EV Bus Explodes

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

EV's will never spontaneously combust and burn your house down. You don't need to worry about them holding a charge after being stored for months. You don't need to worry about where you will charge them if you live in apartments. You don't need to worry about long charging times or long waits in line for charging stations. You don't need to worry about being stranded on the side of the road.

EV's are wonderful.
Not everyone shares your sentiments -

The problem is, the fire from an EV is ferocious compared to an ICE vehicle.

YOU want to criticize someone for asking a leading question?!?!? That is rich. That's the only type of question you seem to know how to ask.
No. I am criticizing what she claims are leading questions, dummy. Apparently you don't know what a leading question is either.

On what do you base that? Define "ferocious".

Ferocious, in this case, means whatever will help stop the trend for EV's. No doubt Li batteries do burst into flame and burn hot. But I bet any amount of money Captain Caveman has about a dozen electronic things sitting within arm's reach RIGHT NOW that have Li ion batteries and they don't think twice about it.

EV cars are straight from the bowels of hell and must be stopped.

Only cars that burn gasoline and cause countless asthma cases as well as f up the climate are good.

Ferocious, in this case, means whatever will help stop the trend for EV's. No doubt Li batteries do burst into flame and burn hot. But I bet any amount of money Captain Caveman has about a dozen electronic things sitting within arm's reach RIGHT NOW that have Li ion batteries and they don't think twice about it.

Only cars that burn gasoline and cause countless asthma cases as well as f up the climate are good.
EV's have a niche. It's not total replacement of ICE vehicles. That can't be practically done.

Cardinal Carminative the reason it's not practical to replace all ICE vehicles with battery operated vehicles is due to the low energy density of batteries. The amount of lithium needed to build enough battery capacity to replace the amount of gasoline and diesel used by internal combustion engines in one day is 17,713,000,000 kg of lithium metal. Which is equal to 17,712,640 metric tons. They only mine 100,000 metric tons of lithium per year. Which means it would take 177 years to mine enough lithium to replace all ICE vehicles.

Now do you understand?

I tell you what I think, if EV's are so good and convenient, why don't governments allow them to compete against ICE vehicles as opposed to giving subsidies to buy them and banning the competition from 2030!!!!!

Because even the government the majority know they're shit.

I tell you what I think, if EV's are so good and convenient, why don't governments allow them to compete against ICE vehicles as opposed to giving subsidies to buy them and banning the competition from 2030!!!!!

Because even the government the majority know they're shit.

I've never understood this. I think when you buy a electric car the government pays something like 75% of the cost! It's just crazy!

If people want to save the planet or whatever they should have to pay full price for it! It's their problem, not mine.

I want someone to pay off my car too!

I've never understood this. I think when you buy a electric car the government pays something like 75% of the cost! It's just crazy!

If people want to save the planet or whatever they should have to pay full price for it! It's their problem, not mine.

I want someone to pay off my car too!
The government does not pay 75% of the cost of a new EV car. The government provides a tax credit, between $2500 and $7500 determined by the size of the battery in the EV or plug-in hybrid your are purshasing and how high your income taxes are. For instance, if you qualify for $7500 but only pay $5000 in taxes, that is how much tax credit the government will supply. It doesn't carry over till next year or come to you in any other fashion. Additionally, the subsidy is only available on the first 200,000 qualifying vehicles a manufacturer sells. Tesla, for instance, has sold enough vehicles that no subsidy remains for any of their models. The government benefits from the purchase of these vehicles by significant reductions in fleet gas consumption.

Forum List

Back