Disney scraps plans for new Florida campus, mass employee relocation amid DeSantis feud

Strange world lost 147 million
Mulan lost 150 million
Jungle Cruise lost 151 million
Turning Red lost 167 million
Lightyear lost 106 million
Tomorrowland lost 170 million
Mars Needs Moms lost 200 million
13th Warrior lost 210 million
The Lone Ranger lost 230 million
John Carter lost 240 million
How much the latest Indiana Jones will lose is still being totaled up.

These don't count the movies that were so bad they went straight to streaming like Lady and the Tramp and Peter Pan and Wendy.

By far the most catastrophic failure has to be the Star Wars hotel. 19 months after opening Disney is asking what it can do with the shuttered building.

Disney has been plagued by abysmal management. Not everything is due to woke. It's a big company. The crumbling has just begun.

Last edited:
Disney stock is out preforming the DJI YTD.

They also dropped from 120 to 80 before rebounding to 90. So now they're only down about a quarter instead of a third.

None of this addresses that the effect Disney has on Florida is far smaller than the reverse, but you go girl

Plus saving Disney a pile on money in a tough financial time for the company. It is hard to say if saving the company money or making DeSantis look bad was the main object but it’s my bet is on the money.

I was just tasking to a woman yesterday who lives in Florida. She told me she would never visit the Mouse again. Apparently this is not all that unusual In the Free State of Florida.

***snio***

More than 68 percent of general-election voters say they are less likely to do business with Disney after reports that it plans to include sexual ideology in new content for children, according to the Trafalgar Group’s new National Issues Survey on Disney,which was sponsored by the Convention of States Action. The poll found that more than 69 percent of respondents said they were likely to support “family-friendly alternatives” to Disney.

The survey comes after an executive producer admitted to advancing a “not-at-all-secret gay agenda” to insert queerness into children’s animation during a Disney staff meeting on Florida’s Parental Rights in Education legislation last month.

“Our leadership over there has been so welcoming to my, like, not-at-all-secret gay agenda,” said Latoya Raveneau, an executive producer for Disney Television in a video obtained by journalist Christopher Rufo. “I was just, wherever I could, just basically adding queerness. . . . No one would stop me and no one was trying to stop me.”

The poll found 85.3 percent of Republicans said they are less likely to continue using Disney products, while 72.5 of independents and 48.2 percent of Democrats said the same.

Almost 78 percent of Republicans, 72 percent of independents and 59 percent of Democrats said they would support a family-friendly alternative to Disney.
In the end it comes down to profit. These things are business decisions, and a lot of people don't seem to get it.

are you really this bad at math?

If something cost 275,000,000 and it made $1,072,767,997 that means the profit was $797,767,997

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 has already made more than 2.7 times what it cost to make and it is just getting started.
Then why is Disney in its third layoff?

***snip***

Disney did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment about the reported layoffs, made outside of normal working hours.

Reports of the third round of layoffs starting come shortly after Disney scrapped its plans to build a nearly $900 million corporate campus in Florida because of a combination of Iger's return, the company's cost-cutting measures, and Disney's legal battle with Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, The Wall Street Journal reported. Disney had planned to move more than 2,000 employees – mostly from its headquarters in California – to the new campus. Some had already relocated before the plans were dropped, per The Journal.

***snip***

Should you invest $1,000 in Walt Disney right now?​

Before you consider Walt Disney, you'll want to hear this.

The Motley Fool Stock Advisor analyst team just revealed what they believe are the 10 best stocks for investors to buy right now... and Walt Disney wasn't one of them.

Stock Advisor is the online investing service that has beaten the stock market by 3x since 2002*. And right now, they think there are 10 stocks that are better buys.

In the end it comes down to profit. These things are business decisions, and a lot of people don't seem to get it.
You would think that recent events would teach companies to stay the hell out of politics unless it directly influenced their business.

You would think that recent events would teach companies to stay the hell out of politics unless it directly influenced their business.
Except that they have every right to, and what DeSantis did was really an abuse of power and an attack on free speech rights.

Lefties aren't afraid to take an economic bloodbath for their pedo / trans policies, that's for sure. Just ask AB / Bud Lite.

I have no problem sacrificing money for morals, ethics, faith, protecting children, and the other conservative values Democrats hate and target.
Almost. You almost got there you just had to preface it with a mountain of whataboutism.

It is impressive the cognitive dissonance the right is going through to avoid simply stating the blatantly obvious.

Almost. You almost got there you just had to preface it with a mountain of whataboutism.

It is impressive the cognitive dissonance the right is going through to avoid simply stating the blatantly obvious.
There is no pleasing you fragile, highly emotional, left wing extremist pussies.

:itsok:

There is no pleasing you fragile, highly emotional, left wing extremist pussies.

:itsok:
'left wing extreme.'

Ya, it is so extreme to expect you to say one honest thing, ever. How funny. Why do you not outline one of my left wing extreme positions... we will wait.

'left wing extreme.'

Ya, it is so extreme to expect you to say one honest thing, ever. How funny. Why do you not outline one of my left wing extreme positions... we will wait.
TrumpLaugh.jpg

I notice you did not post one position I take that is left wing extremism. Is it that you cannot fid one? We know you lie constantly, you don't actually have to prove it.
babbling.gif

(Triggered Troll)

1684891673408.png

Except that they have every right to, and what DeSantis did was really an abuse of power and an attack on free speech rights.
So You think teachers should be able to “groom” young children without allow their parents to know. Many parents in Florida disagree with you and agree with Governor DeSantis.

***snip***

Nowhere in the bill does it say that sex education should not be taught, only that it should be taught in an age-appropriate way. Nowhere in the bill does it say that teachers are prevented from saying "gay," or talking about it. The phrase "don't say gay" is a way to discredit the bill before anyone has even looked at it. The law protects parents and children from politically minded teachers who would bring critical gender theory into lesson plans for little kids all the way through high school, and would encourage kids to explore their gender identity and keep that exploration a secret from their parents.

This kind of experimentation on children recently led to a young girl in Florida attempting suicide on school grounds. It was only after this suicide attempt that parents became aware that the child was exploring gender identity at school, and keeping that a secret from her parents, with the full approval and help of the school itself. Teachers were helping the child keep secrets about her mental health from her parents, and as a result the girl almost died. As part of their reasoning of keeping this secret, the school said that the parents' Catholic religion would prevent them from accepting their child's trans identity. They didn't even give the parents a chance.

Instead, the law requires schools to allow parents to access records pertaining to their children and dictates that they cannot withhold records or information about their children. The law says that schools cannot adopt procedures that "require school district personnel to withhold from a parent specified information or that encourage or have the effect of encouraging a student to withhold from a parent such information."

So You think teachers should be able to “groom” young children without allow their parents to know. Many parents in Florida disagree with you and agree with Governor DeSantis.

***snip***

The law is worded in broad enough terms that it is effectively "don't say gay", same as the laws restricting discussion of race. It is not about age appropriate discussions, which I agree with, but sensiring mention of an entire category of peoplein the guise of "protecting" the children. This is now made obvious in the book bannings and extending it into highschool, higher ed and even private companies by banning DEI training.

The wording is less important than the intended effect.

OOThe law is worded in broad enough terms that it is effectively "don't say gay", same as the laws restricting discussion of race. It is not about age appropriate discussions, which I agree with, but sensiring mention of an entire category of peoplein the guise of "protecting" the children. This is now made obvious in the book bannings and extending it into highschool, higher ed and even private companies by banning DEI training.

The wording is less important than the intended effect.
My main concern is the very young children. Teachers do not need to be discussing changing genders or how to have gay sex with children who may still believe in Santa Claus.

I see no major problem in covering gay sex and gender change in classes with more mature children, say age 15 and higher. Of course that should be part of a course on health. I had such a high school class back in the 1960s but we didn’t discuss gay sex. (Back then, gay sex was still in the closet, especially in rural Ohio.) We did study human reproduction, but to be honest I already knew how that worked. That is because I had learned how to read and in fact had learned speed reading. Access to a public library enabled me to solve my curiosity on a number of subjects.

I advocate concentrating on teaching young children up to age eight on how to READ and do simple MATH. They don’t need to learn respect for what their friends chose as their favorite oddball pronouns either. They definitely do not need to know about the ins and outs of anal or oral sex at such a young age. Many already will know about such activity from watching TV.

Good DEI courses for private businesses are fine. To me they cross the line if they teach whites are all racists. A good course will teach all the employees respect for each other and how to work together The chances of a company succeeding improve dramatically if such attitudes are followed. I had such courses at the company I worked at before I retired.

Just like the Democrat politicians. They talk about looking out for you, but they only look out for themselves

Forum List

Back