EV Bus Explodes

I think you can't tell me how much lithium is required to store 149,600,000,000 kWh that will be needed for 1 day of use.
You're not much on problem solving, are you. A typical EV has 10 kilograms of lithium in it. There are roughly one billion cars on the planet. Ergo, 10 billion kg lithium. Whoop-dee-doo.

Why don't you calculate how much lithium is required to produce the energy of 88 million barrels of oil. I'm guessing it's because you can't.

Lithium is not used to produce energy. That's the point that you are missing, and that's the point on which nearly everything you've posted recently in this thread fails.

If we ever get to the point of having cars that are powered by nuclear fusion, using lithium deuteride as their fuel, then you might have a point.

But we're no where near that. Probably at least a century or two away, if we ever get to that. Certainly not in your lifetime nor mine.

You're not much on problem solving, are you. A typical EV has 10 kilograms of lithium in it. There are roughly one billion cars on the planet. Ergo, 10 billion kg lithium. Whoop-dee-doo.
So.... how many years of lithium production is 10 billion kg of lithium?

Lithium is not used to produce energy. That's the point that you are missing, and that's the point on which nearly everything you've posted recently in this thread fails.

If we ever get to the point of having cars that are powered by nuclear fusion, using lithium deuteride as their fuel, then you might have a point.

But we're no where near that. Probably at least a century or two away, if we ever get to that. Certainly not in your lifetime nor mine.
Again... how much lithium is needed to store 149,600,000,000 kWh?

So using cricks method which he says requires 10 billion kg of lithium....

10,000,000,000,000 kg divided by 1000 kg/metric tons = 10,000,000 metric tons of lithium

10,000,000 metric tons divided by 86,000 metric tons/yr = 116 years.

I'm happy to use this calculation but it's not accounting for all of the oil used daily.

So if it takes us 116 years to produce enough lithium to replace every ICE vehicle how will we replace those batteries when they fail at 7 to 10 years.

aha.gif

So.... how many years of lithium production is 10 billion kg of lithium?
In 2019, global production was 86,000 tons. At that rate, it would take 128 years to produce 10 billion kg of lithium. Of course that ignores increased production, dramatically improved recycling, decreased requirements per vehicle and, the high likelihood that propulsion will be moving towards hydrogen fuel cells.

Again, did you think that was a challenging question?

In 2019, global production was 86,000 tons. At that rate, it would take 128 years to produce 10 billion kg of lithium. Of course that ignores increased production, dramatically improved recycling, decreased requirements per vehicle and, the high likelihood that propulsion will be moving towards hydrogen fuel cells.

Again, did you think that was a challenging question?
New numbers are coming in...

23.9 billion kg :lol:

Tell you what you tell me how much lithium you think is needed to replace all ice vehicles. Don't forget to show your math.

Tell you what: you go ahead and think there's no difference between a battery and fuel.

LOL.

"Show yer math"! LOLOLOL.

What a joke

I think you can't tell me how much lithium is required to store 149,600,000,000 kWh that will be needed for 1 day of use.

ONE DAY??? Wow. Do you think a lithium ion battery can be recharged? OR do you honestly think that those of us who drive EV's have to buy a new battery pack every time the old one discharges?

You are a HOOT! Hilarious! And to think you wanted to fool people into thinking you were some sort of engineer or petroleum scientist.

LOL.

Wow. I've seen some silliness in my day but you take the cake.

Tell you what: you go ahead and think there's no difference between a battery and fuel.

LOL.

"Show yer math"! LOLOLOL.

What a joke
Think of it like you want to replace oil with electricity. If we are consuming 88 million bopd EV batteries will have to provide electricity equal to the amount of energy of 88 million barrels of oil.

To do so will require a certain amount of lithium so that the batteries can deliver the equivalent amount of energy in electricity that ICE vehicles used.

Do you think that a lithium battery can be re-charged?
Sure. Of course. But to eliminate the need for oil the amount of lithium required to build enough batteries to hold that charge is staggering. And you'd have to be able to build that staggering amount every 7 to 10 years.

Or do you think batteries last forever?

Forum List

Back