Famous Last Words ........ ( atheists on their death bed )

God loves you. Do not let anyone ever condemn you for your sins. Jesus Christ paid for your sins and He loves you. The Lord is not condemning you. When you come to Jesus do you know where he puts your sins? As far as the east is from the west. That is where. When you receive the pardon of Christ you are washed whiter than snow. It is His precious blood that washes you because, Beloved, He loves you so very much. He holds your future. Jesus holds your future in His hands. He has engraved your name in the palm of His Hand too! God has not forgotten you. Do you know that when your mother and father forsake you the LORD will take you up? ( read Psalm 27:10) Yes, He is a father to the orphans and a husband to the widows. All of His plans for you are good. The LORD's plans are good for you, Beloved. The LORD wants to bless your life. The LORD loves you.

Disir, the LORD loves you. I do understand some folks are going to do things that are forbidden in the bible to do but they are the exception and so when it happens the newspapers make some sensational story out of it. Now someone who claims a voice told them to murder someone is listening to demons! Not the LORD and not an angel of the LORD. God would never tell a believer to take the life of another human being. That is no where to be found in the teachings of Jesus Christ. My suggestion? Read the response to the atheist by the preacher - on this thread. That is the truth, Disir. It is also the truth that the LORD loves you very, very much!

Psalm 103 12 as far as the east is from the west so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
Context
All within me, Praise His Holy Name!
…11For as high as the heavens are above the earth, So great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him. 12As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us. 13Just as a father has compassion on his children, So the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him.…
Cross References
Hebrews 9:26
Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.
2 Samuel 12:13
Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD." Nathan replied, "The LORD has taken away your sin. You are not going to die.
Psalm 32:5
Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD." And you forgave the guilt of my sin.
Isaiah 38:17
Surely it was for my benefit that I suffered such anguish. In your love you kept me from the pit of destruction; you have put all my sins behind your back.
Isaiah 43:25
"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.

When Isaiah wrote .....in your love you kept me from the pit of destruction, you have put all my sins behind your back....... he is speaking about hell, Beloved. There are approximately 400 scriptures about hell in the Old Testament I am told. This is one example I wanted to point out. Isaiah prophesied about Jesus Christ our Messiah in Isaiah 53. Isaiah was given a vision of the throne room - Paul speaks of a vision of the 3rd heaven and yet we have people who will deny that people could be given visions of heaven and hell? Why? It is all through scripture, beloved! All through it! Believe the LORD and call upon Him to save you. He shall cast all your sins as far as the east is from the west. He is ready to do it, even today! Today is the day of salvation!

Last edited:
It does not have to be that way, Rightwinger. God loves you! You are so precious to Him! You need to believe Him and not the devil! That is the truth! Jesus Christ loves you!

Disir, the LORD loves you. I do understand some folks are going to do things that are forbidden in the bible to do but they are the exception and so when it happens the newspapers make some sensational story out of it. Now someone who claims a voice told them to murder someone is listening to demons! Not the LORD and not an angel of the LORD. God would never tell a believer to take the life of another human being. That is no where to be found in the teachings of Jesus Christ. My suggestion? Read the response to the atheist by the preacher - on this thread. That is the truth, Disir. It is also the truth that the LORD loves you very, very much!

Jeremiah,
you have ceased to be rational. That is the truth. You may firmly believe that you are preaching. You are actually driving people away. That is quite sad. You don't grasp the fact that your diatribe is actually alienating. So, since you lack the capacity to see this then the nicest thing that I can do is to put you on ignore.

Socrates last words : Crito, we owe a rooster to Asceplius. Please don't forget to pay the debt.

What Socrates learned about payment of a rooster and life after death, is that hell is truth seen too late.

So far as I can discern from Scripture the rooster signifies one who has denied Christ. Too late for Socrates now. Not too late for those alive today! Whosoever shall call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved. Read Romans 10:9,10 today. Today is the day of salvation! Today, beloved!

How do you think Socrates could possibly have denied Christ?

Last edited:
It does not have to be that way, Rightwinger. God loves you! You are so precious to Him! You need to believe Him and not the devil! That is the truth! Jesus Christ loves you!

Life sucks and then you die

Who says that is bad? It puts everything into perspective. No matter how bad you think your life may be, it is still preferable to the alternative

I'm sorry that you feel that way,Disir, but the Word of God does not return back void unto Him without first performing the work it was sent to do. I preach the Word of God and quote scripture because I know it is life to the person who reads it. It is bringing life to their spirit whether they realize it or not. Let me say this to you and you go ahead and put me on ignore if that is what you wish to do. Consider that perhaps there is something else that happening that is a struggle you are having - resisting the Word of God because it is revealing something to you that you do not want to examine right now. I will keep you in my prayers that the LORD will continue to send people across your path wherever you go so that you realize that the LORD sends His laborers out to you. We do not just go out ourselves. We are sent. If your house was on fire you'd be grateful for the person who came in the middle of the night to wake you up. Same concept.

This will be my last post for this afternoon.

- Jeremiah

There are no atheists in foxholes

A feeble attempt by the religious to assume atheists cannot accept death. Yet millions do

Resuming the topic this evening. Here are more Famous last words from dying atheists, agnostics and also Christians! Notice stark contrast!

http://www.pdegraaf.com/articles/last_words.pdf
Clarence Darrow, the Scopes Trial lawyer in the famous 1925 debate, while on his
deathbed asked several clergymen to “please intercede for me with the Almighty. During
my life I have spoken many times against Christians, and I now realize that I may have
been wrong.”

Edward Gibbon, author of the ‘Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire’: “All is lost,
irrecoverably lost. All is dark and doubtful.”

John Wesley, preacher and songwriter: “The best of all is that God is with us, farewell,
farewell.”

Marilyn Monroe: “I don’t need your Jesus.” Related by Billy Graham who tried to
present the Gospel message to Marilyn, just before she died at age 36.

Michelangelo, famous painter and sculptor: “I die in the faith of Jesus Christ, and in the
firm hope of a better life.”

Thomas Andrews who designed the Titanic and drowned when it sank April 14th 1912:
“No, not even God could sink the Titanic.”

David Brainerd, (well known missionary): “I am going into eternity and it is sweet to me
to think of eternity.”

Alexander the Great was an admirer of Socrates and Plato (both were atheists). When he
died he threw a handful of his blood at the sky in defiance of God.

Talleyrand (called the most brilliant mind of his generation) when asked about his
condition while on his deathbed replied: “I am suffering the pangs of the damned.”

William Pitt, British statesman: “I throw myself on the mercy of God, through the merits
of Jesus Christ.”

And more Famous last words still.........

Sir Michael Faraday, (brilliant English scientist 1791 – 1867), was asked when he was
near death: “What are your speculations now?” He answered: I have no speculations. I
rest upon Jesus Christ who died, and rose again from death.”

Sir Francis Newport allowed his name to used on a brand of cigarettes. On his deathbed
he cried out: “Oh eternity. Oh eternity”. And he uttered a groan of inexpressible horror
as a cried out, “Oh the insufferable pains of hell, forever, forever.”

Voltaire, one of history’s best known atheists, often stated that “by the time I’m buried,
the Bible will be non-existent.” His last words were: “I am abandoned by God and man;
I shall die and go to hell alone.” His condition had become so terrible that his associates
were afraid to approach his bedside, and as he passed away, his nurse said that for all of
the wealth in Europe, she would never watch another infidel die.

A few years after he died the Geneva Bible Society purchased Voltaire’s home
and turned it into a print shop to print Bibles.

Charles Haddon Spurgeon, beloved preacher and author, on his deathbed: “I can hear
them coming!” He sat straight up in bed and asked: “Don’t you hear them? This is my
coronation day. I can see the chariots, I’m ready to board.”

Famous French author Guy de Maupassant (1850 – 1893) of whom it was said: “critics
praised him, men admired him, women adored him.” Before he went insane and died at
the early age of 42, as a result of having contracted syphilis, he penned his own epitaph:
“I have coveted everything, found pleasure in nothing.”

Robert Ingersoll, noted lecturer and avowed anti-Christian on his deathbed said: “Life is
the cold and barren value between two eternal peaks. I strive in vain to see beyond the
distant height. I cry out and the only answer I hear, is the echo of my empty wail.”
Dietrich Bonhoffer, German theologian, standing in front of a firing squad during World
War 2, for speaking out against Nazism, “This may seem to be the end for me, but it is
just the beginning.”

Sir Julian Huxley, English evolutionist, biologist and staunch atheist, on his deathbed:
“So it is true after all, so it is true after all.”

King David, recording his last words for his son Solomon: “I go the way of all the earth;
be strong therefore, and prove yourself a man. Keep the charge of the Lord your God.
To walk in His ways, to keep His statutes, His commandments, His judgments, and His
testimonies, as it is written in the Law of Moses, that you may prosper in all that you do
and wherever you turn.”

Charles Darwin, on his deathbed: “I regret that I suggested a theory, and that gullible
men gobbled it up, as though it were fact. I never intended that.”

Augustus Toplady, author of ‘Rock of ages.” His final words: “All is light, light, light.”
Queen Elizabeth I, grabbed he physician by the sleeve and pulled him down over her bed
and said: “Half of the British Empire for six month of life.” He could not even give her
six minutes and she died.

H.G. Wells, historian and the ‘apostle of modernism’, and a determined atheist: “Here I
am at age 64, still searching for peace of mind. It is a hopeless dream”

John Knox, Scottish clergyman and founder of the Presbyterian Church was asked on his
deathbed: “Hast thou any hope?” Unable to speak, John Knox slowly lifted up his arm,
and with his index finger pointed heavenward, and with a peaceful countenance he died.

The difference between the last words of Christians and the last words of atheists and non Christians is very great. How awful to face the end of ones life without any hope in Jesus Christ! How awful!

http://www.pdegraaf.com/articles

Some billionaires on the day of their death, if they were coherent were still making deals.
On the very day! Among them were Howard Hughes and H. L. Hunt.Tancredo Neves, president-elect of Brazil, during the election campaign of 1985 said: “If
I get 500,000 votes from my party, not even God will remove me from the presidency.”
On March 14th 1985, a day before his inauguration, he became very ill, and shortly
thereafter he died.

Thomas Payne, originally one of America’s great patriots in his book: “The age of
reason” ridiculed the Christian religion. He slowly lost his friends. He left America and
while in England came to a premature death. On his deathbed he said to a friend ‘I would
give worlds if I had them, if the ‘Age of Reason’ had never been published. Oh Lord
help me. Christ help me. You stay with me. It is hell to be left alone.

Bon Scott, a singer with the band AC/DC, in 1979 sang a song with this line in it: “Don’t
stop me, I’m going down all the way, down the highway to Hell.” On February 19th
,1980 Bon Scott was found dead, having choked on his own vomit.

John Lennon: Shortly before he died he was interviewed for a US magazine. He was
quoted: “Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am
certain Jesus was O.K., but his subjects were too simple. Today we (the Beatles) are
more famous than Jesus.” Lennon died on Dec 8/1980 from gunshot wounds.

Adolph Eichmann, was offered the services of a Protestant Minister a few hours before
his execution. He declined by saying: “I am not a Christian and I don’t have time for
this. I don’t believe in life after death. Long Live Germany and long live Argentina.”

Cesare Borgia, a famous writer and politician (it was he who Machiavelli used as his
model for the Prince in his timeless novel) was a meticulous planner. He planned
everything to the minutest detail. When he knew he was dying said: “When I lived I
provided for everything, except death. Now I must die, and I am totally unprepared and
un-provided”.

Cazuza (bi-sexual Brazilian composer-singer-poet, during a show in Rio de Janeiro,
while smoking a cigarette, puffed out some smoke into the air and said : ‘’Here God, this
is for you.’’ Shortly thereafter, at age 32 while suffering the effects of Aids, he died a
very painful death.

Adams, the infidel said: “I’m lost, lost ,lost. I am damned forever.” His agony was so
great that as he died, he tore the hair from his head.

Christine Hewitt, Jamaican journalist and entertainer was quoted: “The Bible was the
worst book ever written. Shortly thereafter, in June 2006, she was found, burned beyond
recognition in her automobile.

Nietzsche, well known atheist, who had great influence on Adolph Hitler, went insane
during the last few years of his life. We can only speculate what his last words may have
been.Alfred Krupp, the great manufacturer of munitions, said to his doctor: “Physician, I will
give you one million marks if you can prolong my life 10 years.”

Last edited:
Listen to this one!

Alfred Krupp, the great manufacturer of munitions, said to his doctor: “Physician, I will
give you one million marks if you can prolong my life 10 years.”

Sir Walter Scott the skeptic said: “Until this moment I thought there was neither a God
nor a hell. Now I know that there are both, and I am doomed to perdition by the just
judgment of the Almighty.”

When Christians die, they often report, on their death bed, of seeing angels. Quite often
they hear the most beautiful singing they’ve ever heard. The closer to death, the more
beautiful the sound.

There is only one book that deals authoratively with life after death, and it’s your Bible.
The Apostle John wrote: “We have written these things that you may know you have
eternal life.” (1 John 5 verse 13).

THE FINAL WORDS OF THE UNBELIEVER ARE VASTLY DIFFERENT FROM
THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST.

Now today is the day of salvation and today you must call upon the name of Jesus as His Holy Spirit is drawing you to repentance. Do not resist the Holy Spirit. You need to come to Jesus when the Holy Spirit is dealing with your heart. Not later on. That is the lie of the enemy - oh! Tomorrow! Tomorrow you can do it! Next week you can do it but for today live it up one more time! Do not believe such a lie. Come to Jesus Christ right now while He is dealing with you and letting you know that you will perish just like the atheists in these testimonies did if you do not repent of your sins and come to him.

Famous last words..... time to see who was bullshitting?
Hotpotato . Not that I plan dying anytime soon :D

Forum List

Back