Could The Trinity Doctrine Be Wrong?

Btw, if Catholics don't worship Mary then what's with all the hail Mary's? I say hail Jesus.
Luke 1:28. The angel did not greet Mary as "Hail Jesus." Therefore, the prayer is:

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Some object to "mother of God" which was put in due to the argument that Jesus could not be God, because that would make Mary the mother of God when she was merely the mother of Jesus, a man.

Back in the day, the very devout would pray the psalms each day, quite a project as you might imagine. The 150 prayers of the rosary became a meditation on the psalms, and then, of course, the gospels. It is the cadence of the prayer that helps keep meditative and reflective focus on the psalms and gospels.

Catholics respect Mary, and it is difficult to understand why some sects begrudge her this respect. She was an everyday person, living her life in the service of God. We are everyday people and she is our example of how we can live a life in service of God, just as Jesus taught.

Our Father who art in heaven
Hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day, our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Each decade of the rosary ends with:

Glory be to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
As it was in the beginning, is now, and every shall be world without end.
Amen.

Agreed, except for "just dropping it". The more you ask/discuss, the more ya know/learn/understand.

If I am going to pray for someone else or for myself, I won't go to the store clerk and pray to him as a message to God. I'll go straight to the source. It makes no sense whatsoever to pray to Mary to get some Hail Marys. Hail for WHAT???

Yes yes, I know. I am on your iggie. Oh well. I'll say my piece regardless.
To me who is NOT catholic...it sure walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and therefore is a duck. Mary mary mary mary mary. While I do not doubt she was chosen due to being what God wanted to give birth to Jesus/Himself...a good and decent woman....that does not make her a god or goddess and that is exactly how Catholics treat her....in my opinion. You can insist until the cows come home and I STILL will see Mary this, Mary that, Mary Mary Mary...and not much of Jesus Himself. It's All About Mary.

I am getting the impression that non-Catholics only pray for themselves and their requests? Catholic prayer is much more expansive where prayer includes the entire Body of Christ and is to strengthen us all. It encompasses past, present, future--and most important--God's will for all.

Catholic prayer is reflective and meditative. Meditating on the gospel stories, the psalms, the Book of Wisdom, the entire Bible. The rosary is the background that keeps out our problems so that we may focus on greater things instead of me...me...me.... The world, the universe is greater. It is good to get outside oneself.

What about 1st century history? Modern day Christians often ignore 1st century history in favor of futurism and the rapture ...

I spent years going to the Methodist Church with my husband. They don't teach that Catholics worship Mary or statues.

You got some false information. Was your pastor educated?
What about 1st century history? Modern day Christians often ignore 1st century history in favor of futurism and the rapture ...
well - "often ignore 1st century history" - you have a point there, like it never really happened. their single source 4th century book is their entire religiousphere - who cares if it is a fabrication comprised of forgeries and fallacies as long as they have something it's all they care about ... ignoring why someone was actually crucified.
1627153932057.png

oop's - how inconvenient to suggest they might just as well find a different hobby. and stop murdering people.

I am getting the impression that non-Catholics only pray for themselves and their requests? Catholic prayer is much more expansive where prayer includes the entire Body of Christ and is to strengthen us all. It encompasses past, present, future--and most important--God's will for all.

Catholic prayer is reflective and meditative. Meditating on the gospel stories, the psalms, the Book of Wisdom, the entire Bible. The rosary is the background that keeps out our problems so that we may focus on greater things instead of me...me...me.... The world, the universe is greater. It is good to get outside oneself.
In other words...idoltry.

It's because you aren't Catholic that you choose to see it that way even after it has been explained to you.

Nope. Not catholic. Not baptist. Not pentecostal. Not any "name brand". I don't recall Jesus naming his little club. He just did His thang. Which is what I do.

You can explain til the sun turns green and I will STILL see mary mary mary everywhere in a catholic setting and by catholics. Just like the Hebrews only saw the gold and the calf and didn't "get it" why Moses was so pissed off. So you go ahead and ride that golden bull all you like while muttering to Mary. I'll pass.

I believe it's nonsense that two non-Catholics think they know Catholicism better than 1 billion Catholics.
I never said I "knew" catholics, much less 1 billion of them. Put up or shut up. Show where I said that.
I said IN MY OPINION and I explained HOW and WHY I have that impression. Nothing you can say will change my mind, so.....keep riding that bull, fucktard.

Catholics respect Mary, and it is difficult to understand why some sects begrudge her this respect. She was an everyday person, living her life in the service of God. We are everyday people and she is our example of how we can live a life in service of God, just as Jesus taught.
You worship her. If you want to call it respect, fine. I can respect her position as well, but I damn sure will not grovel at her feet and pray to her.

That there ol bull wasn't an idol either, right? 'Splain it for us peons that don't grovel to statues or little carved stones representing a person, etc.

Need some help?

1 : the worship of a physical object as a god. 2 : immoderate attachment or devotion to something.

Idolatry consists in divinizing what is not God. Man commits idolatry whenever he honors and reveres a creature in place of God.

Compliments of Google.

Now...what is YOUR definition?

Re-read my posts. I am not the one claiming God's will is idolatry.
But, you just did. And no, I am not going to go hunt it all up. Mary="respect", etc. I can read quite well, thank you. Your posts are defending your worshipping of a woman that was a vessel...blessed or not. She is not a god or goddess, yet you treat her as such and have been doing so in this thread.

I don't really care, personally. Until you tell me I am wrong in what I MYSElF believe. And that is why I am not of any church. "Everyone else is wrong but this one is right" disease.

What a crock.

Forum List

Back