Zone1 Non-Catholics are always saying God doesn't live in buildings. Really? Read the Old Testament

We learned the same in Catholic school. The nuns phrased it this way: Ch U.R. ch.
The Real Presence is in the Church 24/7/364 (not on Good Friday but the tabernacle is placed nearby on that day)

It's amazing how few Catholics know this.

I didn't know it until some years ago and then only because I happened to have an excellent, conservative priest. Every time I tell this story, I feel like moving back into his parish... sigh

from OP

"...and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive [the land of sin and its nasty consequences?], and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong... and if they turn back to you with all their heart and soul... and pray toward the land you gave their ancestors, toward... toward the temple I have built for [You] then from Heaven, your dwelling place, hear their prayer.. and uphold their cause. And forgive your people, who have sinned against you."

comment

I find that so beautiful

The church is the believers in Christ. It is also a building. It is also God's house. Non Catholics don't always say that God doesn't live in a building. In fact, this non Catholic recently mentioned the Jews literally asking God to leave His Temple, where He resided. (He wasn't visiting.)
The church in itself is apparently important enough to be assigned their own angel. If the congregation moves to a new building then the angel goes with them to that building. But Jesus spoke to the characteristics of the churches in Rev. Their doctrine. Good and bad.
The reason that tithing and charity are two different things is because a tithe goes to the church. If the pastor is provided for he can spend more time in the service of his flock.

Last edited:
The Rapture is unbiblical. It says Jesus will come 3 times when he is only supposed to come twice.
The rapture is biblical. The word for it in Greek is ek. It means "out of". Because:

Revelation 3:10 Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from (out of) (snatched away from) the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth.

The reason He is going to keep us ek/from/out of that hour is:
1 Thess. 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ
And wrath is coming. And Meister is spot on. When Jesus returns, He will be returning as the LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH:
Revelation 5:5 Then one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep. See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered,

You are also wrong about what the Bible says and your interpretation of it. The Bible always clarifies itself. Here we are told the logistics of the rapture. Christ doesn't come here at the rapture. We go to meet him. The location is mentioned twice:
1 Thess 4: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord
If you don't like those translations, then here ya go in Hebrew:
Harpazo “caught up” or “caught away” five times it appears in the Bible relating to rapture.

Last edited:
The rapture is biblical. The word for it in Greek is ek. It means "out of". Because:

Revelation 3:10 Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from (out of) (snatched away from) the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth.

The reason He is going to keep us ek/from/out of that hour is:
1 Thess. 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ
And wrath is coming. And Meister is spot on. When Jesus returns, He will be returning as the LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH:
Revelation 5:5 Then one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep. See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered,

You are also wrong about what the Bible says and your interpretation of it. The Bible always clarifies itself. Here we are told the logistics of the rapture. Christ doesn't come here at the rapture. We go to meet him. The location is mentioned twice:
1 Thess 4: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord
If you don't like those translations, then here ya go in Hebrew:
Harpazo “caught up” or “caught away” five times it appears in the Bible relating to rapture.

Followers of Christ fled Jerusalem for Pella and avoided the tribulation.

My religion believes that the building is not the church, the people are the church.
That is true. The Church extends far beyond any door with any name on it and can be found everywhere around the world.

“The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven” (1 Corinthians 15:45-47). “Then said He, Lo, I come to do Thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that He may establish the second” (Hebrews 10:9).

God made a covenant with Israel through Moses, but established another with all mankind through His Son, Jesus Christ. “If that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second” (Hebrews 8:7). The weakness of that first covenant—the Mosaic Law—was in the fact that the people were too weak by nature for the perfect and holy law: “What the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh” (Romans 8:3).

-- MWTP

Note the above Biblical passages are from Paul, not God ... so just one man's opinion ...

You can call it whatever you like, Surada, but, the event is Biblical.
Not as some in modern times understand it. In Biblical times the etymology and and metaphors present a different picture. Are you aware that some of the Psalms are songs of ascent as people travel to Jerusalem and up to the Temple? The "clouds" are the Temple priests dressed in white; the people are going up to join the priests. It all happens here on earth.

You are just one man with an opinion, Paul was an Apostle who was taught by Jesus.
Yes, and Paul and Jesus were both Jews, both sang the Psalms of Ascent; both saw the priests in white (clouds) and walked up to join them.

You are just one man with an opinion, Paul was an Apostle who was taught by Jesus.

Oh ... sure ... that Paul's writings have endured for 2,000 years is testament to their wisdom ... I quoted him in this very thread, that's how much I respect his understanding of the Christ ... and hold as God's Truth we are all members of the Body of Christ, be we Jew or Gentile ... even though this is Paul analogy ...

Paul is not God ... he was the First Pope? ... God's first Earthy representative? ... I think all of us have a sliver of Truth, just Paul has a bigger sliver is all ... just like Francis is wise in all his pronouncements ... he put the time into the study and I'm inclined to listen to what is said ... and I'm not a Catholic ... weird eh? ...

Followers of Christ fled Jerusalem for Pella and avoided the tribulation.
Then where is Jesus? Did He return to stop the destruction of all life on this planet, and then take off again? How was His millennium reign? Was it nice?
Did we have an atomic sword back then that would cause all life to be destroyed? A nuclear catapult?

You can't answer that so you just keep posting the same nonsense, over and over. When your timeline fits in with all the rest of the end time prophesies, then post them all together.
So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

WHERE IS JESUS, SURADA????????????????????????????

Last edited:
The church is the believers in Christ. It is also a building. It is also God's house. Non Catholics don't always say that God doesn't live in a building. In fact, this non Catholic recently mentioned the Jews literally asking God to leave His Temple, where He resided. (He wasn't visiting.)
The church in itself is apparently important enough to be assigned their own angel. If the congregation moves to a new building then the angel goes with them to that building. But Jesus spoke to the characteristics of the churches in Rev. Their doctrine. Good and bad.
The reason that tithing and charity are two different things is because a tithe goes to the church. If the pastor is provided for he can spend more time in the service of his flock.
I have tried to follow this and find myself unable to. So I can't respond

That is true. The Church extends far beyond any door with any name on it and can be found everywhere around the world.
you obviously do not understand the parts of the Word that involved King David, his son Solomon and the Temple where the Ark of the Covenant was held.

What a pity... most awesome story you can find outside of the Life of Christ, and quite related, quite related to it

Forum List

Back