What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fess Parker passes away at 85

bodecea

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm so sad to hear that. Loved Davy Crockett and owned a coonskin cap as a kid. :(

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Reaction score
We had the series on Beta.

RIP Fess.

Gunny

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm so sad to hear that. Loved Davy Crockett and owned a coonskin cap as a kid. :(

I had one too. Was my uncle's though, originally. You're old.:lol:

I used to love watching Daniel Boone on TV. Like most 60s tv shows, it's hokey nowadays. And even at 6 years old I could not reconcile Ed Ames as a Cherokee named Mingo.:lol:

I even had the Daniel Boone lunch box in 1st grade.

I didn't realize he was that old.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhYRDPG8Mu0]YouTube - Daniel Boone Theme Song[/ame]

Claudette

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Loved Fess as Daniel Boone on TV. Gosh. He was 85. Man all the stars I knew as a kid are leaving us. RIP Fess. Good guy.

PatekPhilippe

Reaction score

Let's not forget his almost Oscar winning performance in this famous movie....one of my favorite scifi's as a kid
them+ant.bmp

del

Diamond Member
Reaction score

I used to love watching Daniel Boone on TV. Like most 60s tv shows, it's hokey nowadays. And even at 6 years old I could not reconcile Ed Ames as a Cherokee named Mingo.:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhYRDPG8Mu0]YouTube - Daniel Boone Theme Song[/ame]

i had a coonskin cap, too. :eusa_shhh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLNmvaACJno]YouTube - Kentucky Headhunters - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett[/ame]

del

Diamond Member
Reaction score

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD0DV2vPNEQ]YouTube - Johnny Carson - Ed Ames Tomahawk Incident[/ame]

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Davey Crockett was a little before my time, but I used to watch him every week in Daniel Boone

Character and hat was the same....just the name was different

Harry Dresden

Adamantium Member
Reaction score
the guy was waaaaay before my time.....who the hell was he?....

Reaction score

Let's not forget his almost Oscar winning performance in this famous movie....one of my favorite scifi's as a kid
them+ant.bmp

He wasn't in 'Them'. That was James Whitmore as the state trooper and James Arness (Marshall Matt Dillon) as the FBI agent got who destroyed the ants in the end with flame throwers and bazookas. Great movie.

Ravi

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I never saw his shows but he made a wonderful line of wines. And his vineyard doesn't suck.

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never saw his shows but he made a wonderful line of wines. And his vineyard doesn't suck.

Never knew that about him

froggy

Gold Member
Reaction score
Mission impossible guy died the other day also, Peter Graves, brother of James Arness (marshal Dillion).

sparky

Gold Member
Reaction score
Daniel Boone died?

aw @!#%&*(( !!!

i can recall many happy days as kids doing all manner of 'Boonisms' out in the woods

rip Fess, you were the idol of the generation that caught frogs and snakes, built forts to fight off invading indians, made rafts out of old tires and logs, etc etc.....~S~

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List