Could The Trinity Doctrine Be Wrong?

Shrug. That is incorrect. I am surrounded by non-Catholic family and friends and not one of them thinks that Catholics worship anyone/anything but God.

Sorry, my bad,.. I meant on this forum/thread not real life.

Now some are against any graven image in church even if they are not being worshiped. Others think Catholics give Mary too high a place of honor.
Graven images and idolatry are forbidden by the first commandment, but the Romans never gave up their Pagan beliefs even after Catholicism became religio licita under the Emperor Constantine the Great who refused to receive the sacrament of baptism until he was on his deathbed.

Graven images and idolatry are forbidden by the first commandment, but the Romans never gave up their Pagan beliefs even after Catholicism became religio licita under the Emperor Constantine the Great who refused to receive the sacrament of baptism until he was on his deathbed.
In that time, graven images (in some cultures, also known as totems) were thought to hold the power of living creature/being. Therefore, graven image became idolized (the idol). These days, of course, we differentiate between idol and art.

The reason Constantine the Great waited to be baptized until on his deathbed, is because within the rite of baptism is the forgiveness of sins. Constantine wished to enter the next life with a clean slate.

Brothers and Sisters,

Some of us will be together in Heaven. And then, disputes over priests, speaking in tongues, hanging off chandeliers in the Spirit (heh), baby/adult baptism, etc, etc etcetcetc will all melt away. For now we see through a mirror darkly but then face to face!

Happy thought!

No it's not the same thing, because I'm not praying to the ones I'm asking for prayer from. I pray to the LORD. That's it.
If you were in a prayer group and prayed for someone else or asked someone else to pray for you it is the exact same thing.

You didn't even bother to think about what I wrote, did you? If you REALLY believe what you wrote about Catholics, you SHOULD have a problem with me, because your version of the Catholic faith is nonsense. I am telling you flat out that you know little--perhaps nothing--about the Catholic faith. But you are willing to apply your nonsense to me. It is insulting, and you assuring me that you don't have a problem with me makes it doubly insulting.
No kidding it's starting to get offending, like when protestants want me to pray out loud

I do believe you might be a protestant

Btw when my aunt got married she knelt down and prayed to mother Mary in the catholic church I always thought she was on to something

Brothers and Sisters,

Some of us will be together in Heaven. And then, disputes over priests, speaking in tongues, hanging off chandeliers in the Spirit (heh), baby/adult baptism, etc, etc etcetcetc will all melt away. For now we see through a mirror darkly but then face to face!

Happy thought!

Could The Trinity Doctrine Be Wrong?​

howabout the single source - christian bible - religion of the roman empire, if the above post is relevant - "Some of us will be together in Heaven" because the events of the 1st century are completely skewed by the christian bible and those adherents are responsible for the centuries of persecution and victimization that book has incurred so good luck for all those that continue in support of its deliberate misinformation.

the doctrine only exists as a cohesion for their interpretation of the 1st century events they have knowingly used for an ulterior motivation.

Could The Trinity Doctrine Be Wrong?​

howabout the single source - christian bible - religion of the roman empire, if the above post is relevant - "Some of us will be together in Heaven" because the events of the 1st century are completely skewed by the christian bible and those adherents are responsible for the centuries of persecution and victimization that book has incurred so good luck for all those that continue in support of its deliberate misinformation.

the doctrine only exists as a cohesion for their interpretation of the 1st century events they have knowingly used for an ulterior motivation.

What?

Didn't I specifically just say that I don't have a problem with Catholics themselves and that it's only the religion that I have an issue with?
they don't have a problem - maybe that isn't everyone - who might understand the 1st century religious itinerant a little different than them.

how can they "it's only the religion" if they are christians - and are adherents to the single source 4th century christian bible and not the events of the 1st century - who's kidding who ...

they don't have a problem - maybe that isn't everyone - who might understand the 1st century religious itinerant a little different than them.

how can they "it's only the religion" if they are christians - and are adherents to the single source 4th century christian bible and not the events of the 1st century - who's kidding who ...
The problem is with the earliest generic term
"Christians".
In creating the one world religion (to be authority and power over) Rome combined all the many cults "who followed a Christ figure" & martyr/revolter thus "COMBINED" as anyone who followed a christ=Christians.
Before the generic term each cult carried their own label for their movement.
Those who followed Yeshu, might have been called the HaNotzri (off shoot cult), those who followed the Galilean figure Yehuda might be the Nazarenes (guardians), and Theudas in the A.D. Pilate era, his River Jordan revolters split between
Theudas (?called?) and John's followers which became Mandeans (sect of Sabeans).
The NT clearly shows James and Paul at odds, accounting a different christ then the other was teaching.
The Roman combined image was therefore given a new name with conflicting accts because a combined figure can't have a singular name or death story/job/age/profession/hometown thus has to be given a new name. In combining accts they will obviously conflict on the persona, ones which match figures spanning from 100bc to 45ad christ figures, whereby all their followers in the new combined image now become 1 new name as well=Christians.

If you were in a prayer group and prayed for someone else or asked someone else to pray for you it is the exact same thing.

No it isn't,.. because if you're already praying yourself you don't have to go through Mary to do so. But,.. since we're just going around in circles we might as well just drop it.

Forum List

Back