Dems getting tax-hike anxiety

Biden and the Dems find themselves between the proverbial rock and a hard place.

Biden clearly wants to go big on infrastructure and plenty of other spending, but some moderate Democrats appear to be getting cold feet on increasing personal income taxes to pay for it. If they massively increase spending and allow it to just add to the deficit and debt, they're no better than the GQP in that area.

With all the abject madness saturating our politics from the looney wings, we may (please note bold italics) end up seeing the sane and brave moderates from both parties saving us from the abyss.
Quit straddling the fence
I'm just being honest, as usual.

Nutters have to be obedient. I don't.
You will do as the media tells you mac, just like the rest of the rubes.

Biden and the Dems find themselves between the proverbial rock and a hard place.

Biden clearly wants to go big on infrastructure and plenty of other spending, but some moderate Democrats appear to be getting cold feet on increasing personal income taxes to pay for it. If they massively increase spending and allow it to just add to the deficit and debt, they're no better than the GQP in that area.

With all the abject madness saturating our politics from the looney wings, we may (please note bold italics) end up seeing the sane and brave moderates from both parties saving us from the abyss.
Mac and I don't seem to agree on much now a days... But if he's straddling the fence... I'm on it with him. Just unlike Mac I absolutely and freely admit that I'm NOT on the GOP side. Any party that thinks putting likes of Mitt up to run for President as a good idea isn't getting any support from me. We just agree more than we disagree.

But if you're of the mind that there are only two sides of the issues... Always keep in mind that I'm not your friend, both the DNC and GOP are what I'm fighting against. If not being on one of those two parties makes me fence sitter... Fine... I'm on that fence.
Either your with us or against us, it's your ch

Your daughters are cussing you out now
Please leave my family out of discussions here.

You're free to start a thread on any issue and invite me in.

Then you'll know better.

I've made that offer many times, but you guys never have the balls to do it.

It was 35% before tramp got his hands on it.

One needs to cut the loopholes as well.

Uh ... Congress is the Legislative body that put the loopholes in there to start with.
President Biden never voted against a tax break when he was in Congress.

Well ... I take that back.
In 1981, as Senator, he was the only fucker in the Senate that voted against the Child Care Tax Credit.

Last edited:

Then you'll know better.

The US has a debt higher than any in human history.

It is a government led by extremist radicals.

No matter your percieved view that you have cotrol over them, you don't and neither do we.

Then you'll know better.

No matter your percieved view that you have cotrol over them, you don't and neither do we.
Mac thinks the massive debt is funny.

Why was this thread not stared in the humor forum then?

Then you'll know better.

No, I think you nutters are funny, Captain Hyperbole.

Nice to see you suddenly care about the debt, though.

:laugh:

They will increase taxation like Trump did through high tariffs..

Then you'll know better.

Evidently no one in Congress or you care about massive debt because you keep on voting for people who keep creating more.

No, I think you nutters are funny, Captain Hyperbole.

Nice to see you suddenly care about the debt, though.

:laugh:

Great example demonstrating that Caring About the Debt doesn't do a damn thing to stop the spending.
Fighting over who you think gets to spend what, isn't going to take care of it either.

Shortsighted ignorance in support of your favorite Assclowns on the Beltway.
You have a serious case of irresponsible spending, and think two magic beans are going to help you fix that.

Your hyperbole is no different than any other, and the fact you find it funny just indicates you aren't serious about doing anything responsible to start with.

I support tax increases to pay for spending. Nothing is free, and tax rates, particularly on million/billionaires and megacorporations are ridiculously low.

Looks like Biden is bending quite a bit, but I don't think the GQP is allowed to give an inch on anything:

Biden floated a 15 percent minimum corporate tax and tougher enforcement on the highest earners, said a source familiar with the meeting. The proposal is part of an effort to prevent corporations from using tax breaks and loopholes to effectively eliminate their tax burden, the source said.

The list also included eliminating the "stepped-up basis," which addressees the tax value of inherited properties, and eliminating some fossil fuel incentives in the tax code.
Republicans spent almost two decades saying "no" to everything. This is just business as usual for them.

Looks like Biden is bending quite a bit, but I don't think the GQP is allowed to give an inch on anything:

Biden floated a 15 percent minimum corporate tax and tougher enforcement on the highest earners, said a source familiar with the meeting. The proposal is part of an effort to prevent corporations from using tax breaks and loopholes to effectively eliminate their tax burden, the source said.

The list also included eliminating the "stepped-up basis," which addressees the tax value of inherited properties, and eliminating some fossil fuel incentives in the tax code.
When the Chinese rule, they will not have mercy. And the West will have to submit for a long time before they have freedom again.

In a meeting Wednesday with Sen. Shelley Moore Capito, the lead Republican negotiator, Biden insisted that tax increases pay for most of the plan but signaled he was willing to back a smaller increase than he had initially requested.

Biden's first proposal called for raising the corporate tax rate from 21 percent to 28 percent as the primary way to pay for the infrastructure bill. That was rejected by Republicans and didn't appear to have unanimous Democratic support either.

Not many people favor tax hikes of any kind when spending has been ridiculous for decades. That 7% increase will likely put many out of work for......what? What infrastructure is so fucking important that we MUST bankrupt corporations and kill jobs?

You really think this is a good idea?

So? That was way too fucking high and nothing but a job killer.

Do you know what it's like for a business to get a 7% tax increase?
It didn't kill any jobs. Most corps didn't pay it at all.

/----/ You do realize corporations pass taxes on to the consumer in the form of higher prices --- you big dope.

Uh ... Congress is the Legislative body that put the loopholes in there to start with.
President Biden never voted against a tax break when he was in Congress.

Well ... I take that back.
In 1981, as Senator, he was the only fucker in the Senate that voted against the Child Care Tax Credit.

At the time, Biden was the only senator to vote against expanding the child care tax credit. He wasn’t against the tax credit in general, but he didn’t want it for upper income couples. He had voted for a child care tax credit a few years earlier.

Biden wrote the op-ed to explain his opposition, and he starts it by lamenting how people of his generation and others avoid personal responsibility for themselves and their families.

It didn't kill any jobs. Most corps didn't pay it at all.

Not Most you nit-wit ... :auiqs.jpg:
Here is a list of the 55 Corporations that didn't pay anything in taxes.
It's from the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy

Then you'll know better.

What would you do without the Federal Govt.

It is not just the Dems who are caught between a rock and a hard place it is the nation.

The US is in bad need of infrastructure improvements and repair but we are are 30 trillion dollars in debt.

Do we raise taxes to pay for infrastructure repair or do we just kick the can down the road and make the repairs without raising taxes?

Sooner or later the piper will be paid, either through taxes or inflation.

Forum List

Back