The Differences Between a ruling of Liability in Civil Law and a ruling of Guilty in Criminal Law

Irrelevant to the OP?

There is an automobile accident on a city street that involves a driver of an automobile and a bicyclist. There is an argument over who had the right of way. The bicyclist takes the driver to court. In the end, the court holds the driver of the automobile liable for injuring the bicyclist. The driver is ordered to pay damages.

Is the driver guilty of hitting the bicyclist?
Reiterating your silly and incomplete factual scenario does nothing to further your point-less.

Is it possible that our little troll, the dainty, is learning something?

Yep. One standard of proof is “beyond a reasonable doubt.” That’s for criminal cases, the dainty.

The preponderance of the evidence is the civil standard and is much lower.

Have you considered getting a remedial education? You should.
I did not ask anyone to be judge or jury in a court of law.

You see shooting somebody and killing them. Is the man guilty of shooting and killing that person?

Can a person be considered guilty of something outside of a court of law? Of course they can. MAGA believes Hillary, Obama, Biden guilty of crimes.

"Whether Hunter is guilty of his fucking tax crimes (as alleged) is not yet established via a trial. So, in the eyes of the law, he is presumed innocent. But he might very well (in reality) be as guilty as fuck."
Hunter is in the same situation Trump is. Not convicted and presumed innocent.

This is a true story since it happened to me. The full story is I stopped at the Red light. The light turned Green and as soon as I moved, the Bicycle ran the red light and I ended up hitting him. I was concerned he was hurt but he turned me down taking him to see a doctor at a nearby hospital. Later he shows up at my office with legal papers. The street crossing was not at a 90 degrees. And the sidewalk he was on had a high fence. I had no clue he would run a red light. My insurance paid him after the judge said I was guilty. I definitely was in the right to follow the green light and he was hidden from sight.
If I understand you correctly, he was also riding on a sidewalk. He was not a pedestrian and he was subject to the same vehicular regulations that you were.

This is a true story since it happened to me. The full story is I stopped at the Red light. The light turned Green and as soon as I moved, the Bicycle ran the red light and I ended up hitting him. I was concerned he was hurt but he turned me down taking him to see a doctor at a nearby hospital. Later he shows up at my office with legal papers. The street crossing was not at a 90 degrees. And the sidewalk he was on had a high fence. I had no clue he would run a red light. My insurance paid him after the judge said I was guilty. I definitely was in the right to follow the green light and he was hidden from sight.

The bicyclist is guilty of running a red light. You were liable for hitting them. I was riding when a pickup pulled out of angle parking. Hurt me. I collected. LE wrote driver of truck was 100% at fault. I did nothing wrong.

If I understand you correctly, he was also riding on a sidewalk. He was not a pedestrian and he was subject to the same vehicular regulations that you were.
YES, that is factual. I did not understand why the Judge ruled against me. My insurance firm was present and said don't worry, we are paying it. It cost me just time to go to court. The guy got $5,000 and it was totally his fault.

The bicyclist is guilty of running a red light. You were liable for hitting them. I was riding when a pickup pulled out of angle parking. Hurt me. I collected. LE wrote driver of truck was 100% at fault. I did nothing wrong.
Think of a box. And he was hidden from me by fences. I had no way to see him. But I had the green light. The Judge found me responsible but my insurance company was there and they paid the guy off who scammed me and the court.

Only in a court of law. But we are not in a court of law. People's opinions are protected. People who act like they are the judge or jury in a courtroom need to reassess their opinions.
It shows how in Court one is supposed to trust the court. But my example of being guilty of hitting the guy who broke the law is a case of the court being wrong.

A better way to see this is had he not broke the law by going into a red light, he would never have got hit.

Think of a box. And he was hidden from me by fences. I had no way to see him. But I had the green light. The Judge found me responsible but my insurance company was there and they paid the guy off who scammed me and the court.
Neither you nor the court was scammed. That's merely your opinion.

You were at a full stop at a red light?

I did not ask anyone to be judge or jury in a court of law.
Cool. Not a topic. But cool.
You see shooting somebody and killing them. Is the man guilty of shooting and killing that person?
From that question it would sure seem so.
Why? Does it matter?
Can a person be considered guilty of something outside of a court of law?
You have identified the nature of that term. It isn’t the same in all contexts. I’m proud of you.
Of course they can.

🙄
MAGA believes Hillary, Obama, Biden guilty of crimes.
I can’t speak for all of MAGA. But it is obvious that many thinking people recognize that Hillary committed criminal actions. Biden appears to have. And I’m not sure what crime you ascribe to Obumbler.

Last edited:
It shows how in Court one is supposed to trust the court. But my example of being guilty of hitting the guy who broke the law is a case of the court being wrong.

A better way to see this is had he not broke the law by going into a red light, he would never have got hit.
What state did this happen in?

YES, that is factual. I did not understand why the Judge ruled against me. My insurance firm was present and said don't worry, we are paying it. It cost me just time to go to court. The guy got $5,000 and it was totally his fault.
Did the insurance company try to defend the suit?

It doesn't sound like it. For them it's cheaper to just pay the $5,000 and settle, but it leaves you with a judgement on the record...

Did the insurance company try to defend the suit?

It doesn't sound like it. For them it's cheaper to just pay the $5,000 and settle, but it leaves you with a judgement on the record...
Uhm, he says they were all in court. His insurance company was present in court. Usually they just pay up. So there is more to this story. I know it's difficult for people with your low intelligence to fathom.

Uhm, he says they were all in court. His insurance company was present in court. Usually they just pay up. So there is more to this story. I know it's difficult for people with your low intelligence to fathom.
I didn't ask if they showed up, I asked if they were defending the suit, jackass.

It happened in San Lorenzo, CA.
I see. You were in court. The insurance company did not initially agree to pay the bicyclist, as is often the case. Did you insist on going to court?

"Vehicle accidents at intersections are frequent, with approximately 165,000 intersection accidents happening annually in the United States. Common causes of these accidents include running red lights, disobeying traffic signals, misjudging signals, and failing to yield the right of way. To become a safer driver and prevent accidents, it's essential to familiarize yourself with the fundamental laws and rules of the road. These regulations are outlined in the California Drivers Handbook and specific sections of the California Vehicle Code. Understanding California's intersection traffic laws is vital for safety and legal compliance." - most people do not

Traffic Control​

When at or approaching traffic signals or signs, yield to pedestrians, bicyclists, and other nearby vehicles that may have the right-of-way. See Right of Way Rules: Who Goes First, in this section.

I didn't ask if they showed up, I asked if they were defending the suit, jackass.
He said his insurance company had agree to pay the bicyclist. That usually happens outside of any court case. If they were in court, they were there to defend their driver, otherwise they just pay.

Do try and keep up.

Forum List

Back