Ford already has 20,000 reservations for new electric F-150 Lightning pickup

Can’t a horse get someone up a mountain and pull a hay wagon? What does FedEx charge to deliver a bale electrically? Once they’re equipped with solar panels? Why do you want the entire load all at once?

Wait till they find out it $70,000 for one. LOL

How stupid are you?

Those who put that deposit down on the truck already knows how much it costs.

Wow it's embarrassing to see such a stupid person.
I take it you would pay $70,000 for a truck?? I sure wouldn't it was bad enough paying $35,000.

How embarrassing you are. Dumbass.

This truck isn't for everybody, certainly not people expecting a used car price for a brand new truck. Most if not all half ton crew cab trucks w/four wheel drive start off over $40k. Something this truck already gets you before adding a single upgrade. Fuel is cheap, save thousands in oil changes and other maintenance due to fewer moving parts. More horsepower, more torque than any other F-150 ever made including the Raptor (which is also not for everyone due to it's cost and shitty towing capability) makes this also the fastest F-150 ever made. This is also the very first year for this truck, how will it improve in 5 or 10 years?

This truck doesn't meet my needs at the moment but neither does any other 1/2 ton truck due to tow and haul limitations. This particular vehicle currently isn't going to be great for towing, that's OK, most trucks in this category suck too with any substantial weight. The Lightning isn't suffering in horsepower or torque, that's for sure like other half tons. The challenge is a limitation on recharging stations and the time it takes to charge. However even that is improving as more charging stations open up and charging times are reduced. I think this one will charge 15% to 80% in about 40 minutes on the fastest chargers, much improvement from years ago.

This truck will power your house during blackouts. Does your 1984 Chevy Impala do that?

But we all know what this is about. This truck could hit every mark and you'd still trash it for the color of the paint.

The repair costs are going to be outrageous.

What else can you pull out of your ass?

Do you know what repair costs are going to be? No? Didn't think so.
They will most likely be more expensive to fix.

Oh, definitely more expensive.

Wait till they find out it $70,000 for one. LOL

How stupid are you?

Those who put that deposit down on the truck already knows how much it costs.

Wow it's embarrassing to see such a stupid person.
I take it you would pay $70,000 for a truck?? I sure wouldn't it was bad enough paying $35,000.

How embarrassing you are. Dumbass.

This truck isn't for everybody, certainly not people expecting a used car price for a brand new truck. Most if not all half ton crew cab trucks w/four wheel drive start off over $40k. Something this truck already gets you before adding a single upgrade. Fuel is cheap, save thousands in oil changes and other maintenance due to fewer moving parts. More horsepower, more torque than any other F-150 ever made including the Raptor (which is also not for everyone due to it's cost and shitty towing capability) makes this also the fastest F-150 ever made. This is also the very first year for this truck, how will it improve in 5 or 10 years?

This truck doesn't meet my needs at the moment but neither does any other 1/2 ton truck due to tow and haul limitations. This particular vehicle currently isn't going to be great for towing, that's OK, most trucks in this category suck too with any substantial weight. The Lightning isn't suffering in horsepower or torque, that's for sure like other half tons. The challenge is a limitation on recharging stations and the time it takes to charge. However even that is improving as more charging stations open up and charging times are reduced. I think this one will charge 15% to 80% in about 40 minutes on the fastest chargers, much improvement from years ago.

This truck will power your house during blackouts. Does your 1984 Chevy Impala do that?

But we all know what this is about. This truck could hit every mark and you'd still trash it for the color of the paint.

The repair costs are going to be outrageous.

What else can you pull out of your ass?

Do you know what repair costs are going to be? No? Didn't think so.
They don't know anything, they just parrot what they are told like drones.

Ocrazio-Cortez told them to buy electric cars, so they all want to buy electric cars...lol

The electric truck will become standard and accepted by everyone in the near future until a new technology comes along and we have to hear some folks whine about that change.
The government will have to stop subsidizing them at some point and when it does, electric trucks will skyrocket into the six-figure price range and no one will be able to afford them.

The electric truck will become standard and accepted by everyone in the near future until a new technology comes along and we have to hear some folks whine about that change.

You are confused Moon Bat.

I know that electric vehicles are a Moon Bat's wet dream but they will be just as big a disappointment as these stupid wind farms that never work or solar arrays which are always a waste of money.

I wonder how many of you stupid uneducated Moon Bats even know that batteries don't create energy? All they do is inefficiently store energy that was created elsewhere. Energy created by fossil fuels or nuclear for the most part.

These stupid battery packs are only good for about 500 recharging, which is about two years worth of use in a work truck.

Then you have this little thingy about the rare earths that are used to make the stupid batteries create an environmental disaster and the elements will be depleted long before we run out of fossil fuels.
You might want to tell the golfing community in the fifty states that use gold carts powered by electricity.

If electric vehicles were practicle, the government wouldn't have to force them on the consumers.

A thread in the Environment forum should be about batteries.

’In 2014, Phinergy demonstrated that an EV equipped with a combination of aluminum-air battery with a specific energy of (250-400) Wh/kg (at system level) and a lithium-ion battery, which is charged by the preceding one, can cover a range of 3,000km.’

The battery pack on that stupid truck weights almost a ton and without a load it can hardly go 200 miles on a charge so only an idiot would buy one.

Ford has no worries. All these stupid Democrats in charge of the big city shitholes, Communist states and the Federal government will buy fleets of them with taxpayer's money. It will be a terrible purchase but doing stupid purchases have never stopped Democrats has it?

Please post links to where it says it can hardly go 200 miles on a charge.
Ford claims 250 miles on one charge. Of course that is empty, one passenger, not pulling anything and in warm weather on level roads. Once you start loading the truck up (like people tend to do with trucks) or start pulling things or taking it out in cold weather then that range is going to drop considerably.

No, nowhere does it say that. First it was 200, now it's 250. Which is it? lol. Ford has claimed neither. The range is 300 miles and yes, that's probably at under 70 miles per hour and with one passenger, and yes, in cold weather you will see a drop in ev range, but why pretend the same doesn't happen to ICE cars?

First of all if that was the range for the Faggotmobile they would have said it was carrying a 1600 lb load.

250 is Ford's marketing. Most EV get less than the advertised numbers that when you add in AC or heat or additional passengers or a cold battery or a load in the back of a Faggotmobile. I suspect that it will be sub 200 for most trips.

These batteries really ain't worth shit. they may be a Moon Bat's wet dream but the technology will never work for most Americans.

If that's part of their marketing then show it, I'd like to see it.

Ford already has 20,000 reservations for new electric F-150 Lightning pickup​

That means there will be about 4,000 dissatisfied people selling them to go back to gasoline. I'd bet most of these people buying them are not serious commercial businessmen whose business DEPENDS on their truck! Most of these people are more concerned about whether the truck has a USB charging port than they are about the spring clearance off road in rough terrain.

Now where are all the EV electric semis, tractor trailers, dump trucks, construction vehicles, airplanes and wheel loaders? :21:
Our neighbor bought a new Prius two years ago. A couple of months ago he passed away. His family contacted the local Prius dealer b/c they wanted to sell the car. The dealers said they would only pay the family 5K for the car b/c a used Prius is almost impossible to sell b/c they refuse to warranty the battery b/c no one can accurately tell how long the existing battery will last b/c the previous driver may have driven the car "too hard" causing the battery to wear out sooner.
It's virtually impossible to sell a used electric car privately for the same reason.

Have you seen what used Teslas are going for? They're $$$ :laugh:

The future of electric cars in a free market depends on battery technology

All the big car companies are allied with electronic companies like panasonic and samsung to develop the next battery after lithium

And its unclear what that battery will be or when it will reach the market

Till then government will have to bribe otherwise rational people into buying electric with a $7500 tax subsidy

The battery pack on that stupid truck weights almost a ton and without a load it can hardly go 200 miles on a charge so only an idiot would buy one.

Ford has no worries. All these stupid Democrats in charge of the big city shitholes, Communist states and the Federal government will buy fleets of them with taxpayer's money. It will be a terrible purchase but doing stupid purchases have never stopped Democrats has it?

Ford claims 250 miles on one charge. Of course that is empty, one passenger, not pulling anything and in warm weather on level roads. Once you start loading the truck up (like people tend to do with trucks) or start pulling things or taking it out in cold weather then that range is going to drop considerably.

No, nowhere does it say that. First it was 200, now it's 250. Which is it? lol. Ford has claimed neither. The range is 300 miles and yes, that's probably at under 70 miles per hour and with one passenger, and yes, in cold weather you will see a drop in ev range, but why pretend the same doesn't happen to ICE cars?

First of all if that was the range for the Faggotmobile they would have said it was carrying a 1600 lb load.

250 is Ford's marketing. Most EV get less than the advertised numbers that when you add in AC or heat or additional passengers or a cold battery or a load in the back of a Faggotmobile. I suspect that it will be sub 200 for most trips.

These batteries really ain't worth shit. they may be a Moon Bat's wet dream but the technology will never work for most Americans.

That is what Ford is advertising. 250 miles for a standard battery pack and 300 milies for a more expensive one. Nowhere do they say the conditions for the miliage so like all sales marketing it is for the perfect conditions.

These Lithium batteries are terrible technology for vehicles. They will be a bust and if these Faggotmobiles are sold in great numbers there will be a lot of people disappointed because they got them.

There is a new battery technology in development called "Solid State" and if they can iron out the engineering problems that will be much better. Like 1,000 mile range on a quicker charge and significantly lighter weight.

#271: We agree. Yes solid-state. Reasons that lithium ion will go another decade is because of what’s already established, though so is aluminum. To standardize the solid-state for use in vending machines will lastingly crucify the Petroleum Pimp.

Some dumb cocksuckers on this thread are still envisioning waiting lines at recharge stations after we introduced the idea of vending machines. That is why we have called them cocksuckers. At this time, even electric bikers are monitoring the dynamics of their lithium ion battery from a computer screen. We are neither stupid nor helpless.
"Hi honey. Sorry but I don't have enough battery power left to go to Walmart to pick up your mom's prescription. My battery shows I only have enough battery power left to stop at our 'weed' dealer and the liquor store and to come home. I promise not to forget to plug the electric bike in when I get home. The ap on my tablet was supposed to remind me but the fucking sun didn't shine enough today for the solar panels to charge the batteries."

That is what Ford is advertising. 250 miles for a standard battery pack and 300 milies for a more expensive one. Nowhere do they say the conditions for the miliage so like all sales marketing it is for the perfect conditions.

These Lithium batteries are terrible technology for vehicles. They will be a bust and if these Faggotmobiles are sold in great numbers there will be a lot of people disappointed because they got them.

There is a new battery technology in development called "Solid State" and if they can iron out the engineering problems that will be much better. Like 1,000 mile range on a quicker charge and significantly lighter weight.

Ok, i understand now, you were talking about their smaller battery pack. I had assumed you were assigning a random number to their 300 mile long range battery pack.

Lithium ion is not terrible, but it does have it's limitations. Terrible suggests something near unusable. As for solid state batteries I first heard about them 1-2 years ago, and I agree they can be a revolution. I'm hoping something even better comes along, but this looks like it might take the world by storm in just 2 or 3 years, which would cement the idea of battery technology for wide usage in a vehicle.

To standardize the solid-state for use in vending machines will lastingly crucify the Petroleum Pimp.
The language some people use to promote electric cars tells me the issue is emotional and personal with them

Petroleum Pimp for instance

Ok, i understand now, you were talking about their smaller battery pack. I had assumed you were assigning a random number to their 300 mile long range battery pack.

Lithium ion is not terrible, but it does have it's limitations. Terrible suggests something near unusable. As for solid state batteries I first heard about them 1-2 years ago, and I agree they can be a revolution. I'm hoping something even better comes along, but this looks like it might take the world by storm in just 2 or 3 years, which would cement the idea of battery technology for wide usage in a vehicle.

Buying an electric car with Lithium Ion batteries is like the first people that bought steam powered cars.

Yea, they worked but were terrible technology.

I'll buy an electric vehicle when they give the same reliability, resale value and range as a gas powered one. Lithium batteries don't come close. I'm no spring chicken so the chances of seeing one before going to that great rifle range in the sky are not looking good.

Why are you guys so challenged by an electric vehicle that in many ways is more capable than a gas car even if that electric car may come with some of it;s own shortcomings? Why are you guys pulling your beads out over this?

No one is "challenged" by it.

What do you think the electric F-150 will be able to do better or more efficiently than the gasoline version?

Cost less to operate and maintain.

Okay, but the trade-off is decreased range. Less to maintain? That remains to be seen. Let's see what happens to those batteries when they're subjected to the things a V-8 gets subjected to...

Go 0-60 faster than any other stock F-150.

Um, okay. Why is that better? How fast will it get you from 0 to 60?

Power an entire house.

I can't think of even a single time where that would be more efficient than using a whole house generator...

When electric cars make sense Americans will buy them without having to twist their arm

And that's really all there is to it. I went to the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance today (I'll post photos later or tomorrow) and there were two trucks there which were built from the ground up as electric vehicles. The price tag for a base model was right around $110,000.

That's not gonna' make too much sense for too many people...

Forum List

Back