The Tesla solar plant in Buffalo Paying an anti-American wage of $17.58 an hour- The downfall of the American middle class where are the politicians?

This is the issue of our century. But the Democrats and the Republicans are arguing over race identity and identity politics. Could they be doing this for a reason. Could the government be legalizing dope all throughout the country for a reason to distract us.

That’s why I’ve said I hope Republicans or Democrats or independence could take the lead and they could be like the great Democrats of the 20th century who brought us the middle class.

When you have Americans who are working class or middle class …be they Republicans or Democrats and they are saying people should be happy to make $18 an hour. That is a massive loss. That’s not what winning looks like that’s what slavery looks like.

“ i’ve had to work five jobs throughout my life that’s normal”

No that’s anything but normal that is against American values. It was normal in the 20th century when we had folks were working the same job for 30 or 40 years. We’ve lost millions of middle-class jobs…. they have to be replaced whether it’s union or nonunion. We have to bring back high-paying middle-class jobs or else we’re finished as a country.

For 100 years we had a system in America where the unions, the employers and the employees all work together and it was great. There’s no more excuses we have to bring that system back or we are finished as a country.

You fail to make a point.

Your complaint that the new plant offers a lower wage than the prior plant (making a different product) doesn’t support the claim that it’s anti-America. Neither does the fact that it is having difficulty hiring more employees.

As far as we know, nobody has placed a gun to the head of anyone to force them to work at the plant.

It’s a greater than minimum wage pay scale.

And the beauty or ugliness of the physical plant is irrelevant.
Well brother here is the major issue at hand the New York state government gave Tesla $1 billion to build this plant. Why did they do that? . If they’re going to spend my money then I want it to go toward a good cause…. I want to go toward a American cause…. $17.50 an hour is not pro American. What is pro American is a job that pays equal pay for equal after 90 days after

Furthermore the tesla plant took over a steel plant.

Furthermore the governor of New York well what used to be the governor Andrew Cuomo said that this Tesla plant will create more jobs around it it hasn’t. It has not lived up to its expectations. This is an example of far left politics harming our country. Now if we actually had politicians who cared they would give $1 billion to a cause that brought us the types of middle-class jobs we used to have.

I really appreciate your response and I’m doing what I can to learn from what those on the right had to say about this ….to eventually win them over to supporting what I’m talking about. Because there’s long been communication problems…. people don’t understand that what I’m saying is supported by the great majority of men and women who lived in the 1940s and 1950s.

Lying bastards.

The Tesla plant was built on the ruins of Steele plants closed YEARS ago.

Well brother here is the major issue at hand the New York state government gave Tesla $1 billion to build this plant. Why did they do that? . If they’re going to spend my money then I want it to go toward a good cause…. I want to go toward a American cause…. $17.50 an hour is not pro American. What is pro American is a job that pays equal pay for equal after 90 days after

Furthermore the governor of New York well what used to be the governor Andrew Cuomo said that this Tesla plant will create more jobs around it it hasn’t. It has not lived up to its expectations. This is an example of far left politics harming our country. Now if we actually had politicians who cared they would give $1 billion to a cause that brought us the types of middle-class jobs we used to have.

I really appreciate your response and I’m doing what I can to learn from what those on the right had to say about this ….to eventually win them over to supporting what I’m talking about. Because there’s long been communication problems…. people don’t understand that what I’m saying is supported by the great majority of men and women who lived in the 1940s and 1950s.
They did that in the hope (not the guarantee) that it would become a boon to the economy.

There may be an argument about the propriety of a government using tax based resources to assist any business or businesses. But that’s different than the issue of whether there is a sound economic basis for such a governmental “investment.”

I never cite to NY State as a bastion of sound economic theory or governance.

Buffalo is slipping into Islam. This is make work to give them something to do. Buffalo will be another Hamtramck or Lewiston, a Muslim welfare village with busywork.

For 100 years we had a system in America where the unions, the employers and the employees all work together and it was great. There’s no more excuses we have to bring that system back or we are finished as a country.

Bring that system back and we'll face the same problem we did in the late 70s and early 80s which is jobs moving overseas by the millions.

God bless you brother. This is absolutely the truth. The country was way better in the 1950s we had millions of jobs to offer folks right out of high school. Now we’re told today to shut up and be happy to make $18 an hour if you’re lucky right out of high school just shut the hell up and be happy to be a slave. Fuck that shit. We’re taking this country back

Nobody ever said be happy with $18.00 an hour. What we said is in today's day and age you have to possess some sort of skill set to make middle-class money. Too many people are too lazy to take that step because they don't want to get their hands dirty.

Monkey jobs are gone and they're not coming back no matter how much you wish for them. Unions are by the wayside like the horse and buggy. We don't live in a country where if you're born poor, that's the way you're going to die. Most every American has an option to better themselves financially. It's not up to politicians, government or unions. It's up to the individual.

I made $18 an hour as a contractor for the US Army, with zero benefits.

Tesla took over a brownfield where a steel mill used to be. There was no factory there and they had closed many years ago. I told you this already.

Any jobs over the zero that existed is creating jobs.

They did not give Tesla $1 billion. It was multiple projects in 2012. That is 11 years if you are bad at math.

"The project uses a combination of state grants and tax breaks to spur economic development."

This is a plant that took over the Bethlehem steel plant in Buffalo New York. And at Bethlehem steel 20,000 Americans of all colors men and women were employed making $35 an hour adjusted for inflation with union benefits and overtime pay.

this solar plant in Buffalo is ugly as can be it’s a terrible anti-American site. A once glorious steel plant is now some nonsense “solar panel producing plant.” They can’t even reach their targeted jobs … they had a target of something like 1400 jobs by April 2022 and they only have about 800 jobs according to one poster here. What a disaster my friends. We have to have change in this country.

I just got off the phone with my dad and I want to report on the massive differences in wages and worker benefits today compared to our great American past. So when my dad retired at Ford in the late 2000s he was making $30 an hour. And that’s not even adjusted for inflation today that rate would be much higher.

In 2008 there was a terrible contract at Ford motor company that said we’re going to pay the new hires $18 an hour and we’re going to give them $30 an hour after something like nine years on the job. Even to this day the starting wage at the Ford motor company plant in Buffalo is about $18 an hour. And so ford right now is known as a two wage company there’s people there who are making their $30 an hour if not more because they started before 2008 and then people who started starting now are not making the same money they don’t have the same contracts not the same benefits.

Now in the 1950s in the 1970s even the 90s if you started at Ford Motor Company you got equal pay for equal work after 90 days on the job. Meaning after 90 days on the job you got the same pay as a guy working there for 25 years. But there were still differences the people with seniority had a better chance to bid for better jobs like out of the production line.

My grandfather worked for Bethlehem Steel in the 1950s the very steel plant that once employed upwards of 23,000 workers the largest steel plant in the world at one time. Today it has been taken over by a tesla solar production panel that is a joke. Tesla starts off at about $17.50 an hour according to a Indeed.com.

Tesla has no union no real good benefits… and our government in New York State gave this lousy company as high as $1 billion in a grants to come here to Buffalo to take over the steel plant.

The great recession in 2008 really hurt our country terribly. But it was a lousy job by the politicians they could’ve done something about it. The hope is today that we continue to do change in this country or that we actually start to do change in this country like stop sending jobs to China. And stop listening to lousy CEOs and lousy government officials and unfortunately brainwashed Americans who accept a slave mentality who accept living in a country that’s not like it used to be.

Finally we are told by anti-Americans in this country to be happy to make $18 an hour. Be happy that you can’t afford a house that you have to live an apartment with your family with your wife with your children. What a lousy disgusting way to live that has nothing to do with American values. Wow we had such a better country in the past with great job creators like Henry Ford who had a vision where he could become a billionaire and provide millions of jobs for people. Is he that’s what happens when we let the private sector takeoff. We’re so terrible right now as a country and the Democratic Party is a disgrace they’re not anything like they used to be if they were they would be fighting hand and fist for the middle class jobs instead all they care about is race politics, energy jobs, environmental issues They don’t even care about the people anymore. We can only hope that today’s Republican party starts to act like the Democrats of the past.

Here is a look into the glorious American past take a look here at how the company Bethlehem Steel provided so many jobs do Americans of all colors of all religions to men and women.

Thank you everybody have a wonderful day.

How much should they be paying?

This is a plant that took over the Bethlehem steel plant in Buffalo New York. And at Bethlehem steel 20,000 Americans of all colors men and women were employed making $35 an hour adjusted for inflation with union benefits and overtime pay.

this solar plant in Buffalo is ugly as can be it’s a terrible anti-American site. A once glorious steel plant is now some nonsense “solar panel producing plant.” They can’t even reach their targeted jobs … they had a target of something like 1400 jobs by April 2022 and they only have about 800 jobs according to one poster here. What a disaster my friends. We have to have change in this country.

I just got off the phone with my dad and I want to report on the massive differences in wages and worker benefits today compared to our great American past. So when my dad retired at Ford in the late 2000s he was making $30 an hour. And that’s not even adjusted for inflation today that rate would be much higher.

In 2008 there was a terrible contract at Ford motor company that said we’re going to pay the new hires $18 an hour and we’re going to give them $30 an hour after something like nine years on the job. Even to this day the starting wage at the Ford motor company plant in Buffalo is about $18 an hour. And so ford right now is known as a two wage company there’s people there who are making their $30 an hour if not more because they started before 2008 and then people who started starting now are not making the same money they don’t have the same contracts not the same benefits.

Now in the 1950s in the 1970s even the 90s if you started at Ford Motor Company you got equal pay for equal work after 90 days on the job. Meaning after 90 days on the job you got the same pay as a guy working there for 25 years. But there were still differences the people with seniority had a better chance to bid for better jobs like out of the production line.

My grandfather worked for Bethlehem Steel in the 1950s the very steel plant that once employed upwards of 23,000 workers the largest steel plant in the world at one time. Today it has been taken over by a tesla solar production panel that is a joke. Tesla starts off at about $17.50 an hour according to a Indeed.com.

Tesla has no union no real good benefits… and our government in New York State gave this lousy company as high as $1 billion in a grants to come here to Buffalo to take over the steel plant.

The great recession in 2008 really hurt our country terribly. But it was a lousy job by the politicians they could’ve done something about it. The hope is today that we continue to do change in this country or that we actually start to do change in this country like stop sending jobs to China. And stop listening to lousy CEOs and lousy government officials and unfortunately brainwashed Americans who accept a slave mentality who accept living in a country that’s not like it used to be.

Finally we are told by anti-Americans in this country to be happy to make $18 an hour. Be happy that you can’t afford a house that you have to live an apartment with your family with your wife with your children. What a lousy disgusting way to live that has nothing to do with American values. Wow we had such a better country in the past with great job creators like Henry Ford who had a vision where he could become a billionaire and provide millions of jobs for people. Is he that’s what happens when we let the private sector takeoff. We’re so terrible right now as a country and the Democratic Party is a disgrace they’re not anything like they used to be if they were they would be fighting hand and fist for the middle class jobs instead all they care about is race politics, energy jobs, environmental issues They don’t even care about the people anymore. We can only hope that today’s Republican party starts to act like the Democrats of the past.

Here is a look into the glorious American past take a look here at how the company Bethlehem Steel provided so many jobs do Americans of all colors of all religions to men and women.

Thank you everybody have a wonderful day.

Great post, perhaps the best one I've read on this forum. Ford, however, was anti-union and it was the workers who unionized in spite of him and those who took over the company after his death. He was better than Musk and Bezos, but he wasn't really a champion of the working-class. What you so eloquently described in this post, is truly a tragedy and I can now see all of the brain-dead right-wingers coming here and saying shit like " Those workers should be thankful they have a job, no matter how much it pays. You workers should just shut up, shut up and work, get to work bucko" (with a southern twang of course).

joe-dirt.gif

"Get to work bubba"

Great post, perhaps the best one I've read on this forum. Ford, however, was anti-union and it was the workers who unionized in spite of him and those who took over the company after his death. He was better than Musk and Bezos, but he wasn't really a champion of the working-class. What you so eloquently described in this post, is truly a tragedy and I can now see all of the brain-dead right-wingers coming here and saying shit like " Those workers should be thankful they have a job, no matter how much it pays. You workers should just shut up, shut up and work, get to work bucko" (with a southern twang of course).

View attachment 764111

"Just be thankful you got a job bubba"

I appreciate you brother. But check this out the reason why Henry Ford unionized Ford motor company was bc it was his wife and son who urged him to do so. His wife told him she would divorce him if he did not agree with the union. And so Henry Ford became a great ally of the united auto workers and became friends with Walter Reuther and said to him “you know what we should’ve brought you in a lot earlier brother. Now we can take on General Motors together.”

You know that Bethlehem steel in Buffalo New York was once the largest steel company in the world. It provided very steel that the heroic allies of World War II used. It was used by the United States army and by our brothers in the Soviet union and the British empire to fight for freedom.

1678418458719.jpeg

1678418536628.jpeg

There’s not a more American site than the united we stand signs that still exist on the walls of Bethlehem Steel to this day. There are still World War II posters at that old factory to this very day.

Here’s the thing when it comes the United States of America. Unions were our idea and a lot of the communist countries borrowed from our idea it was an original American idea. And the unions were supported by Republicans and Democrats. Strong willed white man strong willed black men. The jobs at Ford, the jobs of Bethlehem steel took quite a bit of mechanical aptitude… by the way that’s one of the myths against these types of jobs that anybody could work them. Far from the case.

i’m doing everything I can but there’s always more to do to win people over to the fact that we have lost millions of middle class jobs in this country that paid a great wage and that have not yet been replaced.

My dad worked for Ford motor company. My grandfather worked for Bethlehem steel. I will not have their lives insulted ..these were very highly intelligent men God bless my late grandfather and my dad is still around… The idea that they worked a job that “anybody can work” is not true. They were very much mechanically sound. You can’t just get a job at Ford these days it doesn’t work like that you have to past various skills test.

But yet you are right it is a shocking thing to see Americans in this country saying well $40 an hour is too much for a steel worker. That is what losing looks like. What winning looks like well that’s the 1950s USA for you. Some people like me stand by the American past others believe that we are systemically racist

My grandfather a white man worked at Bethlehem steel he was trained by a black man in the 1940s. So much for that systemic racism. So much for the BLM propaganda “400 years a slave” Who will stand up for the American past? it’s people like me.

And again the types of people who worked union jobs included World War II veterans and Vietnam veterans and all sorts of Republicans and conservatives.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back