Famous Last Words ........ ( atheists on their death bed )

God forbid. I would hope that you would live to a ripe old age, Hot Potato. But the truth is the atheists and agnostics who have put their confidence in men such as Voltaire, Nietzche, Hobbs, Borgia, Thomas Paine............and some have even trusted in the teachings of Anton Lavey......they should know .........it is important for everyone to know that these atheists final words were acknowledgement of hell and acknowledgement of that it was too late for them.

There are people who believe that after God's judgment falls upon a soul, be it a sickness and the end of their life - that they can just say the sinners prayer and that will guarantee them heaven - but a man or woman must come to Christ when the Spirit of God is drawing them. Not when they feel like it. Salvation is the greatest of miracles not some fire insurance one agrees to with the top of their head! It begins with conviction of sin in their hearts and repentance and godly sorrow........ I have known of some death bed conversions, yes. But many times that is not the case. It was not the case for Voltaire.

So while you are healthy and still here I want you to accept Christ and perhaps tonight will be the beginning of your consideration towards this but I will be praying for you too so that you know this is the will of God for you. Because He loves you.

I have no plans for a death bed recant Jeri.. I will have my ashes scattered somewhere in the Yorkshire hills...that is if we aren't hit by an asteroid or Russian nuclear strike before my time is up :eek:
My home for your viewing Jer

I have no plans for a death bed recant Jeri.. I will have my ashes scattered somewhere in the Yorkshire hills...that is if we aren't hit by an asteroid or Russian nuclear strike before my time is up :eek:
My home for your viewing Jer

It is gloriously beautiful, hotpotato, but is just the beginning! It is not the end at all! I can hardly fathom someone not having a desire for heaven! Why not?

No! That "was the time" as in past tense! The time now is for calling on Jesus you guys! Now come on. We can do this.. it is very simple - just watch the video of the atheist professor. It will not kill you nor will it kill Hot potato. It is a tiny bit of your times for the sake of your eternity! Please. Watch the video. Part 2 is coming up. The time will fly by. Seriously. please watch the video.

Jere, I am sure that, by now, you know that a lot of people take offense with your constant over-the-top preaching. Listing names of people that you have convinced yourself are in hell, seeing Satan and demons everywhere, going on about the Illuminati, which does not exist, telling people who disagree with your fanatical religious beliefs that they are going to hell, mixing all of that with politics, like you did recently regarding Obama, condemning gays, witches, etc.., etc., etc. Most of us know that your train left the baggage at the station long ago, but there are some, who may be unstable who take you seriously. The harm that you do to those that are already deranged, with the fear tactics that your faith embraces, is unconscionable. You really are not that removed from those that handle serpents and the 700 Club people who play rock lyrics backwards in search of satanic messages. I have tolerated this stuff from you with a minimal amount of distain, because I like you. However, I find myself giving your fear threads life, by responding to this stuff, and that is my fault.

You are driving people away from you with this nonsense, which is contrary to what you are trying to accomplish. I look around me, and see good in most things, because I do not go looking for evil. The condemnation coming from your corner of everything, that you believe god is against, is simply not healthy for me to read, and I choose not to be exposed to it. It also comes out sounding incredibly self-righteous and judgmental.

While I can respond to those on the other side of the fence on these boards without getting offended, I put truly negative people on "ignore". Sorry, Jere. that is were I feel I must put you.

Here is part two, you guys! Watch this! This is for you! This is how the LORD loves you all too! This message is Jesus reaching out to you and saying, Look! This is what I want to give you. A new life. A brand new beginning. The LORD is God. He can do what He wants. He can forgive who he wants. His desire to save you. So watch part 2 and see what happens to this precious man.

What time is it? Bird time.. I mean bedtime goodnight all.

Sweet dreams, hot potato. I hope to be able to talk to you tomorrow. God willing. I will be praying for you while you are sleeping tonight. May the angels of God surround your bed and protect you. Amen.

Jeremiah you are following Satan.

No where in the Bible does it say people can die......go to hell......and then come back to life and talk about their experience.

You need to repent of your spreading false teaching. .... :cool:

Jere, I am sure that, by now, you know that a lot of people take offense with your constant over-the-top preaching. Listing names of people that you have convinced yourself are in hell, seeing Satan and demons everywhere, going on about the Illuminati, which does not exist, telling people who disagree with your fanatical religious beliefs that they are going to hell, mixing all of that with politics, like you did recently regarding Obama, condemning gays, witches, etc.., etc., etc. Most of us know that your train left the baggage at the station long ago, but there are some, who may be unstable who take you seriously. The harm that you do to those that are already deranged, with the fear tactics that your faith embraces, is unconscionable. You really are not that removed from those that handle serpents and the 700 Club people who play rock lyrics backwards in search of satanic messages. I have tolerated this stuff from you with a minimal amount of distain, because I like you. However, I find myself giving your fear threads life, by responding to this stuff, and that is my fault.

You are driving people away from you with this nonsense, which is contrary to what you are trying to accomplish. I look around me, and see good in most things, because I do not go looking for evil. The condemnation coming from your corner of everything, that you believe god is against, is simply not healthy for me to read, and I choose not to be exposed to it. It also comes out sounding incredibly self-righteous and judgmental.

While I can respond to those on the other side of the fence on these boards without getting offended, I put truly negative people on "ignore". Sorry, Jere. that is were I feel I must put you.

Jesus loves you , Vandalshandle, and I will continue to pray for you. But like Paul I say, Woe is me if I don't preach the gospel. There are souls that are being saved. I know this because the LORD has let me know it. I do not mind at all being seen extreme because the same people judging me as extreme have said nothing about Ashtara making a pact with hell. Hell is most certainly real as her testimony cannot be ignored ( although every one did the best anyhow) when it comes to the reality of hell. The other side is working hard to damn the souls of men and I refuse to stand by and do nothing. Not happening on my watch. - Jeri

p.s. you and Disir are not everyone although you two may think differently about that. Disir has no problem with making her own religion posts questioning the divinity of Jesus Christ. Perhaps the real trouble is the Word of God is convicting when it is preached by the power of the Holy Spirit. I think that is exactly has happened. Nevertheless, have your way and put me on ignore. I'll just ask the Holy Ghost to send laborers to your jobs and wherever you travel along lifes' highways and they can confirm what I have already told you.

No where in the Bible does it say people can die......go to hell......and then come back to life and talk about their experience.

Samuel's spirit came out of the grave and spoke to Saul, Sunni Man. Look it up. That isn't even the new testament - its old testament. In the new testament they were raising the dead. Jesus raised up Lazarus, Paul raised up a young man who fell out a window after falling asleep.(from the dead)

I thought you said you were a christian at one time. Didn't you read your bible?

Samuel's spirit came out of the grave and spoke to Saul, Sunni Man. Look it up. That isn't even the new testament - its old testament. In the new testament they were raising the dead. Jesus raised up Lazarus, Paul raised up a young man who fell out a window after falling asleep.(from the dead)

I thought you said you were a christian at one time. Didn't you read your bible?
Those people were prophets or raised up by prophets.

None of them were in Hell and then brought back to life.

Try again......... :cool:

Resuming the topic this evening. Here are more Famous last words from dying atheists, agnostics and also Christians! Notice stark contrast!

http://www.pdegraaf.com/articles/last_words.pdf
Clarence Darrow, the Scopes Trial lawyer in the famous 1925 debate, while on his
deathbed asked several clergymen to “please intercede for me with the Almighty. During
my life I have spoken many times against Christians, and I now realize that I may have
been wrong.”

Edward Gibbon, author of the ‘Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire’: “All is lost,
irrecoverably lost. All is dark and doubtful.”

John Wesley, preacher and songwriter: “The best of all is that God is with us, farewell,
farewell.”

Marilyn Monroe: “I don’t need your Jesus.” Related by Billy Graham who tried to
present the Gospel message to Marilyn, just before she died at age 36.

Michelangelo, famous painter and sculptor: “I die in the faith of Jesus Christ, and in the
firm hope of a better life.”

Thomas Andrews who designed the Titanic and drowned when it sank April 14th 1912:
“No, not even God could sink the Titanic.”

David Brainerd, (well known missionary): “I am going into eternity and it is sweet to me
to think of eternity.”

Alexander the Great was an admirer of Socrates and Plato (both were atheists). When he
died he threw a handful of his blood at the sky in defiance of God.

Talleyrand (called the most brilliant mind of his generation) when asked about his
condition while on his deathbed replied: “I am suffering the pangs of the damned.”

William Pitt, British statesman: “I throw myself on the mercy of God, through the merits
of Jesus Christ.”

these quotes are accurate and understandably troubling to the atheist. Many atheists do not want their consciences awakened. For that person only prayer will work. Still the Gospel goes forward and the testimonies God has provided to give evidence that hell becomes a reality even before one takes their last breath.

Those people were prophets or raised up by prophets.

None of them were in Hell and then brought back to life.

Try again......... :cool:

Not necessary. Samuel spoke from the dead. It is recorded in 1 Samuel 28: 11- 19. Samuel was in the grave - a place called paradise which Jesus spoke of and it was a literal place before the Cross and the resurrection at which time Jesus emptied paradise. It is now used as part of hell. Had your people understood that they would never have called their own heaven- paradise - although perhaps it was divine providence. Without realizing they prophesied their own damnation.

more famous last words from atheists and those dying without Christ......

http://www.present-truth.org/9-Beyond/How-Infidels-Die.pdf

Aldamont, the infidel: "My principles have poisoned my friend; my extravagance
has beggared my boy; my unkindness has murdered my wife. And is there another hell
yet ahead?"

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Abraham Lincoln: "Useless! Useless! The
terrors before me!"

Thomas Carlyle: "I am as good as without hope; a sad old man gazing into the
final chasm."

David Strauss, leading representative of German rationalism, after
spending a lifetime erasing belief in God from the minds of others: "My philosophy
leaves me utterly forlorn! I feel like one caught in the merciless jaws of an automatic
machine, not knowing at what time one of its great hammers may crush me!"

Tallyrand was one of the most cunning French political leaders of the Napoleonic
era. On a paper found at his death were these words: "Behold eighty-three passed
away! What cares! What agitation! What anxieties! What ill-will! What sad complications!
And all without other results except great fatigue of mind and body, a profound
sentiment of discouragement with regard to the future, and disgust with regard to the
past!"

Some 15 years before his death, Mohandas K. Gandhi wrote: "I must tell you in
all humility that Hinduism, as I know it, entirely satisfies my soul, fills my whole being,
and I find a solace in the Bhagavad and Upanishads."
Just before his death, Gandhi wrote: "My days are numbered. I am not likely to
live very long-perhaps a year or a little more. For the first time in fifty years I find myself
in the slough of despond. All about me is darkness; I am praying for light."

"What did you do to our daughter?" asked a Moslem woman, whose child had
died at 16 years of age. "We did nothing," answered the missionary. "Oh, yes, you did,"
persisted the mother. "She died smiling. Our people do not die like that. " The girl had
found Christ and believed on Him a few months before. Fear of death had gone. Hope
and joy had taken its place.

There are many more testimonies on the link... please read it all and consider the truth. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father except through Jesus Christ. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved today, Beloved. God loves you. Come to Jesus Christ and receive the everlasting life He offers you. The LORD will forgive your sins. The LORD is gracious and merciful and loving. Jesus did not come to condemn the world but that through Him the world might be saved. Jesus went to the Cross for you!

These testimonies are of people on their death beds, Sunni. With the exception of the last one by a Muslim woman who wanted to know why her daughter died with a smile on her face. She gave her life to Jesus before she died and her mother did not know of it until after she was gone and asked a missionary what happened.

Not necessary. Samuel spoke from the dead. It is recorded in 1 Samuel 28: 11- 19. Samuel was in the grave - a place called paradise which Jesus spoke of and it was a literal place before the Cross and the resurrection at which time Jesus emptied paradise. It is now used as part of hell. Had your people understood that they would never have called their own heaven- paradise - although perhaps it was divine providence. Without realizing they prophesied their own damnation.
Like I said.......the Bible doesn't record anyone going to Hell and coming back to tell about it.

You know that I am right but refuse to admit it.

But you like to believe Satan and his fake stories because they fit your twisted agenda.

Jeremiah, you need to repent of spreading false stories.

And read what the Bible really says......you will be amazed. ..... :cool:

I'm sorry that you feel that way,Disir, but the Word of God does not return back void unto Him without first performing the work it was sent to do. I preach the Word of God and quote scripture because I know it is life to the person who reads it. It is bringing life to their spirit whether they realize it or not. Let me say this to you and you go ahead and put me on ignore if that is what you wish to do. Consider that perhaps there is something else that happening that is a struggle you are having - resisting the Word of God because it is revealing something to you that you do not want to examine right now. I will keep you in my prayers that the LORD will continue to send people across your path wherever you go so that you realize that the LORD sends His laborers out to you. We do not just go out ourselves. We are sent. If your house was on fire you'd be grateful for the person who came in the middle of the night to wake you up. Same concept.

This will be my last post for this afternoon.

- Jeremiah

You do realize that whenever you and others like you post quotes of scripture on here the only thing that happens when the rest of us read that post is that our eyes glaze over and we eventually just skip to the next post right? I'm all in favor of your right to profess your beliefs and I can see that your intent is good but your methods are simply not compelling. Just my honest critique, my apologies if it seems harsh.

Forum List

Back