-Christian (or any other ) "God"...This semantic construct isn't an accident.
no god ....yes--the thread is about GOD given rights

no proof of god--so no
Natural rights need no God...The avowed atheist Rand commented at great length on this very subject.
still- no god

The DoI says men are "endowed by their creator" ( the unspoken; "whomsoever you may or may not believe that creator to be" is implied), not the Judeo-Christian (or any other ) "God"...This semantic construct isn't an accident.
And my point is that our natural rights preclude the need for any god.....The underlying premise is flawed.

The OP is an atheist shit stirrer, so it's necessary to point out this little detail.

Well the governments give us rights and takes them away.
And the republicans think they have a right to own a gun or rifle (without background checks) and do mass shootings, and the republicans think they have a right who can get married, and who gets healthcare or not.

See how that works.

Wow, what a fabulously ignorant post.

Kudos!

Yet its the truth.

no proof of god--so no
still- no god

And my point is that our natural rights preclude the need for any god.....The underlying premise is flawed.

The OP is an atheist shit stirrer, so it's necessary to point out this little detail.
pointing out facts and the truth is shit disturbing--ok
hahahhahahahahahahahah

no proof of god--so no
still- no god

....at least he's not TORTURING people to believe in god --like the christians did

no proof of god--so no
still- no god

....at least he's not TORTURING people to believe in god --like the christians did
True as that may be, it's notwithstanding my overall point.

no proof of god--so no
still- no god

True as that may be, it's notwithstanding my overall point.
..the christians [hahahah] are the intolerant trying SHOVE their fairytales down people's throats

no proof of god--so no
still- no god

pointing out facts and the truth is shit disturbing--ok
hahahhahahahahahahahah
Not disturbing at all....I'm agnostic, FWIW...I find most atheists to be at least as dogmatic as any religious funde out there.

And the republicans think they have a right to own a gun or rifle (without background checks) and do mass shootings, and the republicans think they have a right who can get married, and who gets healthcare or not.

See how that works.

Wow, what a fabulously ignorant post.

Kudos!

Yet its the truth.

Oh, I've no doubt that in your pea-brained little pinhead it's the truth.

Intelligent people know better, though...

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

When a right is given to us by governments, they assume and have a duty to ensure that they are never taken from us. If governments do not accept and do this enforcement duty, then citizens have a corrupted government.

If a right is given to a soul, by god, he would have a duty to ensure that they are never taken from us. The fact that they often are, indicates that he is shirking his duty.

To me, rights are like laws, completely useless and worthless unless they can be enforced by a given power when they are breached.

Do you have any real god given rights, or are god given rights just a feel-good lie that we tell ourselves we have so as to ignore that we have none?

Regards
DL
"If a right is given to a soul, by god, he would have a duty to ensure that they are never taken from us. The fact that they often are, indicates that he is shirking his duty. "

If you are referring to the Judeo-Christian concept, why isn't God capitalized?
As would be 'He.'

It appears you are a government school grad.

The rights are simply part of the human condition, as is the ability to think.

What you fail to consider is the central concept of the faith at issue.....free will.

It is up to humanity to demand those rights be respected.

I HAVE MANY:
  1. I have the God-given right to be lied to by my government.
  2. I have the God-given right to be taxed by and cheated by my government with impunity.
  3. I have the God-given right to have all my god-given rights trampled on by my government.
  4. I have the God-given right to have my government take my god-given rights away as they see fit when inconvenient to them.
  5. I have the God-given right to elect a new and better constitutional government of the people in their place.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

When a right is given to us by governments, they assume and have a duty to ensure that they are never taken from us. If governments do not accept and do this enforcement duty, then citizens have a corrupted government.

If a right is given to a soul, by god, he would have a duty to ensure that they are never taken from us. The fact that they often are, indicates that he is shirking his duty.

To me, rights are like laws, completely useless and worthless unless they can be enforced by a given power when they are breached.

Do you have any real god given rights, or are god given rights just a feel-good lie that we tell ourselves we have so as to ignore that we have none?

Regards
DL
Well it is a funny thing. When you ask a godless Leftist if we have rights that empower the state to "help" people, they will spout off a bunch of rights, such as the right to health care, the right to abortions, the right to vote, etc.

However, if you try to mention rights of the individual that limit government power they will say that such rights don't really exist.

In short, they want their cake and eat it too.

See how that works.
Your Brain: A VERY SCARY PLACE.

Regards
DL
Well it is a funny thing. When you ask a godless Leftist if we have rights that empower the state to "help" people, they will spout off a bunch of rights, such as the right to health care, the right to abortions, the right to vote, etc.

However, if you try to mention rights of the individual that limit government power they will say that such rights don't really exist.

See how that works.
Even California said no to gay marriage

Regards
DL
We have no government-given rights.

Regards
DL

See how that works.
Your Brain: A VERY SCARY PLACE.

Yep, you could never handle the vass amount of information stored in it.

Regards
DL

See how that works.
and they were the first state to recognize it. Only the anti gay ? religious freaks were against it. Its a legal issue, not a moral one.

Regards
DL

See how that works.
and they were the first state to recognize it. Only the anti gay ? religious freaks were against it. Its a legal issue, not a moral one.
The supreme court forced it on California..

But you already knew that

Forum List

Back