Bragg's Case Against Trump - election interference - politically motivated? I have the answer.

Its not a criminal act and it doesn't warrant a criminal trial....

District Attorney Bragg Announces 34-Count Felony Indictment of Former President Donald J. Trump​

April 4, 2023

Read the Indictment and the Statement of Facts
Manhattan District Attorney Alvin L. Bragg, Jr. today announced the indictment of DONALD J. TRUMP, 76, for falsifying New York business records in order to conceal damaging information and unlawful activity from American voters before and after the 2016 election. During the election, TRUMP and others employed a “catch and kill” scheme to identify, purchase, and bury negative information about him and boost his electoral prospects. TRUMP then went to great lengths to hide this conduct, causing dozens of false entries in business records to conceal criminal activity, including attempts to violate state and federal election laws.

TRUMP is charged in a New York State Supreme Court indictment with 34 counts of Falsifying Business Records in the First Degree.

statement of facts:

indictment:

District Attorney Bragg Announces 34-Count Felony Indictment of Former President Donald J. Trump​

April 4, 2023

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin L. Bragg, Jr. today announced the indictment of DONALD J. TRUMP, 76, for falsifying New York business records in order to conceal damaging information and unlawful activity from American voters before and after the 2016 election. During the election, TRUMP and others employed a “catch and kill” scheme to identify, purchase, and bury negative information about him and boost his electoral prospects. TRUMP then went to great lengths to hide this conduct, causing dozens of false entries in business records to conceal criminal activity, including attempts to violate state and federal election laws.

TRUMP is charged in a New York State Supreme Court indictment with 34 counts of Falsifying Business Records in the First Degree.

statement of facts:

indictment:

Campaign shenanigans highlighted in the courtroom:

Pecker, National Enquirer would have suppressed biggest story ‘since the death of Elvis Presley’

The Enquirer learned that a Trump Tower doorman, Dino Sajudin, was shopping a story that Trump had fathered a child out of wedlock with a Trump Tower maid. It was about three months after Pecker had agreed in an August 2015 meeting with Trump and lawyer Michael Cohen to “catch and kill” negative stories about Trump, and to publish positive stories about the real estate developer.

But even before checking out the story, Pecker and the Enquirer agreed to pay Sajudin $30,000 for the exclusive rights to his story. Pecker testified that he made the payment to keep the story out of the market with other publications. Also, Pecker said, “I bought the story, if the story was true, and I published it, it would be probably the biggest sale of the National Enquirer since the death of Elvis Presley.” The Enquirer famously obtained, and published on its cover, a photo of Presley lying in his coffin after his death in August 1977.

Prosecutor Joshua Steinglass asked Pecker whether he had “any intention of publishing it at the time you negotiated this deal?”

No, Pecker said. “If the story came back true, I would’ve published the story shortly after it was verified … after the election.” Pecker added later, “I made the decision to purchase the story to avoid potential embarrassment it would have to the campaign, the campaign and Mr. Trump.”

The allegation turned out to be false. Pecker said Trump offered, through Cohen, to take a DNA test to dispel the allegation, but the Enquirer debunked it without needing Trump’s help.

April 4, 2023

statement of facts:

indictment:

None of that has ever caused a criminal trial.... its nothing that takes a seated jury to remedy... it requires a fine at best... and in this case since it was 14 years ago it is passed the statute of limitations... the judge should have dismissed this case on day one...
Why are you so reluctant to say what the crime is in your own words?... because when you do you know how ridiculous it really is?....

Last edited:
Campaign shenanigans highlighted in the courtroom:

Pecker, National Enquirer would have suppressed biggest story ‘since the death of Elvis Presley’

The Enquirer learned that a Trump Tower doorman, Dino Sajudin, was shopping a story that Trump had fathered a child out of wedlock with a Trump Tower maid. It was about three months after Pecker had agreed in an August 2015 meeting with Trump and lawyer Michael Cohen to “catch and kill” negative stories about Trump, and to publish positive stories about the real estate developer.

But even before checking out the story, Pecker and the Enquirer agreed to pay Sajudin $30,000 for the exclusive rights to his story. Pecker testified that he made the payment to keep the story out of the market with other publications. Also, Pecker said, “I bought the story, if the story was true, and I published it, it would be probably the biggest sale of the National Enquirer since the death of Elvis Presley.” The Enquirer famously obtained, and published on its cover, a photo of Presley lying in his coffin after his death in August 1977.

Prosecutor Joshua Steinglass asked Pecker whether he had “any intention of publishing it at the time you negotiated this deal?”

No, Pecker said. “If the story came back true, I would’ve published the story shortly after it was verified … after the election.” Pecker added later, “I made the decision to purchase the story to avoid potential embarrassment it would have to the campaign, the campaign and Mr. Trump.”

The allegation turned out to be false. Pecker said Trump offered, through Cohen, to take a DNA test to dispel the allegation, but the Enquirer debunked it without needing Trump’s help.
Wow, sounds like they are trying to create a new law as they go along.
Good luck, Joe, Obama and Clinton if this new law stands. A lot of presidents are
going to be facing the legal system

None of that has ever caused a criminal trial.... its nothing that takes a seated jury to remedy... it requires a fine at best... and in this case since it was 14 years ago it is passed the statute of limitations... the judge should have dismissed his case on day one...
Why are you so reluctant to say what the crime is in your own words?... because when you do you know how ridiculous it really is?....
Your pathetic opinion(s) is noted. Facts prove your regurgitation of MAGA talking pints to be untrue.

Now you're an expert on what judges should and should not do. Okay.

Your pathetic opinion(s) is noted. Facts prove your regurgitation of MAGA talking pints to be untrue.

You know that this judge has ran to put himself on every Trump related NY case where he has jurisdiction in?... that alone is expected to cause this case to be overturned on appeal....

Other presidents do it and it's.......crickets.
Trump does it ands it's......prison.
Taking a misdemeanor and creating a felony out of it is just priceless.

Equal application of the law.

You go from what are the crimes, to the presidential horse race?

Okay, trollboi.
Ummm, dainty, YOU are the troll. The indictment lists no underlying crime.

You know it, (or maybe you're so stupid you don't?) and we know it. So does the vast majority of the people of New York.

Ummm, dainty, YOU are the troll. The indictment lists no underlying crime.

You know it, (or maybe you're so stupid you don't?) and we know it. So does the vast majority of the people of New York.
Now we skip over to a predicate (underlying) crime? Revealed during trial. State law says no predicate crime has to be listed in any indictment.

fail

Even long time leftist attorneys are scratching their heads over this... what is the crime?...
Do you know what the crime is or what law was broken in this case?... I'm serious... I would like to know so maybe I could understand it better... I'm watching the trial coverage and I can't see a crime... I see embarrassing stuff come out but its all the things we already know about... just airing the same dirty laundry over and over again and keep Trump in the courtroom is election interference....
No question about the crime.

"Yet this case is not really about election interference, nor is it a politically motivated attempt to criminalize a benign personal deal. Boring as it may sound, it is a case about business integrity."

The author Rebecca Roiphe used to work in the office that is prosecuting Mr. Trump. Ms. Roiphe is a former assistant district attorney in the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office. More than anyone, she seems to have no dog in the fight over what this is really all about.
"Yet this case is not really about election interference, nor is it a politically motivated attempt to criminalize a benign personal deal. Boring as it may sound, it is a case about business integrity."

The author Rebecca Roiphe used to work in the office that is prosecuting Mr. Trump. Ms. Roiphe is a former assistant district attorney in the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office. More than anyone, she seems to have no dog in the fight over what this is really all about.
In time, after the smoke created by lawyers has cleared, it will be easy to see why the prosecution is both solid and legitimate.

Forum List

Back