Forty years later we still can't sort our trash.

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
Recycling has largely failed because people either don't care, or care too much.

Recycling to save the planet. Just another reason for Americans to voive their anger and hate for each other. Buy another couple of guns to be ready for when it all erupts into action.

mary xmas baby jesus!

its failed because its bullshit,,

That's the plastics that aren't recyclable, at least until now.

You don't understand, but you may gain some knowledge on the issue by discussing it here.

Just in the last hour there have been three or four issues raised that will benefit Americas toward understanding issues they have avoided, or they have found too complicated.

You don't understand, but you may gain some knowledge on the issue by discussing it here.

Just in the last hour there have been three or four issues raised that will benefit Americas toward understanding issues they have avoided, or they have found too complicated.
sure some things are recyclable and make more sense that mining for more of it, but the program as a whole is a waste of time,,

I spoke to one of my sanitation engineers when I still lived in NYS. He told me not to worry too much about whether I had inadvertently mixed the wrong kind of plastic into my recording bin. (It is supposed to be limited to type 1 or 2.)

When asked why, he said that the town I then lived in didn’t actually do recycling.

I said something along the lines of “what?!” He smiled at my naïveté and told me that they just dump the recycling in with the regular garbage.

I’m not sure how many localities do this shit. But I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that it’s quite a few.

Oh we did the recycling dance for a spell then decided, nah, we really don't care.....Into the Herby-Curby it goes.

The town picks-up our trash and if they need the recycling folks on another job that day or they don't have the help (vacation/sick) the recyclables just go in with the rest of the trash.

Our trash day is today (Friday) so we seldom see the recycle truck because a lot of the guys take Fridays off.....I use my recycle bin for storing kindling for my wood stove and have for years.

I guess it comes down to....Pay for more town employees or just toss the stuff in with the rest of the trash because the income stream is not there to make it viable to hire more employees.

Waste to energy is one answer. Controlled burning of certain stuff produces less pollution than recycling and relieves the glut of those materials.

Last edited:
When he says, "understanding issues" he actually means propagandizing the populace.
Denial of facts and truths are a necessary side of discussions. We've already learned from the picture of non-recyclable plastics, the extent of the problem!

It was posted to make a false point on recycling plastics, but it only made the point that there are a lot of plastics that can't be recycled.

It was equivalent to the poster of the picture shooting his foot off, or stepping in his own dog's shit!

He may get it now and then won't make the same mistake again!

Discussion, in the world after Trump!

Oh we did the recycling dance for a spell then decided, nah, we really don't care.....Into the Herby-Curby it goes.

The town picks-up our trash and if they need the recycling folks on another job that day or they don't have the help (vacation/sick) the recyclables just go in with the rest of the trash.

Our trash day is today (Friday) so we seldom see the recycle truck because a lot of the guys take Fridays off.....I use my recycle bin for storing kindling for my wood stove and have for years.

I guess it comes down to....Pay for more town employees or just toss the stuff in with the rest of the trash because the income stream is not there to make it viable to hire more employees.
There's no hope, buy more guns for the day the chickens ........................

I believe those chickens have already returned. :omg:
Regarding plastics or something off topic?

The picture of the non-recyclable plastics was educating for many Americans.

The one who posted it has another foot to shoot off still. Can we keep the discussion alive?

Regarding plastics or something off topic?

The picture of the non-recyclable plastics was educating for many Americans.

The one who posted it has another foot to shoot off still. Can we keep the discussion alive?
The conclusion of the discussion, no matter how long it survives, is that no one gives a shit about recycling, the environment, or any other problem we face. It's fun to yack about it though.;)

The conclusion of the discussion, no matter how long it survives, is that no one gives a shit about recycling, the environment, or any other problem we face. It's fun to yack about it though.;)
I think otherwise, due to the interest shown in the topic.
And who didn't learn something with the picture of non-recyclable plastics?

The poster of the picture certainly learned something!

If you don't want to be a part of the discussion then why not just fk off and let others enjoy and learn?

Forum List

Back