DC's Minimum Wage Really Does Cost Jobs At Walmart

Well, in DC we don't.

So? What point are you addressing?

Your point, that more WalMarts are not needed because YOU have some convenient to you.
Nope...Walmart specializes in moving in and driving better paying businesses out of business.

That would not be happening in DC since there are no small businesses!

So you LOVE the Waltons?
Because the Waltons are laughing their a$$es off at Liberal fools like you.

Liberal? Wrong answer! Try again!

What if I told you that I hold stock in Walmart? Does that make me a liberal?

Your point, that more WalMarts are not needed because YOU have some convenient to you.
Nope...Walmart specializes in moving in and driving better paying businesses out of business.

What is it with the fact that you don't understand that where these WalMarts were to be located there were NO other businesses, let alone better paying ones!!!!!!!!!

My Federal Taxes go to subsidize the Waltons.
Fuck the Waltons.
Blame the Waltons for NOT BEING NICE ENOUGH TO PAY THEIR WORKERS ENOUGH TO LIVE IN A SLUM.
Don't het angry at me.

No. I am angry with you liberals who don't get the fact that without employers there are no jobs.

Eventually, with no jobs, you won't even have tax money to redistribute.

I'm not a Liberal.
I want the paradigm of continuous poverty to end.
Let the Waltons create an infrastructure of education, safer neighborhoods and better paying jobs and careers.
Once again, my Federal Taxes pay these employees; the billionaire Waltons DON'T.

Walmart's business plan is Super Walmarts.
I already have 2 within a 15 minute car drive.

Well, in DC we don't.

Really? Is that even true? Where I lived WalMart moved in and the retail outlets the moved in after them skyrocketed. We went from having a mall to having several smaller malls. What I have seen Walmart brought progress. The store that they replaced had high prices and poor selections.

I think you are repeating an urban myth. Besides if you want to pay more for stuff there is no one stopping you.

The same has not happened in Nassau County.
NY is a Border State inundated with Illegals and laid off Business Visas sucking up jobs.

What is it with the fact that you don't understand that where these WalMarts were to be located there were NO other businesses, let alone better paying ones!!!!!!!!!

Fuck the Waltons.
Blame the Waltons for NOT BEING NICE ENOUGH TO PAY THEIR WORKERS ENOUGH TO LIVE IN A SLUM.
Don't het angry at me.

No. I am angry with you liberals who don't get the fact that without employers there are no jobs.

I'm not a Liberal.
Let the Waltons create an infrastructure of education, safer neighborhoods and better paying jobs and careers.
Once again, my Federal Taxes pay these employees; the billionaire Waltons DON'T.

You think the Waltons don't pay taxes?

And the infrastructure comes from local taxes, which are increased by actual wage earners instead of welfare recipients.

You must live in some idyllic small town somewhere. You sure are ignorant about inner city urban America.

What the fuck you talking about? The stores they were going to open up was around 450 jobs. Where their is no FUCKING jobs.

The three stores that opened up in the D.C. area had like 5,000 applicants for only 300 jobs if memory serves me correctly.

In case you were unaware, Walmart instructs their low wage employees how to apply for Medicaid and Food Stamps.
No Walmart jobs = no extra Middle Class Tax Payer money going to support low wage Walmart employees.
Smaller stores with less leeching government power will fill the gap.

So if these people don't go to work for Walmart they will magically disappear from Medicaid and SNAP
What the fuck you talking about? The stores they were going to open up was around 450 jobs. Where their is no FUCKING jobs.

The three stores that opened up in the D.C. area had like 5,000 applicants for only 300 jobs if memory serves me correctly.

In case you were unaware, Walmart instructs their low wage employees how to apply for Medicaid and Food Stamps.
No Walmart jobs = no extra Middle Class Tax Payer money going to support low wage Walmart employees.

So, do you want them working for Walmart and not being able to take care of themselves by applying for Medicaid and SNAP if they are eligible? What kind of liberal are you?

A Conservative teacher...what a paradox.
I live in a Middle to Upper class Town and I's rather have Costco than a Walmart.
I resent human beings having to work for scraps.

So, you would prefer they NOT work at all?

Did you actually think about what you are posting here?

A kindergartner could figure out the flaw in your logic!

So you think the Walton's are wonderful?

You do realize that other people invest in Walmart, right?

That would not be happening in DC since there are no small businesses!

So you LOVE the Waltons?
Because the Waltons are laughing their a$$es off at Liberal fools like you.

Liberal? Wrong answer! Try again!

What if I told you that I hold stock in Walmart? Does that make me a liberal?

The fact that you support the sustaining of Walmart's Business Model tells me you don't care about the future generations of these workers and you don't care that the Middle Class has to supplement their low wages.
THAT makes you a Liberal in regards to THIS issue.

Fuck the Waltons.
Don't het angry at me.

I'm not a Liberal.

That is not what a business does.

Fuck the Waltons.
Don't het angry at me.

I'm not a Liberal.

And the infrastructure comes from local taxes, which are increased by actual wage earners instead of welfare recipients.

You must live in some idyllic small town somewhere. You sure are ignorant about inner city urban America.

I think the Waltons have enough write offs to laugh all the way to the bank.
They can obviously afford to build Super Stores nation wide when other Business are closing stores.
Your infrastructure is ALSO supported by Federal Taxes.

Fuck the Waltons.
Don't het angry at me.

I'm not a Liberal.

I am fully aware that Businesses exist to make money.
Representatives exist to remind Business owners and investors that humans CANNOT be abused.

Only the liberal economically ignorant think that not having a Walmart but having a 15 dollar minimum wage and a tax to support paid leave only on employers will help,small business. They have also forgotten the experience off Seattle where workers wanted less hours in order not to lose their welfare. Small businesses more even than Walmart cannot survive 15 dollar a hour minimum wage. This liberal panacea will and is destroying more of the middle class and creating more income inequality. Welcome to more corruption, bribery, and an expanding u derground economy. I guess these democratic cities just can't find enough ways to destroy themselves.

Fewer people being taught how to go on Medicaid and Food Stamps...Sounds good to me.

The Walmarts would have closed down other retail outlets losing over 450 jobs, as always happens.

Those damn DC stores have been in the news for the pass 4 years at least and if you botherd to read the link ( which you are to dumb that you won't) They are pissed because they spent 90 million tax dollars for the up grades for additional stores

"to dumb"

Classic.

Here since you refuse to read the link

But news that Walmart would pull out of two supercenters planned for east of the Anacostia River, where its wares and jobs are wanted most, shocked D.C. leaders. In one case, the city had already committed $90 million to make a development surrounding one of the stores viable

Only the liberal economically ignorant think that not having a Walmart but having a 15 dollar minimum wage and a tax to support paid leave only on employers will help,small business. They have also forgotten the experience off Seattle where workers wanted less hours in order not to lose their welfare. Small businesses more even than Walmart cannot survive 15 dollar a hour minimum wage. This liberal panacea will and is destroying more of the middle class and creating more income inequality. Welcome to more corruption, bribery, and an expanding u derground economy. I guess these democratic cities just can't find enough ways to destroy themselves.

What's your point?
Is Walmart a crook or the Good Guy?
And no, Walmart should NOT be forced to pay a minimum amount.
And no, Walmart's should NOT be allowed to have OFFICIAL classes to educate sucking the Middle Class teat in order to live.

Fuck the Waltons.
Don't het angry at me.

I'm not a Liberal.

They can obviously afford to build Super Stores nation wide when other Business are closing stores.

Yes, and I pay plenty in both Federal and DC taxes, thank you very much.

I don't patronize WalMart but they fill the needs of average and below average Americans. They were willing to invest in our city -- but not now.

BTW, I think you haven't noticed that the economy is not all that great right now.

Fewer people being taught how to go on Medicaid and Food Stamps...Sounds good to me.

The Walmarts would have closed down other retail outlets losing over 450 jobs, as always happens.

Those damn DC stores have been in the news for the pass 4 years at least and if you botherd to read the link ( which you are to dumb that you won't) They are pissed because they spent 90 million tax dollars for the up grades for additional stores

"to dumb"

Classic.

Here since you refuse to read the link

But news that Walmart would pull out of two supercenters planned for east of the Anacostia River, where its wares and jobs are wanted most, shocked D.C. leaders. In one case, the city had already committed $90 million to make a development surrounding one of the stores viable

Gee, and WHO is providing that 90 million?

Fuck the Waltons.
Don't het angry at me.

I'm not a Liberal.

I don't patronize WalMart but they fill the needs of average and below average Americans. They were willing to invest in our city -- but not now.

BTW, I think you haven't noticed that the economy is not all that great right now.

I notice everything, including the deterioration of my region.
The rich get richer and the ever shrinking Middle Class subsidizes the poor.
How about we change out Economic Policy and better our schools, etc....

Well in DC we had a brief shining moment when the politicians realized that they needed business investment but they seem to have forgotten all about it in favor of looting the residents with means to support the dependent and increasingly criminal underclass.

Fuck the Waltons.
Don't het angry at me.

I'm not a Liberal.

I am fully aware that Businesses exist to make money.
Representatives exist to remind Business owners and investors that humans CANNOT be abused.

So, according to your brain, building a store that cannot make a profit because of high minimum wage and will eventually be closed at a huge loss for the company is the way things are done.

Why don't get off your ass, gather some investors and build a Walmart -type store in Anacostia?

The reason you can't is because the investors would laugh right in your face for proposing a business model that is guaranteed to fail!

I'm not a Liberal.

I notice everything, including the deterioration of my region.
The rich get richer and the ever shrinking Middle Class subsidizes the poor.
How about we change out Economic Policy and better our schools, etc....

I guess you don't realize that the failing DC schools spend more per pupil than the award winning public schools in Fairfax DC and Montgomery County MD do.

MONEY is not the answer to failing schools in DC.

In case you are unaware no small business filled that gap in D.C. you idiot.

Than tough. I don't need a Walmart in my area teaching people how to suck up more of my tax money.

Yea we know that liberals are anti business and rather have them on food stamps voting for democrats.

Also it is a myth if you raise minimum wage nationally the entitlements would go down. They would have to raise the threshold for the programs because they are still making Minimum wage and are still FUCKING POOR.

Cause and effect. Every fiscal policy in DC happens in a test tube...in vacuum.

Forum List

Back