Tennessee Department Of Education Rejects Complaint Filed Under Anti-Critical Race Theory Law

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
The only reason why the department of education rejected it was because the complaint was filed before the law went into effect.

They will refile it.

It will be interesting to see what the Tennessee department of education does.

For all you people out there who support this type of censorship, you are going too far.

You also don't realize that at least with most students, the first thing they are going to read is what they are told they are forbidden to know and read.

Removing certain history from schools doesn't remove the truth.

It also puts those students at a huge disadvantage with the students who weren't forbidden from learning subjects that the far right doesn't like.

It will continue to put people from red states farther behind the rest of the world.

So go ahead, try to remove MLK Jr's march on Washington DC from being taught to students in red states. That march includes his "I Have A Dream" speech.

Just be prepared for the consequences.

The only reason why the department of education rejected it was because the complaint was filed before the law went into effect.

They will refile it.

For all you people out there who support this type of censorship, you are going too far.

You also don't realize that at least with most students, the first thing they are going to read is what they are told they are forbidden to know and read.

It also puts those students at a huge disadvantage with the students who weren't forbidden from learning subjects that the far right doesn't like.

It will continue to put people from red states farther behind the rest of the world.

So go ahead, try to remove MLK Jr's march on Washington DC from being taught to students in red states. That march includes his "I Have A Dream" speech.

The TN board of education should answer to the parents. They should make their decision based on what the parents want for their children, not what woke assholes want.

They will refile it.

Poisonous ideology will always be poisonous. Be very glad no sane group of Americans has launched another Crusade against this madness . . . yet. That you would support venomous curricula created to divide Americans forever is quite telling.

Didn't these fascists learn from the NAZIs?

You expect someone to have your expertise in degenerate? You are ahead of the curve when it comes to things like that.

yeah, let's teach our children to hate each other and if you don't like that, you're just a censor NAZI.

That message will go over big.

They will refile it.

I thought you guys said nobody is teaching Critical Race Theory.

This matter only makes me wonder why reading certain material in school is so important in the first place. A lot of what I had to read in high school was not something that I would have read voluntarily. The last book that I thought was good during them days is the one named The Outsiders written by S.E. Hinton.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

P.S. After reading that book, my class was shown the movie that was made to go with it. Its good, but it has way too sad of an ending which was just like the book.

I thought you guys said nobody is teaching Critical Race Theory.

You are telling me that teaching MLK Jr's march on Washington DC and his I Have A Dream speech is CRT?

That's the point, it's NOT CRT.

CRT is taught in law schools. It's about economics and law history in regard to race and discrimination.

Teaching about MKL Jr isn't CRT and never will be.

If you are trying to say teaching anything about what has happened in our history in regard to black people is CRT then you don't know what CRT is.

Which most people don't.

You are telling me that teaching MLK Jr's march on Washington DC and his I Have A Dream speech is CRT?

That's the point, it's NOT CRT.

CRT is taught in law schools. It's about economics and law history in regard to race and discrimination.

Teaching about MKL Jr isn't CRT and never will be.

If you are trying to say teaching anything about what has happened in our history in regard to black people is CRT then you don't know what CRT is.

Which most people don't.
Kind of contradicting yourself, aren't you?

Kind of contradicting yourself, aren't you?

No I'm not.

You are insinuating that teaching MLK Jr, his march on Washington and his I Have a Dream Speech is CRT and it's not.

It seems to me that in your mind anything that teaches history in regard to black people is CRT.

It's not.

Look up what CRT is.

The complaint wasn't filed in regard to CRT:

The 11-page complaint alleged that the literacy curriculum, Wit and Wisdom, used by Williamson County Schools and at least 30 other districts, has a “heavily biased agenda” that makes children “hate their country, each other and/or themselves.”

How is MLK Jr's march on Washington and his I Have A Dream speech a heavily biased agenda and makes children hate our country and themselves?

Apparently not.

And they complain about "cancel culture."
Apparently, a book about MLK makes kids “uncomfortable”…but yet these are the same kids being taught by their parents that Rittenhouse is a hero…wtf.

The left created cultural politically correct “safe spaces” for their snowflakes, while the right legislates “safe spaces“ through book bannings, for their snowflakes.

No I'm not.

You are insinuating that teaching MLK Jr, his march on Washington and his I Have a Dream Speech is CRT and it's not.

It seems to me that in your mind anything that teaches history in regard to black people is CRT.

It's not.

Look up what CRT is.

The complaint wasn't filed in regard to CRT:

The 11-page complaint alleged that the literacy curriculum, Wit and Wisdom, used by Williamson County Schools and at least 30 other districts, has a “heavily biased agenda” that makes children “hate their country, each other and/or themselves.”

How is MLK Jr's march on Washington and his I Have A Dream speech a heavily biased agenda and makes children hate our country and themselves?

Never mind. I initially misread your OP. I agree that this does not appear to be CRT and should not be banned unless there is more to the story than what we are reading.

What consequences? Is that a terrorist commie threat?

Critical Theory failed to change the U.S. into a commie shithole because class warfare has not worked. There are no classes.

But there are races to divide. Enter Critical Race Theory, the new re-brand of Marxist shit.

The commie Marxists are trying to make the "I have a dream" speech into something it is NOT and NEVER WAS.

Liars. The lot of them.

Last edited:

They will refile it.

Other than that the speech was given by another black minister before King used it I dont have a problem with teaching it in school

But it is possible to place so much emphasis on 12% of our history as to give a distorted misunderstanding of the past and raise a generation of guilt-ridden self-hating white kids

And I think that is the ultimate goal of the lib educators

Never mind. I initially misread your OP. I agree that this does not appear to be CRT and should not be banned unless there is more to the story than what we are reading.

No problem.

I have misread my share of posts too.

We all do it once in a while.

Forum List

Back