Forty years later we still can't sort our trash.

I think otherwise, due to the interest shown in the topic.
And who didn't learn something with the picture of non-recyclable plastics?

The poster of the picture certainly learned something!

If you don't want to be a part of the discussion then why not just fk off and let others enjoy and learn?
Because it's my thread. :biggrin:

The more we discuss it the more you and others will see the light, that too few give a shit to make a difference.

Because it's my thread. :biggrin:

The more we discuss it the more you and others will see the light, that too few give a shit to make a difference.
Maybe. Maybe not. It is what it is and it’ll be what it will be. I’m optimistic that it will work itself out eventually. Right now people are more concerned with more immediate worries. Like having enough money to survive. I’ve never seen it like this before and I lived through the Carter era.

Maybe. Maybe not. It is what it is and it’ll be what it will be. I’m optimistic that it will work itself out eventually. Right now people are more concerned with more immediate worries. Like having enough money to survive. I’ve never seen it like this before and I lived through the Carter era.
Me too. It was hell.

I think it’s worse now. At least back then savings in bank accounts earned ~6% interest. The government doesn’t want people to save. They want people to spend.
In the early 1980's I had a small CD that paid 11 percent interest. I was saving for the down payment on a rental property, which I finally bought in 1994. My initial mortgage rate was 8 percent, which rose to over 9 percent three years later. Rates began to fall soon after and at the time that I paid it off seven years later my rate was just over 5 percent.

In the early 1980's I had a small CD that paid 11 percent interest. I was saving for the down payment on a rental property, which I finally bought in 1994. My initial mortgage rate was 8 percent, which rose to over 9 percent three years later. Rates began to fall soon after and at the time that I paid it off seven years later my rate was just over 5 percent.
When the cost of money is low the price of tangible items increases. The cost of money has been low since 2000.

When the cost of money is low the price of tangible items increases. The cost of money has been low since 2000.
Interest on savings has also been in the tank. The Fed raising interest rates has helped my bottom line a lot. It might not last however. Once we get through this inflation/recession period rates will likely fall again, to stimulate the recovery.

Forum List

Back