Disney scraps plans for new Florida campus, mass employee relocation amid DeSantis feud

If I ran a company I would avoid politics unless it directly affected my business. For example say I made firearms.
Most get involved in politics whether by money donations or more direct involvement. Look at the Koch Brothers.

If Disney hadnt come out against the dont say gay law, DiSantis wouldnt have an issue with them. He targeted them as punishment for disagrreeing with him.
twubm46vlg1b1.png

Many of the big companies like Google, Amazon and Tesla build their own roads, have on-site water treatment, have a private facility fire brigade to see to their needs and increasingly try to generate their own electricity.

Cogen power plants and fire brigades are standard for refineries and chemical plants.

That would mean good, high paying jobs. It means they were not talking about a bunch of service jobs. Why is it so hard to just admit that you are willing to take a hit on economic policies for your social ones?

It is like the right is allergic to just admitting the obvious.

Lefties aren't afraid to take an economic bloodbath for their pedo / trans policies, that's for sure. Just ask AB / Bud Lite.

I have no problem sacrificing money for morals, ethics, faith, protecting children, and the other conservative values Democrats hate and target.

Disney can't afford this new venture. The folding of the Star Wars hotel was a huge bite. Disney was expecting $5,000 a night. Instead the entire thing failed. Disney hasn't had a money making movie in years. The resorts, parks and cruise ships are exhibiting a lack of maintenance as costs get cut.

Most get involved in politics whether by money donations or more direct involvement. Look at the Koch Brothers.
I was only referring to myself.

If I ran a company I would avoid politics like the plague unless it involved an issue that directly affected my company. For example if I ran a company that made firearms or firearm accessories, I would support the Second Amendment. I would not express my views on abortion.

If you bother to look it up the Chairman I believe his name is D'Araco or something like that said "Florida is no longer a good business climate" thus the scrapping of the project.
Plus saving Disney a pile on money in a tough financial time for the company. It is hard to say if saving the company money or making DeSantis look bad was the main object but it’s my bet is on the money.

I was just tasking to a woman yesterday who lives in Florida. She told me she would never visit the Mouse again. Apparently this is not all that unusual In the Free State of Florida.

***snio***

More than 68 percent of general-election voters say they are less likely to do business with Disney after reports that it plans to include sexual ideology in new content for children, according to the Trafalgar Group’s new National Issues Survey on Disney,which was sponsored by the Convention of States Action. The poll found that more than 69 percent of respondents said they were likely to support “family-friendly alternatives” to Disney.

The survey comes after an executive producer admitted to advancing a “not-at-all-secret gay agenda” to insert queerness into children’s animation during a Disney staff meeting on Florida’s Parental Rights in Education legislation last month.

“Our leadership over there has been so welcoming to my, like, not-at-all-secret gay agenda,” said Latoya Raveneau, an executive producer for Disney Television in a video obtained by journalist Christopher Rufo. “I was just, wherever I could, just basically adding queerness. . . . No one would stop me and no one was trying to stop me.”

The poll found 85.3 percent of Republicans said they are less likely to continue using Disney products, while 72.5 of independents and 48.2 percent of Democrats said the same.

Almost 78 percent of Republicans, 72 percent of independents and 59 percent of Democrats said they would support a family-friendly alternative to Disney.

Indeed who would want 2,000 high end jobs coming to their state.

On the other hand, who would want a third of their stock price back?

Florida = Loses 2,000 jobs out of many millions of jobs
Disney = loses a third of its stock price

Yeah, Disney is sticking it to Florida, LOL. Dumb ass

Was that the last one to show a profit? It looks like the latest Indiana Jones is the latest bomb.

are you really this bad at math?

If something cost 275,000,000 and it made $1,072,767,997 that means the profit was $797,767,997

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 has already made more than 2.7 times what it cost to make and it is just getting started.

On the other hand, who would want a third of their stock price back?

Florida = Loses 2,000 jobs out of many millions of jobs
Disney = loses a third of its stock price

Yeah, Disney is sticking it to Florida, LOL. Dumb ass

Disney stock is out preforming the DJI YTD.

Disney can't afford this new venture. The folding of the Star Wars hotel was a huge bite. Disney was expecting $5,000 a night. Instead the entire thing failed. Disney hasn't had a money making movie in years. The resorts, parks and cruise ships are exhibiting a lack of maintenance as costs get cut.
What are you talking about every movie they've made in the last several years as a major hit. They still make hundreds of millions of dollars on the frozen franchise are alone because of merchandising

Forum List

Back