Do you pray daily?

• Yes

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I pray, but not every day

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
Do you pray daily in order to seek God's will for your life and have His presence go with you? Yes or no?

If you do not pray daily - why not attend the Prayer Meeting on USMB each morning, read the scriptures, listen to the worship music, sing along with the lyrics and seek the LORD in prayer? Try it for 90 days and see what happens. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!
The Virginia shooter prayed and apparently He said Jehovah spoke to him, telling him to act.

Virginia TV shooter said Charleston shootings put him ‘over the top’ | WNCN

Jesus, Allah, Yahway, Jehovah. It's all the same thing GOD. Stop praying to imaginary things. Grow the hell up.
Try this for experiment. Go ask Christians what they think about the Virginia shooter's actions and then go ask Muslims what they think about the Boston Bombers' actions. You will get very fundamentally different answers. It is not all the same thing.
True. Two different levels of crazy. Christianity is the lesser of those two evils.

Do you pray daily in order to seek God's will for your life and have His presence go with you? Yes or no?

If you do not pray daily - why not attend the Prayer Meeting on USMB each morning, read the scriptures, listen to the worship music, sing along with the lyrics and seek the LORD in prayer? Try it for 90 days and see what happens. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!
The Virginia shooter prayed and apparently He said Jehovah spoke to him, telling him to act.

Jesus, Allah, Yahway, Jehovah. It's all the same thing GOD. Stop praying to imaginary things. Grow the hell up.
Try this for experiment. Go ask Christians what they think about the Virginia shooter's actions and then go ask Muslims what they think about the Boston Bombers' actions. You will get very fundamentally different answers. It is not all the same thing.
True. Two different levels of crazy. Christianity is the lesser of those two evils.
:) Says the crazy.

Praying is like begging....

Except when you beg, you are asking a real person for something.

Then you don't understand prayer. No wonder you've never experienced personal revelation from God.

When you realize that God is your Father and that the point of prayer is to build the relationship and not order a wish list prayer can change you.

Taz is that proud and that unaware.
So what did you pray for today? To finally get laid?

Christians don't pray for that. We don't need to. We aren't that desperate to pretend casual sex is necessary to feel validated in our lives.

When you experience God for yourself, you begin to comprehend true love. And the selfless love that is God's love permeates your life like the dew covers the earth in the morning. Casual hook ups are exposed as the cheap imitations they are. And when you share that love, which is charity, with your spouse, you aren't getting laid, you are experiencing far more.

It's a shame you won't allow yourself to experiencing that.

I find myself discussing matters with the Lord quite often. More often informally than in formal prayer.

We are told to pray always. We can always have a prayer in our heart. The song of the righteous is a prayer to God as well. I find much of my prayer does come in song.

Though I'm a little curious why we need another thread to encourage people to join the first thread. Seems like we could easily have continued the discussion, exhortation, and invitations in the original thread.

If you will visit the prayer meeting thread when you come over to USMB you'll be feeding your spirit and it will lead to praying more, Gipper. Try it and see - even if you read one chapter - listen to a hymn and then spend some time talking to the LORD about whatever is on your heart - you'll be drawing nearer to God. You'll find as you draw near to God, He will draw nearer to you and before you know it? You'll be enjoying His presence every day!

I pray everyday- anytime; anywhere...

I don't really call it praying. I call it....chatting. No church. No songs. Just me, Him, the sky and the audience is nature.

There are all kinds of prayer! Talking to God is talking to God even when it is looking at the magnificence of what Jesus has created - the entire earth - heavens - the beauty of it all - saying thank you, God! To me? Is a prayer of thanksgiving.

If you will visit the prayer meeting thread when you come over to USMB you'll be feeding your spirit and it will lead to praying more, Gipper. Try it and see - even if you read one chapter - listen to a hymn and then spend some time talking to the LORD about whatever is on your heart - you'll be drawing nearer to God. You'll find as you draw near to God, He will draw nearer to you and before you know it? You'll be enjoying His presence every day!

I pray everyday- anytime; anywhere...

That is great!

Pray without ceasing.
1 Thessalonians 5:17

I find myself discussing matters with the Lord quite often. More often informally than in formal prayer.

We are told to pray always. We can always have a prayer in our heart. The song of the righteous is a prayer to God as well. I find much of my prayer does come in song.

Though I'm a little curious why we need another thread to encourage people to join the first thread. Seems like we could easily have continued the discussion, exhortation, and invitations in the original thread.

I'm curious as to why you are curious about a thread encouraging people to pray! lol!

To answer your question, Avatar, this thread is a poll and a discussion about prayer. The Prayer Meeting Thread is a prayer meeting and we're not inviting discussion "about prayer" only prayer requests.

Sealybobo is not crazy and personal attacks are not permitted on this thread, Jake. Please respect the discussion and the people posting on this thread or find another one to participate on.

Prayer is communing with God, Joe. Reading the Word of God, Worship, is our spiritual food. Do you eat every day? Twice a week? Once a month? How long would you last if you were to not feed your body? Just as your body needs food to sustain life so your spirit needs daily food to sustain your spiritual life.

guy, I haven't prayed in 30 years. I'm just fine, thanks.

If you are communicating with God, those are just the voices in you head. They have medications for that now.

Joe, the devil talks to you every day and even uses you to talk to others and try to destroy their faith in God. If the devil is able to speak to you don't you think it is reasonable to believe that God can speak to His Own children? Of course He can! This is not a matter of voices in anyone's head. The voice of the Holy Spirit is a still small voice and He speaks to our spirit. The reason you find the Gospel of Jesus Christ to be foolishness is that you are perishing, Joe. Why don't you know that you are perishing? Because Satan has given you a false peace to keep you from being awakened to your true spiritual state. He has blinded your mind, deceiving you into believing that you are fine as you are, no worries. Nothing could be further from the truth. When the Word of God is preached to you and you become disturbed by it? It is a sign that your conscience is being awakened - that you are beginning to receive from the LORD. When someone becomes very agitated by the hearing of the Gospel it is evident that their salvation is not too far off - it's actually good news. You see, when you have no fear of God and you are living in rebellion against Him? It's a sign you are in very great danger. VERY GREAT DANGER.

Don't pray. It does no good. Two hands working worth more than a billion praying.

What is praying other than organized, structured hoping?

In a group setting it may seem organized or structured (prayer meetings) but still the purpose of a prayer meeting is the same as a personal prayer time with God - to pray whatever comes to your heart, Mr. Clean. Think about this - if you have a situation that is beyond your control, one in which you need a miracle, who are you going to turn to? If you were climbing the side of a mountain and suddenly find yourself dangling off the side of it with a rope and cannot reach a safety edge which is only a few feet away who do you cry out to? God! Right? Now here is a better way - if you were to have an ongoing relationship with God - seeking His face every day - you've believed on His Son Jesus Christ and are redeemed - you've become God's child through receiving His Son - do you believe you will have confidence towards God to ask whatever you will - and He'll answer? Of course you would! So why not have a relationship with Him now and pray to the LORD, read the Bible and listen to worship music sing and praise Him? Then in the day of trouble you will not fear. Read Psalm 91 and see if that does not minister to you and give you great comfort! A comfort you could have 24 / 7 and who would not desire that?

In a group setting it may seem organized or structured (prayer meetings) but still the purpose of a prayer meeting is the same as a personal prayer time with God - to pray whatever comes to your heart, Mr. Clean. Think about this - if you have a situation that is beyond your control, one in which you need a miracle, who are you going to turn to? If you were climbing the side of a mountain and suddenly find yourself dangling off the side of it with a rope and cannot reach a safety edge which is only a few feet away who do you cry out to? God! Right? Now here is a better way - if you were to have an ongoing relationship with God - seeking His face every day - you've believed on His Son Jesus Christ and are redeemed - you've become God's child through receiving His Son - do you believe you will have confidence towards God to ask whatever you will - and He'll answer? Of course you would! So why not have a relationship with Him now and pray to the LORD, read the Bible and listen to worship music sing and praise Him? Then in the day of trouble you will not fear. Read Psalm 91 and see if that does not minister to you and give you great comfort! A comfort you could have 24 / 7 and who would not desire that?
When a need a miracle I pray science comes up with something. A lot of good praying did people hundreds of years before the Greeks invented medicine and doctors.

Asclepius was the Greek God of healing. Sick people prayed to him. Hippocrates changed all that. People started resting dieting and taking medicine and what do you know, it worked.

When a need a miracle I pray science comes up with something. A lot of good praying did people hundreds of years before the Greeks invented medicine and doctors.

Asclepius was the Greek God of healing. Sick people prayed to him. Hippocrates changed all that. People started resting dieting and taking medicine and what do you know, it worked.
Medical break through in the last 150 years have done miracles.

Do you know who first taught us about resting and good diet, Sealybobo? God did. He set the example in Genesis 1 and rested on the 7th day. We are also to rest on the 7th day. We are to rest on the 7th day. The Sabbath day was not for church but for rest. We are to gather together on the 1st day of the week to worship the LORD (that would be Sunday on our calendar - although the name of the day has its origins in Paganism (as do all 12 months that are named) the 1st day of the week is for gathering together - as for diet - God was very specific about what we should eat and what we should avoid eating (in the bible) and scientists have proven the Bible teaches us the correct way to eat!

As for healing - do you know that our diet has a great deal to do with our health as does our obedience to the LORD? It is true. There are some sicknesses that are directly linked to sin / the practice of sin / yet people will deny this because they do not want to acknowledge God and living according to His Word. Did you know the Bible states that the Word of God is health to all our flesh? To our bones? It is true.

As to answered prayer? Jesus said this. If you abide in me and my words about in you, you may ask whatever you will and it shall be done unto you.

That is not a hit or miss prayer life. That is the LORD saying whatsoever you ask of me? I'll do it. Does it get any better than that,Sealy? I cannot imagine it!

I don't pray often enough. Sometimes I think if I play "Amazing Grace" a couple times on my guitar, that suffices, though l know it doesn't.

If you didn't love God you wouldn't even say this though, Norwegen. Obviously your desire is to spend more time acknowledging Him in your life which is a sign that you are drawing nearer to Him and He is drawing nearer to you! Where two or more are gathered in His name there He is in the midst. He is here right now. We are having fellowship with Him here right now.

Forum List

Back