Go Ahead, Remove Roe V. Wade

In many ways, I want the Supreme Court to overturn Roe V Wade.

Not because of my personal beliefs. I believe in choice. I can make that choice for myself only. Not every woman in the nation.

Because it will create such a backlash, republicans won't be able to be elected dog catcher in most places.

There has never been a time in our nation that the majority wanted to outlaw abortion.

The gap between those who want to outlaw it has been growing too.

So while many women will die and be harmed very badly for a while in red states only, it will guarantee that either republicans are thrown out of office for a very long time or they will wake up and stop pandering to a small margin of our nation.

Either way, abortion and women's health care will stop being a political weapon.

It never should have become a political weapon in the first place.

I don't think the Supreme Court has the guts to overturn Roe V Wade. They aren't as stupid as the minority who want it outlawed. They know what the political consequences will be.

Reversing Roe will not result in abortion being illegal in the US. Such an attempt would be political suicide.

Why though if you believe what you are peddling are you so afraid of Democracy?

Well, when you’ve been busy passing a raft of laws that will force rape victims to bear a pregnancy to term, can you blame folks for hating you? Republicans now stand for forced pregnancy.
You are an idiot, abortion will not become illegal in the US.

I doubt even a single state will make it illegal for a woman/girl to have an abortion in cases of rape and incest and if they do, women are free to travel to any other state that allows them.

Not if they report the rape before the fetus has a heartbeat, about 6 weeks.
Relax folks, we're going to find that abortion in cases of rape and incest will be legal in every state or just about every state and first term abortions will still be legal in virtually every state for any reason.

In many ways, I want the Supreme Court to overturn Roe V Wade.

Not because of my personal beliefs. I believe in choice. I can make that choice for myself only. Not every woman in the nation.

Because it will create such a backlash, republicans won't be able to be elected dog catcher in most places.

There has never been a time in our nation that the majority wanted to outlaw abortion.

The gap between those who want to outlaw it has been growing too.

So while many women will die and be harmed very badly for a while in red states only, it will guarantee that either republicans are thrown out of office for a very long time or they will wake up and stop pandering to a small margin of our nation.

Either way, abortion and women's health care will stop being a political weapon.

It never should have become a political weapon in the first place.

I don't think the Supreme Court has the guts to overturn Roe V Wade. They aren't as stupid as the minority who want it outlawed. They know what the political consequences will be.

sad-baby.gif

mom-with-child.jpg

Would you give $2,000 a month so that this woman can provide food and shelter for this child?

1. She OBVIOUSLY hates that child, as you Leftists are constantly preaching, with vile lies,
2. Adoption is the answer IF:
A. The foul human wants to get rid of her own child, AND
B. The father of the child cannot support it AND
C. Does not want to raise it, AND
D. The four grandparents don't want to raise their beautiful grandchild, AND
E. No aunt or uncle or friend will take on the responsibility.
Combining all of these contingencies will leave fewer babies than are wanted for adoption.

My niece had to go to Russia to adopt a baby because there are NO "Unwanted babies" here in the U.S. given up for adoption.

My friend gave up his grandson for adoption because the mother was a drug addict and his son is irresponsible and incompetent. The couple who adopted this brilliant boy flew from Virginia to California to find, adopt and love him, such children are so scarce.

That answers your faux "question" in ways you never thought of, nor wanted to hear.

Why do you assume that everyone who supports a woman’s right to choose has had or will ever have an abortion?
I never assumed any such thing, said any such thing, so I wonder why you are assuming that? Bottom line is that a woman so inclined presumes to be able to make that decision for another person by some self-appointed but nebulous right, another person who unfortunately cannot speak for themselves in their own defense, just opening the door to more careless, unwanted and undesired conceptions because they figure, "Oh what the hell, if I get pregnant, I'll just get an abortion!"

I never assumed any such thing, said any such thing, so I wonder why you are assuming that?

I’m assuming that based on a lot of tbe comments I read here, which ignore the emotional complexities of abortion and boil it down to “you want to kill babies”. Come on…look at some of tbe comments here Toob.

Bottom line is that a woman so inclined presumes to be able to make that decision for another person by some self-appointed but nebulous right, another person who unfortunately cannot speak for themselves in their own defense, just opening the door to more careless, unwanted and undesired conceptions because they figure, "Oh what the hell, if I get pregnant, I'll just get an abortion!"
This is what it comes down to for me, and that is what is our most fundamental right ever, our rights to our own bodily integrity and no one has the right to strip me of it.

And you really are wrong about something here. No woman wakes up one morning and decides oh hell, I’ll just go and have an abortion on the way to getting my hair done. It just doesn’t work that way and I don’t know why you think it does. It is an agonizing decision for any woman. From a purely practical point of view, you are looking at the cost of $750 on up, for just the procedure. Depending on where you live you might have to travel several hundred miles, on multiple trips, spend money for hotels, time off work, etc. and then there is the procedure itself.

I’m assuming that based on a lot of tbe comments I read here
Yeah, I read them too, but I didn't make all those comments!

This is what it comes down to for me, and that is what is our most fundamental right ever, our rights to our own bodily integrity and no one has the right to strip me of it.
I'm not a girl, but I think I know how you feel---- I felt the exact same way the past year as I endured everything from harassment and ridicule to refusal of service to restrictions on the basic needs of my life to death threats just because I too wanted to decide on my own fundamental bodily integrity by deciding what crap gets injected into my body, especially when it could be more dangerous to me than the actual covid-thing.

From a purely practical point of view, you are looking at the cost of $750 on up, for just the procedure. Depending on where you live you might have to travel several hundred miles, on multiple trips, spend money for hotels, time off work, etc. and then there is the procedure itself.
Thanks. That is something I didn't know. Still, as a guy, I spent a great deal of my life passing many opportunities I might otherwise enjoyed because I knew that:
  1. I didn't love the woman.
  2. I didn't want her as the mother of my children.
  3. I wasn't in a position to father and raise a child at that time.
So I just didn't risk getting someone pregnant, because abortion just never was an option.

I dig everything you say, my own personal feeling is that abortion is justified in all cases of rape, severe birth defect, or medical health if the woman so chooses, and regrettably, if the mother and preferably BOTH parents don't want the child and cannot be convinced to put the kid up for adoption, etc., then rather than have an unwanted child or parents unfit to raise them, give them up to FOUR MONTHS to decide (as a nice round number)--- by then, any reasonable person has time to know they are pregnant and make arrangements. By then, we are dealing with a heartbeat and a brainwave, so, a nascent human life, and beyond that point, I think you need a REAL DAMN GOOD REASON to abort without it being considered a fetuscide.

Well, when you’ve been busy passing a raft of laws that will force rape victims to bear a pregnancy to term, can you blame folks for hating you? Republicans now stand for forced pregnancy.
Who forced you to spread your legs. That is rape and a crime. I suggest you call the police.

Yeah, I read them too, but I didn't make all those comments!

I'm not a girl, but I think I know how you feel---- I felt the exact same way the past year as I endured everything from harassment and ridicule to refusal of service to restrictions on the basic needs of my life to death threats just because I too wanted to decide on my own fundamental bodily integrity by deciding what crap gets injected into my body, especially when it could be more dangerous to me than the actual covid-thing.

Thanks. That is something I didn't know. Still, as a guy, I spent a great deal of my life passing many opportunities I might otherwise enjoyed because I knew that:
  1. I didn't love the woman.
  2. I didn't want her as the mother of my children.
  3. I wasn't in a position to father and raise a child at that time.
So I just didn't risk getting someone pregnant, because abortion just never was an option.

I dig everything you say, my own personal feeling is that abortion is justified in all cases of rape, severe birth defect, or medical health if the woman so chooses, and regrettably, if the mother and preferably BOTH parents don't want the child and cannot be convinced to put the kid up for adoption, etc., then rather than have an unwanted child or parents unfit to raise them, give them up to FOUR MONTHS to decide (as a nice round number)--- by then, any reasonable person has time to know they are pregnant and make arrangements. By then, we are dealing with a heartbeat and a brainwave, so, a nascent human life, and beyond that point, I think you need a REAL DAMN GOOD REASON to abort without it being considered a fetalcide.
Thanks for a rare (for USMB) and wonderfull reasonable response. From my perspective, I don’t have a problem with elective abortions being limited after 16 weeks assuming there are no barriers to a woman being able to get one by then. After that I’m ok with restrictions as long as there are caveats for the woman’s health, life or severe fetal deformitie.

We’re not baby killers. We’re sick of men who hate women, telling women how to live their lives.

No rights for American women. Not even equality.

And yet Canadian laws by province are even more restrictive than American laws. You're so full of it DL. Like Tucker Carlson said. Leftists: weak men and angry women.

I’m assuming that based on a lot of tbe comments I read here, which ignore the emotional complexities of abortion and boil it down to “you want to kill babies”. Come on…look at some of tbe comments here Toob.

And you really are wrong about something here. No woman wakes up one morning and decides oh hell, I’ll just go and have an abortion on the way to getting my hair done. It just doesn’t work that way and I don’t know why you think it does. It is an agonizing decision for any woman. From a purely practical point of view, you are looking at the cost of $750 on up, for just the procedure. Depending on where you live you might have to travel several hundred miles, on multiple trips, spend money for hotels, time off work, etc. and then there is the procedure itself.
I had a secretary that had so many abortions she would run down on her lunch hour, have the abortion, take an aspirin and be back at work. It is NOT an agonizing decision. There are thousands of women wearing proud to have an abortion t-shirts for it to be agonizing.

I had a secretary that had so many abortions she would run down on her lunch hour, have the abortion, take an aspirin and be back at work. It is NOT an agonizing decision. There are thousands of women wearing proud to have an abortion t-shirts for it to be agonizing.
Yes. It is agonizing decision. One person is one person. If you haven’t had one how would you know?

Endless Virtue Signaling BS.............

Changes nothing to shithole Blue states as they incite violence on SCOTUS and say they have a right to be violent,.

The left are a bunch of LYING HEATHANS............

Tell me how overturning Roe v Wade affects New York laws...........

Doesn't .............Just you trying to allow Abortion on demand til birth.

The left is saying HOW DARE YOU DISOBEY ME...........as they openly DOX SCOTUS to try and scare them into not overturning Roe v Wade. Which will not affect the laws of a single Blue State.

Forum List

Back