Facebook and Twitter's censorship of the NY Post Article about Biden breaks something that can't be fixed

Trump will do nothing to stop Russian interference in our elections. Platforms and sources blocking Russian propaganda and fake news is patriotic,
Trust in our media is completely gone. We now understand they will stop at nothing to help Biden. If Biden wins, things will get even worse.
you do know that Facebook and Twitter are not the news don't you?

Its where people share and talk about news. They are censoring any discussion of a legitimate story because they have political interests in Biden. They are private companies and can do what they want to do, and people can call them out and leave their platforms.
So what?

You people agree to the terms of service when you sign up for their free service.

Of course you never read those terms of service and you do not realize that ALL social media platforms are nothing but advertising space and as more of you people use them the more they can charge for that advertising space.
Then they need to lose their government protections they are hiding behind.

Facebook is no different than a bulletin board that is privately owned and allows people to post on it.

As the owner of the bulletin board they can allow or remove any thing posted.

Why you people think Facebook is more anything more than a way to sell advertising is beyond me.
Incorrect. They are using US 230 government protections to save them from lawsuits based on users words. They have to abide by the rules attached to those protections related to fair use. They are not doing that. Therefore they should lose them.
I disagree.

This message board also edits users posts so by your reasoning this board should lose all its protections under US 230.
They are only protected if they are acting “ in good faith”. Twitter and Facebook clearly are not.

So it's subjective.
No it’s not. Which would be why the CEO was subpoenaed by Washington and now have reversed their decision to block information on Hunter Biden. Obviously they know they went too far. They still need to lose their protections though. They abuse them.

I just don't see the need.

Social media is not a news publication service never was never will be.

No one was denied the ability to read the Post's article in fact I'll bet more people actually saw it than would have. Just because one message board might not allow a post in no way means that the material is unavailable.

You people agree to the terms of service when you sign up for these "free" messaging services the problem is you don't actually read what you are agreeing to.
Twitter is acting like a publisher ( by banning content that doesn’t break the terms of service) instead of just existing as a free platform. That is the problem here.

And it's not really a big deal as I said.

and according to twitter they claimed it does violate their "hacked materials" policy.
No?
Think again...
Again it's Facebook.

Not a news outlet.
And that is the problem. They are managing CONTENT... They are acting like a publisher and not a platform.... Thus USC 230 is no longer an applicable protection.

I tried.

Trust in our media is completely gone. We now understand they will stop at nothing to help Biden. If Biden wins, things will get even worse.

Its where people share and talk about news. They are censoring any discussion of a legitimate story because they have political interests in Biden. They are private companies and can do what they want to do, and people can call them out and leave their platforms.
So what?

You people agree to the terms of service when you sign up for their free service.

Of course you never read those terms of service and you do not realize that ALL social media platforms are nothing but advertising space and as more of you people use them the more they can charge for that advertising space.

Facebook is no different than a bulletin board that is privately owned and allows people to post on it.

Why you people think Facebook is more anything more than a way to sell advertising is beyond me.
Incorrect. They are using US 230 government protections to save them from lawsuits based on users words. They have to abide by the rules attached to those protections related to fair use. They are not doing that. Therefore they should lose them.
I disagree.

This message board also edits users posts so by your reasoning this board should lose all its protections under US 230.
They are only protected if they are acting “ in good faith”. Twitter and Facebook clearly are not.

So it's subjective.
No it’s not. Which would be why the CEO was subpoenaed by Washington and now have reversed their decision to block information on Hunter Biden. Obviously they know they went too far. They still need to lose their protections though. They abuse them.

No one was denied the ability to read the Post's article in fact I'll bet more people actually saw it than would have. Just because one message board might not allow a post in no way means that the material is unavailable.

You people agree to the terms of service when you sign up for these "free" messaging services the problem is you don't actually read what you are agreeing to.
Twitter is acting like a publisher ( by banning content that doesn’t break the terms of service) instead of just existing as a free platform. That is the problem here.

We have been trying to explain it to him. He refuses to get it. I gave up.
He gets it. He is playing dumb because he likes the censorship.

Facebook cannot censor any newspaper.

You seem to think a post on a message board is the equivalent to a newspaper.

So it really seems to me that you don't get it.
They banned posts from The NY Times. Links to a government website and banned the accounts of the Trump campaign, press secretary.and many others that were talking about The NY Times article. Their temper tantrum over the story has them subpoenaed by Washington.

I get it just fine.

NY Post, but your point holds the same. The Post is older than the Times, I believe.

Twitter and Facebook and Google is full of Democrats. Not liberals....DEMOCRATS. They are part of the party and Biden donors. They have a vested interest in Biden winning the election and they dont want people to know Biden is corrupt.

They dont want what is best for the nation, they want power.

They want a PRESIDENT who is on the take from CHINA....THINK ABOUT THAT.

Buddy, Trump had his opportunity and he blew it.... Screaming about China isn't going to change anything.

So what?

I disagree.

So it's subjective.

We have been trying to explain it to him. He refuses to get it. I gave up.
He gets it. He is playing dumb because he likes the censorship.

Facebook cannot censor any newspaper.

You seem to think a post on a message board is the equivalent to a newspaper.

So it really seems to me that you don't get it.
They banned posts from The NY Times. Links to a government website and banned the accounts of the Trump campaign, press secretary.and many others that were talking about The NY Times article. Their temper tantrum over the story has them subpoenaed by Washington.

I get it just fine.

It's the most nothingest nothing burger.
If that were true. Twitter wouldn’t have backed down.

So what are you whining about?

Why do you care if some message board bans a post with a link to a newspaper article when you can go read that article anyway?
Well because the executives of said “ message board” are part of Biden’s transition team...and are banning stories that hurt him during an election.

making them ...a publisher. Clear violation of 230 protections.

Twitter is not a news source and anyone who wanted to could go to the NY Post web site

I just don';t see this as an issue at all.

Twitter can edit any post it wants just like the moderators of this message board do.

People who realize this also understand that Twitter is not a source of news or journalism

And don't go assuming I support Biden because i don't. I don't support Trump either.

I agree with Blues Man. I don’t necessarily agree with this or other decisions of private corporations like Facebook or Twitter, nor of Boeing or J.P. Morgan or the NY Post or NY Times! I only use their products when necessary. But without Section 230 protection the internet would be impossible as we know it...

Here is a clear and genuine libertarian perspective: Section 230 Doesn't Need "Reform" - CounterPunch.org

Last edited:

Forum List

Back