EV Bus Explodes

ONE DAY??? Wow. Do you think a lithium ion battery can be recharged? OR do you honestly think that those of us who drive EV's have to buy a new battery pack every time the old one discharges?

You are a HOOT! Hilarious! And to think you wanted to fool people into thinking you were some sort of engineer or petroleum scientist.

LOL.

Wow. I've seen some silliness in my day but you take the cake.
If we use 149,600,000,000 kWh in oil everyday then we will need to have enough battery capacity for 149,600,000,000 kWh everyday. Ergo the worlds EV battery storage will need to be 149,600,000,000 kWh. That's a shit load of electricity and a shitload of lithium to create the batteries that can store 149,600,000,000 kWh of electricity.

And we will have to produce 149,600,000,000 kWh of battery storage every 7 to 10 years because batteries do not last forever.

Says the guy who doesn't know the difference between a battery and a fuel.

LOL.
Says the person who has no clue that to replace oil with EV's requires a total battery capacity equal to the energy it is replacing. And that requires a shitload of lithium to produce all of those batteries so that they can hold the energy required to deliver 149,600,000,000 kWh.

How about this time you actually take a look at one or more of the linked articles... you know... so you won't look quite so foolish.

From you report:

Whilst the occurrence is lower for EVs, when an EV does catch fire, the consequences can be very problematic. The mixture of chemicals in the battery can prove extremely volatile and difficult to extinguish. Several EV fires have destroyed garages and neighboring vehicles and fire departments have had to be educated on how to deal with EVs specifically. EV fires can continue to reignite for days after initially being extinguished. It doesn't help that the occurrence of EV fires can be unpredictable, with research conducted by IDTechExsuggesting that a third of EV fires occur when the vehicle is stationary, parked, and not charging.

Again, in a free market where consumers are free to take the risk of exploding automobiles I have no objection to libs buying EV.

But the market is becoming increasingly less free

Sure. Of course. But to eliminate the need for oil the amount of lithium required to build enough batteries to hold that charge is staggering. And you'd have to be able to build that staggering amount every 7 to 10 years.

And from where is the energy to come, to charge those batteries, once you build them?

Most of it will come from oil or coal.

From you report:

Whilst the occurrence is lower for EVs, when an EV does catch fire, the consequences can be very problematic. The mixture of chemicals in the battery can prove extremely volatile and difficult to extinguish. Several EV fires have destroyed garages and neighboring vehicles and fire departments have had to be educated on how to deal with EVs specifically. EV fires can continue to reignite for days after initially being extinguished. It doesn't help that the occurrence of EV fires can be unpredictable, with research conducted by IDTechExsuggesting that a third of EV fires occur when the vehicle is stationary, parked, and not charging.

Again, in a free market where consumers are free to take the risk of exploding automobiles I have no objection to libs buying EV.

But the market is becoming increasingly less free
I've had to deal with two car fires. In the first one I made a foolhardy attempt to retrieve a woman's purse that she'd left on the front seat. I did not succeed and after I singed off my eyebrows and half my beard, I gave up and took two steps away from the car befpre the fuel filler door blew off and the gas tank erupted like a fire volcano right over my head. On the second one I ran to the car, saw it was empty and ran back. In a few tens of seconds it was simply a molten smoking fireball. There is no such thing as a minor car fire. Between upholstery, plastics, tires, wiring and, of course, a few gallons of gasoline there is simply too much fuel in any sort of automobile to produce anything but a flaming maelstrom. And how many people actually have a realistically sized fire extinguisher that still works and that they canactually lay their hands on when the time comes? Not many. The fire department certainly isn't going to get there in time to save anything. What you need is for the fire to never start in the first place. And the most likely way to do that is to be driving an EV. You're free to make different choices but don't bother trying to tell anyone - including yourself - that you've made the safer choice based on reality.

And from where is the energy to come, to charge those batteries, once you build them?

Sure. But they will wave their arms and dismiss that just as they will dismiss that it's impossible to even replace all ICE vehicles because they can't mine lithium fast enough.

Sure. But they will wave their arms and dismiss that just as they will dismiss that it's impossible to even replace all ICE vehicles because they can't mine lithium fast enough.
What expert source has informed you as to the maximum possible lithium mining rate?

What expert source has informed you as to the maximum possible lithium mining rate?
I can only use what they actually mine. But doing these calculations are excellent sense checks. It only upsets you because it challenges your narrative.

But that's the key: it doesn't HAVE to come from oil or coal (or natural gas). That's what fascinates me about this debate. Folks are so busy slagging EV's as if they HAVE to have all these issues. Meanwhile their internal combustion cars are burning oil every second they are working. It's not even close in comparison to the potential damage possible to the environment.

And all this hand-wringing over battery fires...it's a reasonable hit. But it also ignores the health damage done by burning oil all the time, as if that's completely harmless to everyone.

Why don't you tell me how much lithium is required to manufacture enough batteries to replace ICE vehicles?

LOL. Why don't you get to work on the Pb mining for lead-acid batteries you use in your car. I trust you know where lead comes from.

Then factor in how much you use Li every single day and tell us how horrible it all is.

LOL. Why don't you get to work on the Pb mining for lead-acid batteries you use in your car. I trust you know where lead comes from.

Then factor in how much you use Li every single day and tell us how horrible it all is.
What does that have to do with the orders of magnitude shortfall of lithium to build enough batteries to replace every ICE vehicle? That is the goal, right?

Forum List

Back