Unhappy Meal: Fast-Food Prices Hiked after California Ups Minimum Wage

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Well you don't say?!! Who would have thought that consumers would be the ones paying for increased production costs?
The left always seems to have this belief that the people they hate so much, business owners, stockholders, etc need to be punished, so let's make them pay the higher cost of wages.
In the end, it's the consumer that always pays the costs, and the cycle of higher wages, equals higher costs, equals higher wages, and on and on and on.

‘We are definitely going to pass this on.’

There’s got to be a great joke that illustrates the aphorism about insanity being the habit of doing stupid stuff over and over with the expectation that you’ll get different results. It’s clearer now that the joke may be California.

Well you don't say?!! Who would have thought that consumers would be the ones paying for increased production costs?
The left always seems to have this belief that the people they hate so much, business owners, stockholders, etc need to be punished, so let's make them pay the higher cost of wages.
In the end, it's the consumer that always pays the costs, and the cycle of higher wages, equals higher costs, equals higher wages, and on and on and on.

I'm shocked! You mean a leftist policy made in a tone-deaf vacuum of privilege is going to hurt the working class and the poor hardest?? I don't believe it! :rolleyes:

It's california....one state. I don't live there and I'm certainly not dumb enough to pay to eat that slop. What happens in California doest affect me.

It's california....one state. I don't live there and I'm certainly not dumb enough to pay to eat that slop. What happens in California doest affect me.
Well, indirectly it does, especially a state with a population as much as Ca. has.
Both pro and cons.
Ca. is on track to lose 4-5 congressional seats because of the mass exodus. PRO
The middle class of Ca. is shrinking and poverty is increasing. CON

Not just one state. McD's prices are fairly consistent--within 50 cents or so across the nation.

I don’t usually eat fast food but this weekend wife and I were on a road trip and running late coming home so we stopped at Wendy’s. $31 later we had a burger fries and medium drink a piece. I feel sorry for a family of 4. Biden’s America is in full swing

I don’t usually eat fast food but this weekend wife and I were on a road trip and running late coming home so we stopped at Wendy’s. $31 later we had a burger fries and medium drink a piece. I feel sorry for a family of 4. Biden’s America is in full swing
I took my neighbor to Wendy's the other day and her meal was just under $10.00 with her 10% senior discount.

I took my neighbor to Wendy's the other day and her meal was just under $10.00 with her 10% senior discount.
Small fry and a Coke?

Actually Wendy's prices seem fair for now.

Nearly inevitable , perhaps understandably , because the only known tool for fighting inflation is to hold wages but increase borrowing rates .
Obviously people hate that route also and politicians do not know what to do and are probably more interested in maximising their re-election chances than the plight of their voters

We got the bacon cheese burger meal. I’m sure if we scanned the menu and ordered the cheapest possible meal or off their value selection we could have lowered the price. I still think 10 bucks for what you get at fast food is too expensive

We got the bacon cheese burger meal. I’m sure if we scanned the menu and ordered the cheapest possible meal or off their value selection we could have lowered the price. I still think 10 bucks for what you get at fast food is too expensive
I ate half of her fries. Not bad.

Forum List

Back