F-150 Lightning fire melts EV trucks, responding officer: 'We’re not putting this out:'

Once EV's are a sizeable percentage of the vehicles on the road, there will need to be several times as many charging stations as there are gas stations, since it will take hours instead of minutes to get these vehicles fueled and put back on the roads.
"Refueling" is usually done at night. Sometimes you need to bump up the charge during the day. Once fast charge batteries hit the market, what will you cry about then?

Recently, I drove to another city to attend a meeting and spent a couple of nights at a hotel that was located just off the Interstate highway.
My hotel assigned parking spot was next to several EV charging stations.
Every time I walked past the charging stations to get to my car.
I noticed several people sitting in their EV's had the drivers seat pushed back and were either reading a book, typing on a laptop, or taking a nap.
Basically, just killing time while waiting for their EV to fully charge so they could get back on the Interstate and continue driving towards their destination.

Last edited:
It is, but it's an illusion. If we think EVs are going to be any less environmentally destructive, we're eating some powerful magic mushrooms.

We're also basically playing into the hands of nations that aren't necessarily friendly toward the US and control the supply and supply chain of critical minerals.
Trouble thinking outside the box? Stupid to give lithium (back [italics]) to the Chinese.

Recently, I drove to a large city to attend a meeting and spent a couple of nights at a hotel that was located just off the Interstate highway.
My hotel assigned parking spot was next to several EV charging stations.
Every time I walked past the charging stations to get to my car.
I noticed several people sitting in their EV's had the drivers seat pushed back and were either reading a book, typing on a laptop, or taking a nap.
Basically, just killing time while waiting for their EV to fully charge so they could get back on the Interstate and continue driving towards their destination.
Trouble thinking outside the box? Battery vending stations, no waiting. Now please get off your bum and write to Ford and Musk about universalizing modular batteries for all EVs, batteries that fit any EV.

Trouble thinking outside the box? Stupid to give lithium (back [italics]) to the Chinese.

Not sure what you mean by giving lithium back to the Chinese as they have more precious metals than anyone on earth. They have at least twice the lithium reserves we do and they're way, way ahead of us in lithium production. And as I said earlier, they dominate the global EV resource supply chain.

Not sure what you mean by giving lithium back to the Chinese as they have more precious metals than anyone on earth. They have at least twice the lithium reserves we do and they're way, way ahead of us in lithium production. And as I said earlier, they dominate the global EV resource supply chain.
You miss the point of keeping what lithium we already have for ourselves and recycling it. Unless one is brain dead, American-recycled lithium would be something Americans find popular and should want to buy, rather than Chinese communist lithium.

"Refueling" is usually done at night. Sometimes you need to bump up the charge during the day. Once fast charge batteries hit the market, what will you cry about then?

Actually I'm all for EV's, I just am not a zealot demanding the end to fossil fuels.
I wouldn't mind having an EV, just not as my only vehicle.

An electric F-150? I won't trust battery powered transportation until they fit A.F. #1 with batteries and the old dude takes a trip.

Forum List

Back