Ford already has 20,000 reservations for new electric F-150 Lightning pickup

Looks like there is some interest in this vehicle---When the worlds most popular truck, the F-150, goes electric--it's a sign--of course, a lot of Right wing types won't buy it..since they can't blow a bunch of obnoxious smoke...LOL!

The automaker revealed the vehicle at 9:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night during an elaborate presentation at the company's world headquarters in Dearborn, Mich. The company's shares jumped by about 3% in premarket training.
The reservations are being closely watched by the company as well as investors to gauge the interest of customers in EV pickups, which is an unproven segment that automakers are rushing to enter.
Ford is taking reservations for the vehicle on its website. A refundable $100 deposit is required.

Ford has yet to publish range numbers for a fully loaded truck towing a 5 ton trailer. I have a feeling that the towing range is going to be about half of the empty truck range or possibly even less than that

If this thing can't haul then it's no good as a truck and is nothing but a daily driver.

With any towing or load in the bed the range will be substantially less. Throw in AC, additional passengers, heating or cold weather and you better not be going too much farther than the Home Depot down the street.

I saw a video the other day about charging stations.

It cost about $1K to have one installed in your garage. If you live in an apartment you will be dependent upon public stations.

There is no standardization on plugs between the different vehicle makes if you have to use a public station. The same with the charging stations. There are more than a dozen companies doing charging stations and they all are different.

Most charging stations take hours to charge. The quick charging stations are few and far between. You have to have a special plug for quick charging. If you are on a trip and have to use a public station you make have to sit in your vehicle for quite a long time to get a charge.

Some cities like Bolder Colorado have many of them. Other cities like Tampa Florida have very few.

When we changed from horses to cars, the government built asphalt roads and gave oil companies money to build gas stations in counties that didn't even have any cars. Without government subsidies, we wouldn't have transitioned to cars when we did. People whined because their tax money was being used for something they didn't think would ever work back then too.

You Moon Bat shitheads sure love you big government, don't you? Maybe the government will subsidize an industry to create machines to wipe your ass so you don't have to do it yourself. That would be fantastic, wouldn't it?

We are all taxed too much already. The last thing we need are assholes like the Solyndra executives getting even more of our tax money.

The program that gave Solyndra all that money ended up making lots of money. So Solyndra went bust. Big deal. Lots of others who were funded by the same guidelines made up the difference, and then a lot more.

libs are so proud of how many solar panels they INSTALL in the US each year

But the majority of those panels are not made here

However if we apply tariffs correctly as trump was doing they could all be made in America

The majority of photovoltaic solar panels sold in the United States aren’t actually made in the US. In the past few months, however, several Asian solar companies, most notably those in China, have begun moving operations and manufacturing solar panels in America.

Why? Because of an import tariff on solar panels implemented by the Trump administration. To incentivize US manufacturing, President Donald Trump introduced a 30% tariff on imported solar panels and the cells used to manufacture them. Because of this, some US solar energy companies have begun manufacturing at new US-based facilities.

This list of American solar manufacturers includes many of the leading solar brands you can buy in the US and includes Hanwha Q Cells, Panasonic, LG Solar, Jinko Solar, and SunPower.

Solar panels are only marginally cost effective in a narrow sunbelt of the South West. For most of the rest of the country it is not even close to being cost effective.

I firmly believe in the value of fossil fuel

Its one the greatest blessings in human history

And libs are crazy to harbor so much hate for a product that has done so much good

Someday alternative energy - mostly solar - will be our primary power source

But only when its ready

And its far from that now

I don't think solar will ever be a significant source of energy. There is simply not enough density to it to ever have it replace the energy we get from energy dense fossil fuels nowadays.

The only possible source that could replace the amount of energy we get now from fossil would be nuclear fusion. Solar and wind will never do it.

At the very least the green energy tax credit should apply only to electric cars made in America

And never to chinese cars unless they are made in America to US worker safety and environmental standards

#336: Thanks for the link. Dumbass #340: Fossil fuel is non-renewable. Dumbass #331: You’re a cynical joke arguing for cost-effectivenss when what your now sucking is not sustainable for the planet.

#306: you reify Chinese-owned lithium and fail to mention Americans keeping the lithium they have already purchased and recycling it in American facilities. You see the cup half empty rather than half full.

Dumbass #303 doesn’t have the stones to talk about pre-charged battery vending machines.

Dumbass #290: EVs (which are real machines) are already accomplishing work.

You are confused Moon Bat.

I have watch several videos in the last few days about people that have taken extended road trips with the stupid EVs.

Charging is a major problem. Not because the charging stations are not available, they are. It is because the charging stations are unreliable.

First of all there is not a standard charging adapter. Not all charging stations will accommodate all vehicles.

The charging stations are unreliable. It was not uncommon for there to be four stations at a stop and only one of them being working.

Sometimes the problem was with the vehicle and sometimes the problem was with the charging station.

Some stations charged at such a low rate as to be useless.

Quite often to get the batteries charged they had to restart the charging system several times. That wasted a lot of time.

It takes a long time to charge some battery packs.

It was not uncommon for the drivers to only charge the car to 40-50% capacity because the charging station was not working properly or simply too slow.

This Lithium Ion battery vehicle technology sucks. Only an idiot would buy one of these vehicles now.

1621949890000.png

#336: Thanks for the link. Dumbass #340: Fossil fuel is non-renewable. Dumbass #331: You’re a cynical joke arguing for cost-effectivenss when what your now sucking is not sustainable for the planet.

Oil fields all over the world still have oil. Long after they were supposedly pumped dry.

Dumbass #303 doesn’t have the stones to talk about pre-charged battery vending machines.

Suuuuuure. Dumbass you thinks your average person can simply install a 1,000 pound battery pack.

You're an idiot.

#351 is another c.u.n.t. that thinks the cup is half empty, likely due to sucking on the Petroleum Pimp for too long. The pre-charged batteries will be made modular, dipshit.

Suuuuuure. Dumbass you thinks your average person can simply install a 1,000 pound battery pack.

You're an idiot.
Now that's a good one. Now I have one for you.
Can a single person simply change the flat tire on a car that weighs much more than 1000 pounds? Of course he can, because somebody foresaw the problem of lifting a heavy car, and invented a fucking jack, you dumb ass. You don't think anybody has thought of any problems that might occur when swapping batteries?

Modular pre-charged batteries mean paying for only the mileage you need, not an entire load of hay to get the horses up the mountain. Recharge stations will be safer than petrol stations. Security cams and no chance of a spill as an Obama look-alike drives up with a fag in his mouth. Gayer than gay, more lesbionic than Lesbos, performing fellatio on the non-renewable Super Pimp, fossil fuel.

No they sold it before the person took delivery on it.

How stupid are you?
How stupid am I? Lmao! They have to sell it before the customer can take delivery of it!

:auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301:

It's been done for decades.

The first one I remember was the VW Rabbit in the early 80s.

The person orders the car and it's built to their specific order. They aren't mass produced yet. When they have been on the market for a while they will be mass produced.

It was the same way with the first hybrid we bought.

Where have you been?
You must radiate stupid 24/7. You can't grasp the simple reality the company still has to sell you the product BEFORE you can take it. You cant take it before you pay them for it. Good God you people are thick. No wonder you swallow all the leftists shtick.

That's what prepay means.

They do that on a lot of new technology and cars. They don't mass produce them until they know for sure there's a market for it. So in the beginning they are made to order. The person orders the car, pays for it and it's made. Once they know there is a market for the vehicle and have a good idea on how many they should produce every year, you will see them being mass produced and at the dealer to be sold.

The fact that you don't know this tells me a few things. First you've never bought a new car with new technology. It also tells me that you have no concept of how new technology is released at least with vehicles.

You seem to be the only person who has a problem with it. Millions of Americans have bought their cars just that way. Including me. I have bought a Chevy Volt that way and a Toyota Prius. Both when they first came out on the market. At the time I bought the Prius there are none on the lot. Just the one the dealer has for test drives. I ordered the Prius I wanted. They built it and I took possession of it when it was built.

I know if you go to a dealership and want to have add ons that most people don't want and no cars are reproduced with that add on, you have to pre buy that car, then they make it to your specifications.

You obviously have never done that. You probably haven't even bought a new vehicle in your life. So you have no concept of how cars are sold and how new technology is sold.

Yep, this is often a way to build hype around the vehicle as well. The Ford Bronco is going through the same process. It's a gas vehicle though so they don't care about this sort of auto purchase in that case.

Yes it's logical and responsible marketing of new products and technology.

Why produce a bunch of product that you don't know will be bought and you don't know how many to produce?

No responsible vehicle manufacturer is going to mass produce a new vehicle with new technology the first year or so they are on the market. They are going to and do offer the vehicle to be ordered and made to the customer's specifications for the first few years to learn what people will want and how many they will want so they can responsibly produce those vehicles.

The fact that trump person doesn't know this isn't a surprise to me.

I know when dealing with people who believe that Barak Obama is a muslim from Kenya and Michelle is a man, that I'm never going to get anything close to intelligence, honesty or anything close to reality.
For the millionth fucking time battery/electric cars is old technology

Looks like there is some interest in this vehicle---When the worlds most popular truck, the F-150, goes electric--it's a sign--of course, a lot of Right wing types won't buy it..since they can't blow a bunch of obnoxious smoke...LOL!

The automaker revealed the vehicle at 9:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night during an elaborate presentation at the company's world headquarters in Dearborn, Mich. The company's shares jumped by about 3% in premarket training.
The reservations are being closely watched by the company as well as investors to gauge the interest of customers in EV pickups, which is an unproven segment that automakers are rushing to enter.
Ford is taking reservations for the vehicle on its website. A refundable $100 deposit is required.

I can't argue against those dumbasses with Diesels stinking up the air all around them.
Hate them fucking things

and how much food do you eat that is powered from a gas, or electric vheicle.

He probably thinks that electric combines and tractors are going to farm all the food he eats.

I swear these Moon Bats are all idiots that have no ability to think.

There probably will be electric combines and tractors before too long. Our freight trains are electric.

Oh good god they are diesel/electric

No they sold it before the person took delivery on it.

How stupid are you?
How stupid am I? Lmao! They have to sell it before the customer can take delivery of it!

:auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301:

It's been done for decades.

The first one I remember was the VW Rabbit in the early 80s.

The person orders the car and it's built to their specific order. They aren't mass produced yet. When they have been on the market for a while they will be mass produced.

It was the same way with the first hybrid we bought.

Where have you been?
You must radiate stupid 24/7. You can't grasp the simple reality the company still has to sell you the product BEFORE you can take it. You cant take it before you pay them for it. Good God you people are thick. No wonder you swallow all the leftists shtick.

That's what prepay means.

They do that on a lot of new technology and cars. They don't mass produce them until they know for sure there's a market for it. So in the beginning they are made to order. The person orders the car, pays for it and it's made. Once they know there is a market for the vehicle and have a good idea on how many they should produce every year, you will see them being mass produced and at the dealer to be sold.

The fact that you don't know this tells me a few things. First you've never bought a new car with new technology. It also tells me that you have no concept of how new technology is released at least with vehicles.

You seem to be the only person who has a problem with it. Millions of Americans have bought their cars just that way. Including me. I have bought a Chevy Volt that way and a Toyota Prius. Both when they first came out on the market. At the time I bought the Prius there are none on the lot. Just the one the dealer has for test drives. I ordered the Prius I wanted. They built it and I took possession of it when it was built.

I know if you go to a dealership and want to have add ons that most people don't want and no cars are reproduced with that add on, you have to pre buy that car, then they make it to your specifications.

You obviously have never done that. You probably haven't even bought a new vehicle in your life. So you have no concept of how cars are sold and how new technology is sold.

Yep, this is often a way to build hype around the vehicle as well. The Ford Bronco is going through the same process. It's a gas vehicle though so they don't care about this sort of auto purchase in that case.

Yes it's logical and responsible marketing of new products and technology.

Why produce a bunch of product that you don't know will be bought and you don't know how many to produce?

No responsible vehicle manufacturer is going to mass produce a new vehicle with new technology the first year or so they are on the market. They are going to and do offer the vehicle to be ordered and made to the customer's specifications for the first few years to learn what people will want and how many they will want so they can responsibly produce those vehicles.

The fact that trump person doesn't know this isn't a surprise to me.

I know when dealing with people who believe that Barak Obama is a muslim from Kenya and Michelle is a man, that I'm never going to get anything close to intelligence, honesty or anything close to reality.
For the millionth fucking time battery/electric cars is old technology

Just about the time that every stupid Moon Bat in creation goes out and buys an over priced under performing Lithium Ion battery car Toyota will come out with its much better Solid State battery and all these Moon Bats will be sorry they bought the shiity Lithium batteries with no trade in value.

I can't argue against those dumbasses with Diesels stinking up the air all around them.
Hate them fucking things

He probably thinks that electric combines and tractors are going to farm all the food he eats.

There probably will be electric combines and tractors before too long. Our freight trains are electric.

Yes they are. Why do they use the diesels to run generators instead of to run the train? There has to be an advantage. Who said electric vehicles had to be powered by batteries?

Hate them fucking things

Yes they are. Why do they use the diesels to run generators instead of to run the train? There has to be an advantage. Who said electric vehicles had to be powered by batteries?

It's not rocket science who doesn't know the electric motor has more tourque and horsepower then ICE ?

I'll stick with my 1992 F-150 4x4 with the 351. I get about the same range with the two 15 gallon tanks but it wouldn't take me hours to get back out on the road after running dry.

Forum List

Back