Do atheist scientists wish there is other intelligent life because it would disprove Christianity?

Lol...

No. I don't care about christianity one way or the other.

I just think aliens would be cool.

Besides, what if the aliens were christian's?

Lol...

You'll never know because the distance between stars is just too great. Do you really believe aliens would try to communicate by RADIO WAVES?

My theory, if the government is covering up the existence of alien visitors, is that government leaders are convinced it would cause a major crisis to the world's Christians if alien visitors were revealed.

However, I don't believe the government could cover up the existence of alien visitors, the aliens would have left something behind, an empty beer bottle or a lighter or something.

So, if they discovered a form of extraterrestrial life that could come back from the dead, it would disprove xtianity?

ET.png

Lol...

You'll never know because the distance between stars is just too great. Do you really believe aliens would try to communicate by RADIO WAVES?
Current theories allow for faster than light travel.

I’m an “atheist scientist” (biologist) and that (OP’s idea) seems like a bizarre idea. I would like to see if there is any other non-terrestrial life just to see what it’s like, intelligent or not. FWIW, I do not think intelligent life is at all common in the universe in relative numbers. it’s just curiosity, nothing at all to do with my beliefs. Scientists are generally people who are very curious about our world and the universe.

I think that's their real motive.
You do spend a lot of time worrying about what others think.

Do you think that if there is alien life that means Christianity is a hoax?

I don't know why you would think that.

The the hell is an "atheist scientist"? No one knows what a scientist personally believes. I'm sure that there is no way to collect this sort of information about the large group of people known as "scientists."

"Aliens" = demons.

A number of secular UFO researchers went from holding the extraterrestrial hypothesis to the interdimensional hypothesis, after years of research.

For example, well-known and respected ufologist Jacques Vallée:

"We are dealing with a yet unrecognized level of consciousness, independent of man but closely linked to the earth.... I do not believe anymore that UFOs are simply the spacecraft of some race of extraterrestrial visitors. This notion is too simplistic to explain their appearance, the frequency of their manifestations through recorded history, and the structure of the information exchanged with them during contact."

- Jacques Vallée​

More quotes:

“The conclusion I’ve come to after all these years is that first of all, the subject is much more complex than any of us imagined. It has paranormal aspects but certainly it has very real physical aspects, too.” “[The extraterrestrial] theory runs up against a very big difficulty, namely, that we are seeing too many UFOs. The Earth is only a spot of dust in the Universe. Why should it be honored with so many visits? … I am more inclined to think in terms of something metaphysical, a sort of parallel reality.”

-Dr. J. Allen Hynek

“It’s both literally, physically happening to a degree; and it’s also some kind of psychological, spiritual experience occurring and originating perhaps in another dimension.

- John E. Mack, M.D

"A large part of the available UFO literature is closely linked with mysticism and the metaphysical. It deals with subjects like mental telepathy, automatic writing and invisible entities as well as phenomena like poltergeist [ghost] manifestations and 'possession.' Many of the UFO reports now being published in the popular press recount alleged incidents that are strikingly similar to demonic possession and psychic phenomena...."

- Lynn E. Catoe

“I [have] watched in dismay as a number of respected UFO researchers moved from a physical to a parapsychological interpretation of the bizarre UFO phenomenon….now I [too] am being forced to reexamine the UFO phenomenon in light of its apparent paraphysical nature.”
-Raymond E. Fowler: “The Watchers: The Secret Design Behind UFO Abduction;” (New York: Bantam 1991) pp. xv, 183

“The ‘medical examination’ to which abductees are said to be subjected, often accompanied by sadistic sexual manipulation, is reminiscent of the medieval tales of encounters with demons. It makes no sense in a sophisticated or technical or biological framework: any intelligent being equipped with the scientific marvels that UFOs possess would be in a position to achieve any of these alleged scientific objectives in shorter time with fewer risks”

- Jacques Vallée Confrontations - A Scientist's Search for Alien Contact; pg. 13

"We are dealing with a multidimensional paraphysical phenomenon which is largely indigenous to planet earth."
- Brad Steiger

"The UFO manifestations seem to be, by and large, merely minor variations of the age-old demonological phenomenon..."
- John A. Keel, UFOs: Operation Trojan Horse, p. 299

"There seems to be no evidence yet that any of these craft or beings originate from outer space."
-Gordon Creighton, Official 1992 Flying Saucer Review Policy Statement

"One theory which can no longer be taken very seriously is that UFOs are interstellar spaceships."

-Arthur C. Clarke, New York Times Book Review, 27 July, 1975​

There are many more similar quotes, but I'll leave it at that for now.

My theory, if the government is covering up the existence of alien visitors, is that government leaders are convinced it would cause a major crisis to the world's Christians if alien visitors were revealed.

However, I don't believe the government could cover up the existence of alien visitors, the aliens would have left something behind, an empty beer bottle or a lighter or something.
Doesn't the bible explicitly speak of extraterrestrial beings visiting Earth?

Forum List

Back