Study Predicts Both Ford And GM Will Overtake Tesla By 2025

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
As has been expected for a while now, Elon's propped up reign in the EV market is nearing it's end...

2022 "Car Wars" report forecasts Ford and GM each will have roughly 15% EV market share while Tesla will plummet from 70% to 11%.

By: Dan Mihalascu
Tesla's electric vehicle market share may plummet from 70 percent today to just 11 percent by 2025 in the face of increased competition from General Motors and Ford, the latest edition of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's annual "Car Wars" study claims.

According to research author John Murphy, a senior auto analyst at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, the two Detroit giants will overtake Tesla by mid-decade, when each will have roughly 15 percent EV market share. That's an increase of about 10 percent market share from where both carmakers stand now, with new products like the F-150 Lightning and Silverado EV electric pickups expected to drive the spectacular growth.

"That dominance Tesla's had in the EV market, particularly in the U.S., is done. It's going to shift wildly in the opposite direction in the next four years."

John Murphy, senior auto analyst Bank of America Merrill Lynch

Murphy believes Tesla will lose its dominant position in the EV market because it is not expanding its portfolio quickly enough to keep up with both legacy automakers and new startups that are ramping up their EV lineups.

More: Study Predicts Both Ford And GM Will Overtake Tesla By 2025

Not surprising, Tesla cannot out produce Ford or GM so they will lose market share and Ford alone produces 4-6 million cars a year, GM produces 6.8 million vehicles a year, Telsa 400,000 a year, with government mandates in place, it would be very simple for the two bigs to outdo a small company. Realize of course, had Tesla not led the way, the auto industry would not be as far along as it is today.

Now, partisan idiots, carry on your hate of Musk, the guy that has revolutionized the car industry to become green and safer for the environment.

LOL....Considering their 100 day supply of unsold EVs they will soon be giving one away with the purchase of a ICE vehicle. :laughing0301:

Even if they were cheaper to buy resale sucks not to mention that due to their weight their tires only last half the miles of like sized ICE vehicles and their tires are expensive.

EVs require ultra-high performance summer tires while others can be equipped with grand touring all-season rubber. That means that tires can cost anywhere from $150 to over $200 each.

That’s actually on par with some higher-end luxury or sports cars, but if you have to replace them sooner, then the cost can sting a little. If you do plan to purchase an EV, it’s important to consider the cost of the tires during the time that you have the vehicle.

While there’s no magic mystery when it comes to replacing them or maintaining them compared to gas-powered cars, the frequency in which you need to replace them can get pricey.

:oops8:

As has been expected for a while now, Elon's propped up reign in the EV market is nearing it's end...

More: Study Predicts Both Ford And GM Will Overtake Tesla By 2025

Who cares? Elon always said he just wanted to transform the industry. If he got the big auto makers to do it, then he succeeded.

Thing is they are losing billions of dollars now, because Americans aren’t buying into the EV hoax.

Have you bought your EV, MarxATL?

Who cares? Elon always said he just wanted to transform the industry. If he got the big auto makers to do it, then he succeeded.

Thing is they are losing billions of dollars now, because Americans aren’t buying into the EV hoax.

Have you bought your EV, MarxATL?
I currently have a hybrid and the gas mileage on it is fantastic.

I'll have a full EV in a few years, and I'll also have a few gas guzzlers.

Did you have a point?

I currently have a hybrid and the gas mileage on it is fantastic.

I'll have a full EV in a few years, and I'll also have a few gas guzzlers.

Did you have a point?
There are many who would say a hybrid is much better than a pure EV. Also, high percentage of Americans will purchase a foreign designed vehicle when the time comes.

Well it's nothing but good old fashioned classic American muscle for me.

Derned hippies...

There are many who would say a hybrid is much better than a pure EV. Also, high percentage of Americans will purchase a foreign designed vehicle when the time comes.
I'm certainly loving driving this hybrid, so does my wallet.

Not surprising, Tesla cannot out produce Ford or GM so they will lose market share and Ford alone produces 4-6 million cars a year, GM produces 6.8 million vehicles a year, Telsa 400,000 a year, with government mandates in place, it would be very simple for the two bigs to outdo a small company. Realize of course, had Tesla not led the way, the auto industry would not be as far along as it is today.

Now, partisan idiots, carry on your hate of Musk, the guy that has revolutionized the car industry to become green and safer for the environment.
He took out one of their biggest ways to control free speech. They hate him for that.

Forum List

Back