Ford already has 20,000 reservations for new electric F-150 Lightning pickup

The electric truck will become standard and accepted by everyone in the near future until a new technology comes along and we have to hear some folks whine about that change.

You are confused Moon Bat.

I know that electric vehicles are a Moon Bat's wet dream but they will be just as big a disappointment as these stupid wind farms that never work or solar arrays which are always a waste of money.

I wonder how many of you stupid uneducated Moon Bats even know that batteries don't create energy? All they do is inefficiently store energy that was created elsewhere. Energy created by fossil fuels or nuclear for the most part.

These stupid battery packs are only good for about 500 recharging, which is about two years worth of use in a work truck.

Then you have this little thingy about the rare earths that are used to make the stupid batteries create an environmental disaster and the elements will be depleted long before we run out of fossil fuels.

All this Green talk satisfies their immediate need to "feel good"

Generally, they are narcissists and don't really give a shit about the future, it's just a front to stomp their feet and get their way, like 5 year olds.

Most think the EV's magically recharge themselves from Unicorn Fairy dust. They have no clue about the massive increase in coal, fossil and nuclear plants that will be needed to charge them.

And they surely don't consider the harm done to the transportation industry. Can you see all those big rigs carrying the nations supplies having to stop overnight every 300 miles to recharge???

Looks like there is some interest in this vehicle---When the worlds most popular truck, the F-150, goes electric--it's a sign--of course, a lot of Right wing types won't buy it..since they can't blow a bunch of obnoxious smoke...LOL!

The automaker revealed the vehicle at 9:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night during an elaborate presentation at the company's world headquarters in Dearborn, Mich. The company's shares jumped by about 3% in premarket training.
The reservations are being closely watched by the company as well as investors to gauge the interest of customers in EV pickups, which is an unproven segment that automakers are rushing to enter.
Ford is taking reservations for the vehicle on its website. A refundable $100 deposit is required.

Good a lot less traffic while you brainless goofs are charging up for 3 hours at a pop.

Looks like there is some interest in this vehicle---When the worlds most popular truck, the F-150, goes electric--it's a sign--of course, a lot of Right wing types won't buy it..since they can't blow a bunch of obnoxious smoke...LOL!

The automaker revealed the vehicle at 9:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night during an elaborate presentation at the company's world headquarters in Dearborn, Mich. The company's shares jumped by about 3% in premarket training.
The reservations are being closely watched by the company as well as investors to gauge the interest of customers in EV pickups, which is an unproven segment that automakers are rushing to enter.
Ford is taking reservations for the vehicle on its website. A refundable $100 deposit is required.

Ford has yet to publish range numbers for a fully loaded truck towing a 5 ton trailer. I have a feeling that the towing range is going to be about half of the empty truck range or possibly even less than that

If this thing can't haul then it's no good as a truck and is nothing but a daily driver.

Manufacturers don't do that for gas vehicles either. Most people do not use a truck that way. Ford will continue to make diesels.

It doesn't matter with a gas or diesel because it only takes 5 minutes to fill the tank where it takes hours to charge the batteries.

The electric pickup is completely impractical for anyone who uses a truck for what they are designed for.

And no one is forcing you to buy one.

I thought all car manufacturers are supposed to be emission free in the future.

So yeah people will be forced to buy them.

I made my living in real estate and I have owned and worn out 7 or 8 pickups in the last 30 years. The last thing that mattered to me was the 0 to 60 time or even the gas mileage. What matters is can the truck move all the tools and materials needed over the distances I needed them to be moved.

There's a reason Ford isn't publishing that info.

As I noted, no manufacturer publishes that info. No one is going to brag you get 8 mpg with a fully loaded truck. Technology is not going to come to a standstill because you are worried about what might happen in the future at some point.

Like I said it doesn't matter with a gas or diesel because the range is unlimited since it only takes a few minutes to fill the tank.

If you have to stop every hundred miles or so and sit on your ass for hours while the batteries recharge that truck is completely impractical when it comes to actually using it like a truck.

Besides that it's easy to add fuel costs into your estimates and not so easy to add electricity costs

Batteries can now be charged 80% of capacity in around 20 minutes.

has been subsidized for years. We even start wars over it.
Oil is a strategic commodity just as lithium will be in this brave new world that you are demanding

And right now your friends the chinese are cornering the market on it just as have on medical supplies

subsidies started when the government oil decided we would be better off with cars instead of horses.
That never happened

Industry and consumers discovered oil and put it to use and didnt require subsidies

It sure seemed cool. I'm sticking with diesel until the lifespan of those things is sorted out. This has got to sting tesla big time, most of the folks with capacity for an at-home chartings station are truck guys.

has been subsidized for years. We even start wars over it.
Oil is a strategic commodity just as lithium will be in this brave new world that you are demanding

And right now your friends the chinese are cornering the market on it just as have on medical supplies

If you want to condemn subsidies condemn them. I am not interested in arguments that selectively condemn them.

Less emotion (which would be a co-dependent relationship) than disgust, noting the impoverished automatons that whine about the cup being half empty rather than half full.

I don't know why the Moon Bats are so excited about these stupid electric cars. They are as emotional about electric as they are about the AGW scam.

It is an ecological disaster to produce, distribute and dispose of Lithium Ion batteries. You don't save the planet by clean energy because the batteries don't create any clean energy, just store power generated elsewhere. Usually fossil fuels but could be nuclear. Very little wind hydro or solar. We will run out of the rare earth metals needed for the batteries before we run out of fossil fuels.

They are limited in range, cost a ton of money, have very little resale value and takes a long time to recharge. There are some people that can live with those parameters but not most vehicle owners.

Electric cars can be feasible but not with the battery technology we have nowadays. It will take a major breakthrough in battery technology to make them feasible.
Like I've said before I think EVs have a place and the very best niche for them is for a daily driver.

Most people just drive to and from work every day and usually on weekends to do shopping or whatever.

An Ev fits perfectly into that role.

But we still have to be realistic about the limitations

If you want to condemn subsidies condemn them. I am not interested in arguments that selectively condemn them.
There were no subsidies to consumers to give up their horses and buy a car

Ford has yet to publish range numbers for a fully loaded truck towing a 5 ton trailer. I have a feeling that the towing range is going to be about half of the empty truck range or possibly even less than that

If this thing can't haul then it's no good as a truck and is nothing but a daily driver.

Manufacturers don't do that for gas vehicles either. Most people do not use a truck that way. Ford will continue to make diesels.

It doesn't matter with a gas or diesel because it only takes 5 minutes to fill the tank where it takes hours to charge the batteries.

The electric pickup is completely impractical for anyone who uses a truck for what they are designed for.

I made my living in real estate and I have owned and worn out 7 or 8 pickups in the last 30 years. The last thing that mattered to me was the 0 to 60 time or even the gas mileage. What matters is can the truck move all the tools and materials needed over the distances I needed them to be moved.

As I noted, no manufacturer publishes that info. No one is going to brag you get 8 mpg with a fully loaded truck. Technology is not going to come to a standstill because you are worried about what might happen in the future at some point.

Like I said it doesn't matter with a gas or diesel because the range is unlimited since it only takes a few minutes to fill the tank.

If you have to stop every hundred miles or so and sit on your ass for hours while the batteries recharge that truck is completely impractical when it comes to actually using it like a truck.

Besides that it's easy to add fuel costs into your estimates and not so easy to add electricity costs

IF you can find a place to charge them.

And those Fords need an 80 Amp power station to charge that truck from 15 to 100% in 8 hours or a 150KW fast DC charger to do from 15 to 80% in 45 minutes.

Until those types of charging stations are everywhere an electric pickup is flay out impractical and lets not for get that the range will most likely be cut in half when fully loaded and towing.

These are real issues that you want to downplay.

This article is about one of Teslas E trucks that has a lot more battery capacity than the ford lightning and it uses twice as much power towing a 10K lb trailer than it does empty.

The ratio of battery weight to towing range can quickly become a hindrance as shown in the article.

Like i said I'm not against electric vehicles I'm just trying to be a little more realistic than you people.

And those Fords need an 80 Amp power station to charge that truck from 15 to 100% in 8 hours or a 150KW fast DC charger to do from 15 to 80% in 45 minutes.

Until those types of charging stations are everywhere an electric pickup is flay out impractical and lets not for get that the range will most likely be cut in half when fully loaded and towing.

They will sell everyone they make.

Less emotion (which would be a co-dependent relationship) than disgust, noting the impoverished automatons that whine about the cup being half empty rather than half full.

I don't know why the Moon Bats are so excited about these stupid electric cars. They are as emotional about electric as they are about the AGW scam.

It is an ecological disaster to produce, distribute and dispose of Lithium Ion batteries. You don't save the planet by clean energy because the batteries don't create any clean energy, just store power generated elsewhere. Usually fossil fuels but could be nuclear. Very little wind hydro or solar. We will run out of the rare earth metals needed for the batteries before we run out of fossil fuels.

They are limited in range, cost a ton of money, have very little resale value and takes a long time to recharge. There are some people that can live with those parameters but not most vehicle owners.

Electric cars can be feasible but not with the battery technology we have nowadays. It will take a major breakthrough in battery technology to make them feasible.
Like I've said before I think EVs have a place and the very best niche for them is for a daily driver.

Most people just drive to and from work every day and usually on weekends to do shopping or whatever.

My wife and I probably fit into what the EV marketing people think is the "niche".

We are retired, live in area where 99.9% of the things we need are within 25 miles or so.

My 2013 truck has less than 30K miles on it and my wife's 2017 SUV has less than 30K. We don't drive a ton of miles.

So why don't we we get one of those damned things?

1. For the size and quality that we want it would be very expensive.

2. I would have to put in a charging station in my garage.

3. We don't want to be limited in range because we do take trips. Imagine going down to the Florida Keys and running out of power on the Seven Mile Bridge? We live on the West Cost of Florida and even driving to the East Coast like to Daytona Beach and back would be stretching the limits.

4. We know the trade in after three or four years will be terrible. If we don't trade it in we would be looking at a major cost for battery replacement.

5. We really don't trust all electricity in a vehicle. The more computer chips the more likely something could fail.

It is simply not a good deal.

Many, if not most, of the electric vehicles sold will go to stupid fleets where the idiot Democrats do the fleet purchasing. It will be a waste of tax payer's money. Some companies run by Moon Bats will do the same thing. The individuals that buy them will be very disappointed and realize they made a bad investment.

So what? They'll still be useless for contractors.

My wife and I probably fit into what the EV marketing people think is the "niche".

We are retired, live in area where 99.9% of the things we need are within 25 miles or so.

My 2013 truck has less than 30K miles on it and my wife's 2017 SUV has less than 30K. We don't drive a ton of miles.

So why don't we we get one of those damned things?

1. For the size and quality that we want it would be very expensive.

2. I would have to put in a charging station in my garage.

3. We don't want to be limited in range because we do take trips. Imagine going down to the Florida Keys and running out of power on the Seven Mile Bridge? We live on the West Cost of Florida and even driving to the East Coast like to Daytona Beach and back would be stretching the limits.

4. We know the trade in after three or four years will be terrible. If we don't trade it in we would be looking at a major cost for battery replacement.

5. We really don't trust all electricity in a vehicle. The more computer chips the more likely something could fail.

It is simply not a good deal.
It's almost always cheaper to keep the car you already have.

I'm in the same boat I have a 2019 Jeep Cherokee and a 2012 F 150 that are both paid off

The Jeep has 35K on it and the truck has 58K

I'll be keeping them both for a long time

You should call up Ford as soon as they open and tell them that. I'm sure they will be glad you told them that before they build all those cars and trucks that just won't work. This reminds me of when they started putting computers in cars to control fuel and spark. Everybody knew they couldn't produce a car that would run dependably without points and a condenser. Hell, they didn't even have a distributer that we could recognize, and how could set the float in the carburetor if you didn't have a carburetor?

Forum List

Back