Ron DeSantis reportedly preparing for 2024 presidential run. A 'more angry' Donald Trump takes shot at 'disloyal' Florida governor.

RhodyPatriot

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2022
Is this how the Left maintains their stranglehold on the country? Even cheating may not be sufficient to suppress the populist wave in 2024.

But a Trump/Desantis civil war?

Just what the Commies ordered.

The Washington Post reported on Saturday, "Advisers to Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis are actively preparing for a possible presidential run, according to two Republicans with knowledge of the conversations who described meetings and preliminary staffing moves — the latest indication that DeSantis is laying a foundation for a national campaign."

"When I hear that he might [run] I think it’s very disloyal,” Trump said of DeSantis.

Trump accused DeSantis and his administration of “trying to rewrite history” regarding their COVID-19 pandemic response.

"There are Republican governors that did not close their states,” Trump told reporters while aboard his plane, according to CNN. "Florida was closed for a long period of time."
"They're trying to rewrite history," Trump declared.

The only silver lining I can find here is that the report is from the Washington Post - which at this point has about as much credibility as the National Enquirer.

That said, if Desantis runs, things may be looking bleak.

A Trump/Desantis dream ticket is perhaps the only antidote to a triumphant Democrat Party utterly beholden to the Chinese and corrupted to its very core.

Which (as if it has to be said) places America's future in distinct jeopardy.

327446029_1107279106605800_8305467037848670989_n.jpg

Is this how the Left maintains their stranglehold on the country? Even cheating may not be sufficient to suppress the populist wave in 2024.

The Washington Post reported on Saturday, "Advisers to Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis are actively preparing for a possible presidential run, according to two Republicans with knowledge of the conversations who described meetings and preliminary staffing moves — the latest indication that DeSantis is laying a foundation for a national campaign."

"When I hear that he might [run] I think it’s very disloyal,” Trump said of DeSantis.

Trump accused DeSantis and his administration of “trying to rewrite history” regarding their COVID-19 pandemic response.

"There are Republican governors that did not close their states,” Trump told reporters while aboard his plane, according to CNN. "Florida was closed for a long period of time."

The only silver lining I can find here is that the report is from the Washington Post - which at this point has about as much credibility as the National Enquirer.

A Trump/Desantis dream ticket is perhaps the only antidote to a triumphant Democrat Party utterly beholden to the Chinese and corrupted to its very core.

Democrats?
China?

March 3 2018
U.S. President Donald Trump praised Chinese President Xi Jinping Saturday after the ruling Communist party announced it was eliminating the two-term limit for the presidency, paving the way for Xi to serve indefinitely.

“He’s now president for life, president for life. And he’s great,” Trump said, according to audio of excerpts of Trump’s remarks at a closed-door fundraiser in Florida.
“And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll have to give that a shot someday,” Trump said to cheers and applause from supporters.

Just to note, as I recall, there was only one state that did not shut down. Trump didn't counter any of those states at the time.

Just to note, as I recall, there was only one state that did not shut down. Trump didn't counter any of those states at the time.
Was it South or North Dakota??? I vaguely remember it being a Dakota state???

DeSantis could very easily pin lockdowns and Trump, as well as vaccines. He wouldn't be wrong....though Trump put himself in the care of terrible advisors in Fauci and Birx. He doesn't choose the best people.

Then the Republican Party needs to rediscover its ball$ and set Donald Trump off to the side in order to clear the way for a DeSantis run.

DeSantis is capable of advancing much of the so-called Trump Agenda with energy, vision and courage, and without the baggage and teenage angst of DJT.

January 6, 2021 has irreparably damaged Donald Trump.

He will never again be President.

The Republicans need to admit that Reality to themselves and remove the Albatross around their necks and begin moving into the future.

Trump cannot and will not be part of that future.

He is now "damaged goods" and cannot be salvaged amongst Independents and Reagan Democrats (whom the Pubs need nowadays to win).

Hell... he cannot now be salvaged amongst a great-many Republicans, never mind the others.

If Republicans are stupid enough to run Trump again in 2024 then they will get clobbered at the polls and confirm for the rest of us that they are fools.

A blind man could see a Trump 2024 election defeat coming from a mile away.

Hopefully, the Republicans can, too... at least the sane ones who aren't wearing red caps and barking at the moon.

Last edited:
Then the Republican Party needs to rediscover its ball$ and set Donald Trump off to the side in order to clear the way for a DeSantis run.

DeSantis is capable of advancing much of the so-called Trump Agenda with energy, vision and courage, and without the baggage and teenage angst of DJT.

January 6, 2021 has irreparably damaged Donald Trump.

He will never again be President.

The Republicans need to admit that Reality to themselves and remove the Albatross around their necks and begin moving into the future.

Trump cannot and will not be part of that future.

He is now "damaged goods" and cannot be salvaged amongst Independents and Reagan Democrats (whom the Pubs need nowadays to win).

Hell... he cannot now be salvaged amongst a great-many Republicans, never mind the others.

If Republicans are stupid enough to run Trump again in 2024 then they will get clobbered at the polls and confirm for the rest of us that they are fools.

A blind man could see a Trump 2024 election defeat coming from a mile away.

Hopefully, the Republicans can, too... at least the sane ones who aren't wearing red caps and barking at the moon.

Poll after poll shows most Americans aren't obsessed over Jan. 6th the way the media and the Left are.

And I'm not taking a side here, but it's not as if the Leftist Establishment won't try to do the very same thing to DeSantis that they did to Trump. (Painting him as an unacceptable villain that no one in polite society should ever support, all while they engage in a full frontal assault on America.) In fact, anyone paying attention knows they've already started.

Besides, the sad reality is that if DeSantis runs, Trump may decide to go Third party if he loses a Primary. That's a big "if" at this stage, but a foreboding prospect nonetheless.

Bottom line: I am not writing off either of them at this stage - and you can bet your ass I'm sure as shit not going to take advice from anyone who went after Trump relentlessly for the last several years without justifiable cause, manufacturing outrage after outrage in the headlines. Most of it all fake.

The voters will decide, the prognosticators had it all wrong in 2016 - and that could happen again.

DeSantis could very easily pin lockdowns and Trump, as well as vaccines. He wouldn't be wrong....though Trump put himself in the care of terrible advisors in Fauci and Birx. He doesn't choose the best people.

This is true.

And I have to admit, it would be good for both the Republican Party and the nation as a whole to have a transparent debate about just how detrimental the lockdowns/jab mandates were not only for our health, but our conception as a free society.

It would force the Republicans as a whole to take a coherent position, and spotlight just how authoritarian the New extremist Left has become.

After all, most Americans are against this BS - despite our treacherous gaslighting media.

Democrats?
China?

March 3 2018
U.S. President Donald Trump praised Chinese President Xi Jinping Saturday after the ruling Communist party announced it was eliminating the two-term limit for the presidency, paving the way for Xi to serve indefinitely.

“He’s now president for life, president for life. And he’s great,” Trump said, according to audio of excerpts of Trump’s remarks at a closed-door fundraiser in Florida.
“And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll have to give that a shot someday,” Trump said to cheers and applause from supporters.

Yeah, then in February 2020 he immediately moved to cut off all travel from China, and the Left called him "RACIST!" (tm)

Get the fuck outta here.

Poll after poll shows most Americans aren't obsessed over Jan. 6th the way the media and the Left are.
Given Trump's overcoming of polls in 2016, you Pubs of all people should remember that polls don't always jive with Reality, eh?

The only poll that truly matters is the one held in November every four years, and you'll learn that I'm right, sadly, the morning after, if you run Trump again.

And I'm not taking a side here, but it's not as if the Leftist Establishment won't try to do the very same thing to DeSantis that they did to Trump. (Painting him as an unacceptable villain that no one in polite society should ever support, all while they engage in a full frontal assault on America.) In fact, anyone paying attention knows they've already started.

Besides, the sad reality is that if DeSantis runs, Trump may decide to go Third party if he loses a Primary. That's a big "if" at this stage, but a foreboding prospect nonetheless.

Bottom line: I am not writing off either of them at this stage - and you can bet your ass I'm sure as shit not going to take advice from anyone who went after Trump relentlessly for the last several years without justifiable cause, manufacturing outrage after outrage in the headlines. Most of it all fake.

The voters will decide, the prognosticators had it all wrong in 2016 - and that could happen again.
Indeed. The voters will decide. And if a majority of Republican voters decide "wrong" and run Trump again, they will lose in November 2024. Bigly.

Given Trump's overcoming of polls in 2016, you Pubs of all people should remember that polls don't always jive with Reality, eh?

Given the willingness of our Ruling Class to "fortify" elections, and then openly and brazenly admit it (see Molly Ball's Time Magazine article), any Republican candidate - who is not anointed by the Establishment - is going to have to overcome a lot more than polls.

Given the willingness of our Ruling Class to "fortify" elections, and then openly and brazenly admit it (see Molly Ball's Time Magazine article), any Republican candidate - who is not anointed by the Establishment - is going to have to overcome a lot more than polls.
Since the 1830s or 1840s... it has ALWAYS been EXTREMELY difficult for "outsiders" to get on the ballot and to actually win.

Such "dark horse" victories are few and far between and they only occur when people are desperate enough to "buck the system" with their votes.

There is nothing whatsoever wrong with creating standards for elections and for creating penalties for egregious violations of those standards.

Such "fortification" prevents both Abuse and Denialism from growing large enough or powerful enough to overturn a legitimate voting outcome.

Trump's status as an "outsider" worked for him in 2016... it will not do so in 2024... guaranteed... he had his shot... he muffed it... his time is over... move on.

? Are you saying Trump or DeSantis is a commie? Are you arguing Trump should drop out so DeSantis is the nominee?

Trump's status as an "outsider" worked for him in 2016... it will not do so in 2024... guaranteed... he had his shot... he muffed it... his time is over... move on.

I'm sure in 2016 you were gung ho predicting he would win. ;)

Besides, if you were so convinced, you wouldn't have to go on a message board to spout off about it in the format of a dissertation.

Forum List

Back