Georgia judge denies Trump’s latest bid to dismiss election interference case

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
AGeorgia judge has rejected Donald Trump and his co-defendants’ attempt to dismiss the state election interference trial for violating their right to free speech.

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee on Thursday denied the defendant’s latest attempt to delay or dismiss the case, saying the unsubstantiated claims of election fraud that the defendants made were allegedly, “in furtherance of criminal activity and constitute false statements knowingly and willfully made in matters within a government agency’s jurisdiction which threaten to deceive and harm the government.”
Judge McAfee said those and “even core political speech addressing matters of public concern” were not “impenetrable” from prosecution if they allegedly furthered criminal activity.

He added that the allegations that the defendant’s speech was conducted with criminal intent “are something only a jury can resolve” meaning the defendants could bring forward their motion again but only when the facts of the case are established.

In response to the judge’s decision, Steve Sadow, a lawyer for Mr Trump, said, they disagree with the ruling but will “continue to evaluate [our] options regarding the First Amendment challenges.”

Well, MAGA Morons I guess you will have to keep on forking out that money for lawyers' fees.

I guess we will have to wait and see what the next dumbass delay tactic is going to be.

"The New York case could be the only one to go to trial before the election."

Is this where trump comes unstuck? I think they can get him with this.. meaning he won't be able to run for pres? thoughts??

AGeorgia judge has rejected Donald Trump and his co-defendants’ attempt to dismiss the state election interference trial for violating their right to free speech.

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee on Thursday denied the defendant’s latest attempt to delay or dismiss the case, saying the unsubstantiated claims of election fraud that the defendants made were allegedly, “in furtherance of criminal activity and constitute false statements knowingly and willfully made in matters within a government agency’s jurisdiction which threaten to deceive and harm the government.”
Judge McAfee said those and “even core political speech addressing matters of public concern” were not “impenetrable” from prosecution if they allegedly furthered criminal activity.

He added that the allegations that the defendant’s speech was conducted with criminal intent “are something only a jury can resolve” meaning the defendants could bring forward their motion again but only when the facts of the case are established.

In response to the judge’s decision, Steve Sadow, a lawyer for Mr Trump, said, they disagree with the ruling but will “continue to evaluate [our] options regarding the First Amendment challenges.”

Well, MAGA Morons I guess you will have to keep on forking out that money for lawyers' fees.

I guess we will have to wait and see what the next dumbass delay tactic is going to be.

It is funny that Trump likes to wrap himself up in the flag and glory of the US. Yet at the same time he will abuse all that it stands for.

Freedom of Speech has its limitations and there are laws restricting certain words and actions.

In reality any state or country will places limits on speech. Its not a get out of jail card that allows anything to be said.

To understand Freedom of Speech , you do have to understand its limitations

Sure Nixon can claim he is not a crook.

Clinton can say he never had sexually relationship with that woman

So Trump can frame it anyway he wants to but it about proven that his actions were illegal

Well luckily he lives in the US where he can have a trial and say anything. His lawyers wish that it was true that children should be seen and not heard.

It is funny that Trump likes to wrap himself up in the flag and glory of the US. Yet at the same time he will abuse all that it stands for.

Freedom of Speech has its limitations and there are laws restricting certain words and actions.

In reality any state or country will places limits on speech. Its not a get out of jail card that allows anything to be said.

To understand Freedom of Speech , you do have to understand its limitations

Sure Nixon can claim he is not a crook.

Clinton can say he never had sexually relationship with that woman

So Trump can frame it anyway he wants to but it about proven that his actions were illegal

Well luckily he lives in the US where he can have a trial and say anything. His lawyers wish that it was true that children should be seen and not heard.
Show us the law that prohibits certain words. I can't wait to see that shit.

Show us the law that prohibits certain words. I can't wait to see that shit.
If you say "I'm going to kill you" to someone, that can be a serious crime. But it is not necessarily illegal. The answers depend on whether the speech is a "true threat."

A criminal threat occurs when someone threatens to kill or physically harm someone else. In some states, this crime might be referred to as terroristic threats, threats of violence, malicious harassment, menacing, or another term.

What Is a Criminal Threat?​

A criminal threat involves one person threatening someone else with physical harm or death. To be convicted, the prosecution must prove:

• the defendant communicated a threat of harm to another
  • the defendant intended that the communication be taken as a threat, and
  • the threat was credible and specific so as to place a person

If you say "I'm going to kill you" to someone, that can be a serious crime. But it is not necessarily illegal. The answers depend on whether the speech is a "true threat."

A criminal threat occurs when someone threatens to kill or physically harm someone else. In some states, this crime might be referred to as terroristic threats, threats of violence, malicious harassment, menacing, or another term.

So please don't test it

What Is a Criminal Threat?​

A criminal threat involves one person threatening someone else with physical harm or death. To be convicted, the prosecution must prove:

• the defendant communicated a threat of harm to another
  • the defendant intended that the communication be taken as a threat, and
  • the threat was credible and specific so as to place a person
I asked for a list of prohibited words. Prohibited by law.

I asked for a list of prohibited words. Prohibited by law.
My post dealt with - there are laws concerning certain words and action in conjunction.

So it is prohibited by law when used with an action

meaning you can be punished based on the law

So if the gun goes off it could be accidental death

But if you use words to make a threat then it could be a higher crime

there is no list just written laws

My post dealt with - there are laws concerning certain words and action in conjunction.

So it is prohibited by law when used with an action

meaning you can be punished based on the law

So if the gun goes off it could be accidental death

But if you use words to make a threat then it could be a higher crime

there is no list just written laws
Yeah, that isn't what you said, but ok.

Forum List

Back