Zone1 For the Love of God...

Meriweather

Not all who wander are lost
Oct 21, 2014
Our religious faith/denomination--or even lack thereof--is sacred to each of us and is the holy ground in each of our lives. It is our love for God.

Some turn away from religion/faith because they cannot reconcile their own understanding of the Bible with the holiness of God. They prefer no belief to a belief that God destroys.

Those of us who choose to practice a religion do so because it draws us to the holiness of God and into His love.

The thesis for this thread: We can, through our love of God, talk about our own beliefs/religion without trampling on the religion/faith/beliefs with respect and with care for the beliefs of others.

I am Catholic, and I credit the Catholic Church (and Little Golden Books) for dropping me at the feet of the Almighty God. I can also respect that others may have had the same experience as a Jew, Muslim, or any one of the other thousands of Christian denomination.

The last way I introduce Jesus to Jew or Muslim would be my belief of his Oneness with God when Jesus best introduces himself through his teachings of how to relate to the Father and to one another--via the Beatitudes for example, or through his life as a Jew.

Jews can introduce Isaiah and other prophets without tearing into Christians on their interpretation and fusion with what these prophets said to those of the Jewish faith.

I love God and believe God loves each of us. What is your story? What do you like best about your denomination and what do you value sharing?

I don't feel the need to convince anyone of anything.

But as a Christian you share your faith like you would throwing someone a life vest.

It's no skin off my teeth if they don't grab it, but you should throw it anyway knowing they may not grab it.

Quakers seek to experience God directly, within ourselves and in our relationships with others and the world around us. Quakerism is a way of life, rather than a set of beliefs. It has roots in Christianity and many Quakers find the life and teachings of Jesus inspirational, but we have no creed. Quakers today do not look any different from other people, although we try to avoid extravagance and excess. Our vision is of a world of justice, peace and equality. Our inner experience leads us to be committed to equality, peace, simplicity and truth; all of which we try to live out in our lives.

what do Quakers believe?.

To note, the link is not factual concerning all Friends churches but the paragraph works for me.

I don't feel the need to convince anyone of anything.
Spot on. This thread is for sharing experiences, not convincing others.
But as a Christian you share your faith like you would throwing someone a life vest.
I do not (if 'you' is me specifcally). If it is a general 'you', you do have a point, but again, not the purpose of this thread. This thread is to what our faith/religion has done for us personally.

Quakers seek to experience God directly, within ourselves and in our relationships with others and the world around us. Quakerism is a way of life, rather than a set of beliefs. It has roots in Christianity and many Quakers find the life and teachings of Jesus inspirational, but we have no creed. Quakers today do not look any different from other people, although we try to avoid extravagance and excess. Our vision is of a world of justice, peace and equality. Our inner experience leads us to be committed to equality, peace, simplicity and truth; all of which we try to live out in our lives.
Truly beautiful. I believe much of what Jesus taught is encapsulated in your paragraph.

The last way I introduce Jesus to Jew or Muslim would be my belief of his Oneness with God when Jesus best introduces himself through his teachings of how to relate to the Father and to one another--via the Beatitudes for example, or through his life as a Jew.

Jews can introduce Isaiah and other prophets without tearing into Christians on their interpretation and fusion with what these prophets said to those of the Jewish faith.
You've been novus ordo-ized.

There is only one true religion and if you don't TELL people that and lead them to God through Christ ("no one comes to the Father except through Me") you are leading them (allowing them to be led) to Hell.

I'm sure you don't want that on your conscience... forever?

It's no skin off my teeth if they don't grab it, but you should throw it anyway knowing they may not grab it.
I agree. You have to tell people about Jesus. It's discouraging when people don't listen but that's on them.. the Bible confirms that, in both Old and New T

You've been novus ordo-ized.

There is only one true religion and if you don't TELL people that and lead them to God through Christ ("no one comes to the Father except through Me") you are leading them (allowing them to be led) to Hell.
I note your insult and dismiss it. The Catholic Church taught me to both follow Christ and highlight Jesus and his teachings to others. For some reason, you seem to believe it not only more important to put the Church as the priority, you also seem it your duty to tell that Church that it is wrong.

If you believe Jesus is the Word (as the Church teaches) then those who follow the Word of God are going through Jesus (the Word) in seeking/reaching the Father. To discourage God's redeemed/reconciled people because they do not attend the Church you say they should, and the Church doesn't behave as you say it should, is raising yourself above both Christ and the Church. We can teach Jesus' words without annoying, disheartening, or threatening anyone.

What I don't want on my conscience is practically everything you are doing on this forum. You claim the Church has done much for you, yet you have no loyalty towards it.
well, I don't deal with liars so I guess I'm outa here

But one more thing b4 I go... If you believe what all Francis is teaching and also that the "church" he is in is the true Catholic Church, then you have absolutely NO choice but to obey him in all that he says. And don't give me that ex cathedra stuff...

If you can't obey him because he speaks against the nineteen hundred and sixty some years of Church history/tradition that preceded him (which he objectively does).... then you are on the same page as the Traditionalists, so yeh.. which one is it?

Last edited:
But one more thing b4 I go... If you believe what all Francis is teaching and also that the "church" he is in is the true Catholic Church, then you have absolutely NO choice but to obey him in all that he says. And don't give me that ex cathedra stuff...
Don't be silly. Read a little Church history. Some of our greatest Saints either disagreed with each other or with the Pope. Not sure where you came up with the idea the Church confiscated free will, for nothing is further from the truth. The Church notes there are plenty of issues on which the faithful can/may/will disagree with each other. It has never been a problem, and no need for you to create a problem that has never existed.

Don't be silly. Read a little Church history. Some of our greatest Saints either disagreed with each other or with the Pope. Not sure where you came up with the idea the Church confiscated free will, for nothing is further from the truth. The Church notes there are plenty of issues on which the faithful can/may/will disagree with each other. It has never been a problem, and no need for you to create a problem that has never existed.
show me in history where one saint said that fornication is Ok but all other (most other?) saints disagreed?

show me where a saint said that those in mortal sin can receive Holy Communion (other saints disagreed)

Francis is guilty of this heresy and you don't seem to care... it's like you have to believe he's a valid pope more than you have to believe in Christ's clear words.

Francis is guilty of this heresy and you don't seem to care... it's like you have to believe he's a valid pope more than you have to believe in Christ's clear words.
Do you know how much of my day is spent focused on Pope Francis? The same as for any other Pope. Zilch. The Pope's duty is to run the Church by being a servant to the servants of Christ. My focus--and the focus of most other Catholics--is on Christ and on their local parish.

Do you know how much of my day is spent focused on Pope Francis? The same as for any other Pope. Zilch. The Pope's duty is to run the Church by being a servant to the servants of Christ. My focus--and the focus of most other Catholics--is on Christ and on their local parish.
Maybe you should show more interest in the Church you profess to love.. ? I know you have important things to do.. work, etc, but in your spare time, I can't see anything more fascinating and educating.. than history of the Catholic Church. Of course the history in the last 60 years is not in that category since the Vatican was taken over.. We haven't had a valid pope since Pius XII......

Forum List

Back