Did the GOP just tell the people of Flint to shut up and die? Or was it go away!

R

rdean

Flint's congressman wants to know why House GOP won't help his city

Flint's congressman said it's unconscionable that funding for the lead-contaminated water in his hometown isn't in the government funding bill filed by Republican leaders Thursday.

"I cannot believe, for the life of me, that we'd see this same sort of apathy and inaction on the part of the Congress if this happened in a more affluent community."

"This is what happens when a community is poor. They get left behind."

Stabenow, Peters slam GOP Senate for dropping Flint aid

----------------------------

I don't think the GOP's hatred of the poor is just in black communities. I believe the way they get the poor in places like Appalachia to vote GOP is because they think they are voting white.

1*bxYDXk9TM4n529CC9ENQ6g.jpeg

Me? Course I vote Republican. I always vote white!

Give flint some help....jeez a bunch of people poisoned...no big deal. Just get it done no matter the cost. Is life not more important than money?

Flint's congressman said it's unconscionable that funding for the lead-contaminated water in his hometown isn't in the government funding bill filed by Republican leaders Thursday.

"I cannot believe, for the life of me, that we'd see this same sort of apathy and inaction on the part of the Congress if this happened in a more affluent community."

I don't think the GOP's hatred of the poor is just in black communities. I believe the way they get the poor in places like Appalachia to vote GOP is because they think they are voting white.

There is a documentary on people who lost their homes because of Sandy 4 years ago who are still waiting for money to rebuild. It is being diverted into someone's pocket, what a shocker.

But, the American people continue to vote these people back into office so they get what they get. Pathetic and sad. Isn't recovery from a hurricane and providing safe drinking water for the city the very functions of any government?

Jealous much? That 4 wheeler costs more then your cardboard house on Clark and Addison

There is a documentary on people who lost their homes because of Sandy 4 years ago who are still waiting for money to rebuild. It is being diverted into someone's pocket, what a shocker.

But, the American people continue to vote these people back into office so they get what they get. Pathetic and sad. Isn't recovery from a hurricane and providing safe drinking water for the city the very functions of any government?
Gee, I wonder who it could be?

Feds investigate Christie's use of Sandy relief funds - CNNPolitics.com

Christie camp held Sandy relief money hostage, mayor alleges

You already know what the USMB rightwing response will be to this thread. They'll deflect completely away from repubs and start bitching about democrats.

You already know what the USMB rightwing response will be to this thread. They'll deflect completely away from repubs and start bitching about democrats.

They'd rather live in a third world country with poor water quality, shitty roads and poor living standards. The right wing has lost its fucking mind. Fucking kick them all out of power.

So let me see if I understand how this works, R-Derp! You've got a city that's run by liberal Democrats who through a total lack of fiscal discipline have bankrupted themselves to the point where they can't even afford the clean water they used to provide and are therefore forced to use the crap water that's in the Flint River...but you think that the Federal Government should spend whatever it takes to make this thing right and the GOP should provide whatever monies that requires?

God, I do love to watch you progressives in action!

A Republican is arguably the most unpleasant character in all the world: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

You are trying to compare someone that probably owns their crappy trailer and piece of ground free and clear verses a city stripped financially by being taxed to death Demoncrat and crooks and then bought out at lower than bargain basement prices by the new Muslim population. Flint couldn't give houses away ten years ago because it wasn't worth fixing up the places when the taxes were more than rent.

A Republican is arguably the most unpleasant character in all the world: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.
Oh you fascist democrats.....

One thing that the OP should be happy about is that there were a few Republicans around to blame yet another democrat city disaster on. If it weren't for those few Republicans then this story would have died a long time ago.

This should not be a political issue. In this case its quite simple. Find the money and help the situation. I dont care what the cost is. If we are a great country this gets done soon. If not this disqualifies us from great status. Its down to life versus the dollar. Which one is more important? It is that simple.

Forum List

Back