EV Bus Explodes

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

EV's will never spontaneously combust and burn your house down. You don't need to worry about them holding a charge after being stored for months. You don't need to worry about where you will charge them if you live in apartments. You don't need to worry about long charging times or long waits in line for charging stations. You don't need to worry about being stranded on the side of the road.

EV's are wonderful.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

EV's will never spontaneously combust and burn your house down. You don't need to worry about them holding a charge after being stored for months. You don't need to worry about where you will charge them if you live in apartments. You don't need to worry about long charging times or long waits in line for charging stations. You don't need to worry about being stranded on the side of the road.

EV's are wonderful.
EVs are less likely to catch fire than are ICE vehicles. I said nothing else.

That's right. Because by then you will be arguing the exact opposite and claiming that was what you believed all along.
No... what I was saying "no thanks" to was at any time, for any reason, ever "getting back to you".

In the course of this thread I have posted four or five links to articles that clearly point out that electric vehicles have a MUCH lower risk of suffering a fire than do cars powered by internal combustion engines. No one has been able to challenge those findings in any way. I fully admit that once afire, a large lithium ion battery can be very difficult to extinguish but since the ocurrence of such things is actually quite rare, I don't see it as a significant factor in the adoption of EVs. Besides, we'll all be driving hydrogen fuel cell EVs soon enough and this will be a moot point.

In the course of this thread I have posted four or five links to articles that clearly point out that electric vehicles have a MUCH lower risk of suffering a fire than do cars powered by internal combustion engines. No one has been able to challenge those findings in any way. I fully admit that once afire, a large lithium ion battery can be very difficult to extinguish but since the ocurrence of such things is actually quite rare, I don't see it as a significant factor in the adoption of EVs. Besides, we'll all be driving hydrogen fuel cell EVs soon enough and this will be a moot point.
Is this you way of admitting lithium batteries contain volatile fluids?

Is this you way of admitting lithium batteries contain volatile fluids?
No. The electrolyte in lithium ion batteries use water as a solute. When are you going to catch the point that it is not necessary to be volatile to catch fire? Logs aren't volatile. Candles aren't volatile. Crude oil isn't volatile. Plastics aren't volatile. Paper isn't volatile. Cloth isn't volatile. Yet all of these things will burn.

No. The electrolyte in lithium ion batteries use water as a solute. When are you going to catch the point that it is not necessary to be volatile to catch fire? Logs aren't volatile. Candles aren't volatile. Crude oil isn't volatile. Plastics aren't volatile. Paper isn't volatile. Cloth isn't volatile. Yet all of these things will burn.
So you believe it's an act of God when they spontaneously combust?

The major weakness of lithium-ion batteries in electric cars is the use of organic liquid electrolytes, which are volatile and flammable when operating at high temperatures. An external force such as a crash can also lead to chemical leakage.

"For EV fires, it's been always very difficult to pinpoint the exact root cause of the fire, because it is extremely difficult to 're-enact' the fire incident with the same conditions," said Kim Pil-soo, automotive engineering professor at Daelim University.

So you believe it's an act of God when they spontaneously combust?

The major weakness of lithium-ion batteries in electric cars is the use of organic liquid electrolytes, which are volatile and flammable when operating at high temperatures. An external force such as a crash can also lead to chemical leakage.

"For EV fires, it's been always very difficult to pinpoint the exact root cause of the fire, because it is extremely difficult to 're-enact' the fire incident with the same conditions," said Kim Pil-soo, automotive engineering professor at Daelim University.

What was your link supposed to show us?

What was your link supposed to show us?
:rolleyes:

The major weakness of lithium-ion batteries in electric cars is the use of organic liquid electrolytes, which are volatile and flammable when operating at high temperatures.

You win. The electrolyte in older, Li Ion batteries is volatile. But, the risk of fire in an EV is still a small fraction of the risk of fire in an ICE powered car. That's a fact.

/-----/ Don't dare confront the Left with facts.

Well, it ain't my problem if they want to live with their heads up their asses.

New DNC.jpg

Well, it ain't my problem if they want to live with their heads up their asses.

View attachment 650524
The people most resistant to facts in this thread are those that continue to insist that EVs represent an unacceptable fire hazard when the data from multiple studies clearly show that gasoline powered automobiles are as much as 100 times more likely to suffer a fire.

Forum List

Back