Disney scraps plans for new Florida campus, mass employee relocation amid DeSantis feud

Zincwarrior

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2021
And now its Disney's turn. 2,000 jobs by by.

Disney scraps plans for new Florida campus, mass employee relocation amid DeSantis feud​

PUBLISHED THU, MAY 18 2023 2:15 PM EDTUPDATED 7 MIN AGO

Sarah Whitten
@SARAHWHIT10
WATCH LIVE

KEY POINTS
  • Disney will no longer be moving forward with the construction of its Lake Nona, Florida, employee campus.
  • The company will also no longer be requiring California-based employees to relocate.
  • The announcement comes amid a bitter feud between the company and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis centered in part around the company's special district and development plans.
In this article
Cinderella Castle in Walt Disney World.

Cinderella Castle in Walt Disney World.
Roberto Machado Noa | Lightrocket | Getty Images
Disney has abandoned plans to open up a new employee campus in Lake Nona, Florida, amid rising tensions with the state's governor.
Citing "changing business conditions" and the return of CEO Bob Iger, Josh D'Amaro, chairman of Disney's parks, experiences and products division, penned a memo to employees Thursday, announcing that the company will not move forward with construction of the campus and will no longer be asking more than 2,000 California-based employees to relocate to Florida.

Fruits and nuts... Florida doesn't want you

From what I'm reading on TikTok (who knows if it's true), the fruits that are usually being harvested about right now are staying on the trees and the vines because immigrants are no longer going there to pick them.

As for the loss of jobs, tax money, and income, I'm sure the GOP is suddenly all in favor of government going after businesses.

From what I'm reading on TikTok (who knows if it's true), the fruits that are usually being harvested about right now are staying on the trees and the vines because immigrants are no longer going there to pick them.

As for the loss of jobs, tax money, and income, I'm sure the GOP is suddenly all in favor of government going after businesses.

Tic Tok? No wonder you're stupid

Having to pay their "fair share" seems to have them upset. Odd.
That is just totally ignorant. Matter of fact, the people of Florida are now on the hook for ONE BILLION dollars in bond debt that Disney was going to pay. Furthermore, local services in Orange and Osceola counties that were being financed by Disney in the special district will now be the responsibility of the taxpayers.

DiSantis's petty fights, his grudges, and his theatrics--think flying illegals to Massachusetts, are costing Florida taxpayers millions and millions of dollars. I am quite sure many of them would happily vote for Desantis for president, TO GET HIM THE HELL OUT OF THE STATE.

Indeed who would want 2,000 high end jobs coming to their state.
If those are the strings attached... Thanks but no thanks.

Florida isn't hemorrhaging citizens and jobs... that's New York and California.

Screenshot_20230518-135545-855.png

People are voting with their feet.

That is just totally ignorant. Matter of fact, the people of Florida are now on the hook for ONE BILLION dollars in bond debt that Disney was going to pay. Furthermore, local services in Orange and Osceola counties that were being financed by Disney in the special district will now be the responsibility of the taxpayers.

DiSantis's petty fights, his grudges, and his theatrics--think flying illegals to Massachusetts, are costing Florida taxpayers millions and millions of dollars. I am quite sure many of them would happily vote for Desantis for president, TO GET HIM THE HELL OUT OF THE STATE.
No they aren’t.

Forum List

Back