Trump continues to lie about ‘election interference.’

Says the pussy that didn't show! If you would have and I had not you would have been all over this board spouting off. Nope I messaged you that day and you didn't respond for 2 days after. Go on lying to yourself and your family. Tell the Gracie's your a badass. You are a fucking coward!
MAGA
Sure, sure, talk tough. I showed up with a sign that said Aldo Raine just to make sure you saw me! I am not on here on weekends, I have better things to do, but keep on telling yourself the lie!

The grand jury heard evidence of Trump’s crimes and indicted him accordingly.

Trump’s criminal prosecution is perfectly appropriate, warranted, lawful, and constitutional – in no manner ‘election interference’; Trump has only himself to blame.

So tell the class when the federal officials who paid tens of millions in settlements, (read hush money), going to be prosecuted. Many in congress paid to keep their reelection hopes alive. When can we expect their prosecutions for unreported in kind contributions to their campaigns and election interference. Also according to you commies, any politician that lies in an election is guilty of election interference, I can't think of even one politician that shouldn't be facing charges under that standard.

That said, I have zero faith in the grand jury system, as practiced today, most times they are given less than half the facts involved. They are usually foregone conclusions.

I said he'd beat the charges. If he pardons himself Smith's charges go away.
Bragg's and Letitia's are easy to beat on appeal.
The Supreme court indicated today that there is no such thing as a self pardon by the President for himself....

He may order the DOJ to drop all of his federal charges if he hasn't gone to trial yet, perhaps...but man oh man, that would be totally wearing his crookedness on his coat sleeve!

The Supreme court indicated today that there is no such thing as a self pardon by the President for himself....
He may order the DOJ to drop all of his federal charges if he hasn't gone to trial yet, perhaps...but man oh man, that would be totally wearing his crookedness on his coat sleeve!
The DOJ can easily justify dropping Smith's two bullshit charges:
1. Classified docs, stolen by Biden and not charged because he's too senile to stand trial. The DOJ can say that after review Trump declassified the docs he had, or they can say some other legitimate excuse to drop the charge like the PRA. Easy Peasy.
2. Smith's J6 case is easier to dismiss based on the 1st Amendment

In The Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde wrote “the only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it.” In the second federal indictment against former President Donald Trump, Special Counsel Jack Smith seems to follow that advice in bringing a prosecution that pursues the president at any cost, even the First Amendment.
While the Wilde quote is well known, few ever include the second line: “Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself, with desire for what its monstrous laws have made monstrous and unlawful.”
Smith resolved this struggle by yielding and not worrying about the thing “forbidden to itself.” Specifically, he jettisoned First Amendment protections to try to bag the former president for alleged crimes connected to Jan. 6.
While the indictment recognizes that politicians are protected in making false statements in elections, it proceeds to charge Trump for doing precisely that in claiming that the 2020 election was stolen. Smith simply charged that Trump did not really believe it, therefore it is fraud.

There is no "crookednness" on Trump's sleeve. Just the satisfaction of beating the democrat's attempt at Lawfare and establishing the US as a commie Banana Republic.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Well, Oliver Wendell Holmes, have you so advised Don's legal team of your useful findings?
If not, why not?
I get it that legal advice ain't free, but.......but if you sat down and wrote a compelling brief on the legal analysis you just offered this chatroom, and passed it on to Trump and his defense team, well......you may just get a nice fat check.

So, rather than share your penetrating legal insights to the bunch of ingrates on this gossipboard, do something of value with it. Go to New York and seek an audience.

Good luck, and.......and report back to this forum on your experience in arguing your ideas to the defense team.
Or, for that matter, to Judge Merchan.

Thanx in advance.
Trump's legal team is well aware of the illegality of this legal nonsense. These are issues for appeal. It's not likely that the biased judge will pay attention. His mind is already made up.

1. Classified docs, stolen by Biden and not charged because he's too senile to stand trial.

The Rabid Right is a hoot.

"It is not our role to assess the criminal charges pending against Mr. Trump, but several material distinctions between Mr. Trump's case and Mr. Biden's are clear. Unlike the evidence involving Mr. Biden, the allegations set forth in the indictment of Mr. Trump, if proven, would present serious aggravating facts. Most notably, after being given multiple chances to return classified documents and avoid prosecution, Mr. Trump allegedly did the opposite. According to the indictment, he not only refused to return the documents for many months, but the also obstructed justice by enlisting others to destroy evidence and then to lie about it. In contrast, Mr. Biden turned in classified documents to the National Archives and the Department of Justice, consented to the search of multiple locations including his homes, sat for a voluntary interview. and in other ways cooperated with the investigation. In reaching our decision, we did not consider every circumstance in which criminal charges against a former president or vice president for mishandling classified information may be warranted. But on the facts of this case, "the fundamental interests of society" do not "require" criminal charges against Mr. Biden.~ For this additional reason, applying the Principles of Federal Prosecution set forth in the Justice Manual, we decline prosecution."

Forum List

Back