Could The Trinity Doctrine Be Wrong?

But I fail to see how being a member of a prayer group has to do with whether or not you pray to Mary and Catholics DO pray to her and worship statues and tell the priests your sins as if they truly have any power whatsoever to forgive them. Nothing against Catholics as people, but as a religion all I see is blasphemy.
To use Paul's expression about seeing through a glass darkly: Forget what you think you know about the Catholic faith, because what you said is so twisted not even a Catholic would recognize that you are referencing the Catholic faith.

Let's start with Jesus' life: Baptism, forgiveness of sins, the Last Supper, views on marriage, a special priesthood, healing, welcoming the Holy Spirit. Catholic teaching centers around these events in Jesus' life. People heard "Sins are forgiven". Jesus did not just say this once, he said it all the time. Thus we hear it all the time as well.

Every time we attend Mass acknowledge our sins and we hear we are forgiven. We can discuss our sins with a priest and we hear we are forgiven. Catholics walk in Jesus' steps, following him, following his life. No other Christian sect does it the way we do--Protestants dropped all of this during the Protestant Reformation. They also told people everyone can interpret the Bible for him/herself. Catholics are taught the Bible. So...if you wish to talk blasphemy, at least take the time to actually learn about the Catholic faith.

Ever go to a dark room to pray? Are you worshiping darkness? How about lighting a candle to keep attention focused on light? Is that worshiping a candle? For Catholics there are at least three types of praying. Words. Meditation. Contemplation. Contemplation (my opinion) is one of the most powerful where one moves beyond words and into silence where God and His Holy Spirit might work in peace. It is extremely hard to rid one's mind of everything--the mind constantly wants to wander. Focusing on a statue, picture, candle--or even one word to keep one's mind at rest take a lot (and I mean lots) of discipline.

Here is what you have against Catholics: You think so little of your fellow Christians that you have not bothered to learn the facts. You have only listened to gossip.

Last edited:
Didn't I specifically just say that I don't have a problem with Catholics themselves and that it's only the religion that I have an issue with?
You didn't even bother to think about what I wrote, did you? If you REALLY believe what you wrote about Catholics, you SHOULD have a problem with me, because your version of the Catholic faith is nonsense. I am telling you flat out that you know little--perhaps nothing--about the Catholic faith. But you are willing to apply your nonsense to me. It is insulting, and you assuring me that you don't have a problem with me makes it doubly insulting.

Didn't I specifically just say that I don't have a problem with Catholics themselves and that it's only the religion that I have an issue with?
how can that be, there is only a single source, the 4th century (catholic) christian bible for anyone claiming to be a christian to exercise that religion.

the christian bibles - interpretation of the 1st century events. is there another source - what did happen to the dissenters then and over the centuries ... hasn't been pretty. not a shred of remorse from any of them.

You didn't even bother to think about what I wrote, did you? If you REALLY believe what you wrote about Catholics, you SHOULD have a problem with me, because your version of the Catholic faith is nonsense. I am telling you flat out that you know little--perhaps nothing--about the Catholic faith. But you are willing to apply your nonsense to me. It is insulting, and you assuring me that you don't have a problem with me makes it doubly insulting.

Well, can you imagine how insulting it is to God? Catholics break the commandments of having no other Gods except Him and idolizing statues.

Practicing Catholics? Catholics who took adult education classes, or just ones who were confirmed at ages 12 or 13 and never progressed any further?

Some were practicing, some weren't,.. but they all reached to adulthood.

Well, can you imagine how insulting it is to God? Catholics break the commandments of having no other Gods except Him and idolizing statues.
This is pure ignorance. Do you have pictures of your family that you look at? If so, by your own definition you have made idols of your family.

Not the same at all because I don't worship them.
Nor do Catholics worship statues, so it is precisely the same. A situation of pointing one finger at Catholics and having the other three pointing straight back at you. I suggest we just drop it. Catholics do not worship statues. Period. They worship God. Period.

Nor do Catholics worship statues, so it is precisely the same. A situation of pointing one finger at Catholics and having the other three pointing straight back at you. I suggest we just drop it. Catholics do not worship statues. Period. They worship God. Period.

Fine,.. but not one non-Catholic is going to agree with you you can bet.

Fine,.. but not one non-Catholic is going to agree with you you can bet.
Shrug. That is incorrect. I am surrounded by non-Catholic family and friends and not one of them thinks that Catholics worship anyone/anything but God. However, I agree that some people would rather throw mud than be enlightened by truth, but I tend to think they are in the minority.

Now some are against any graven image in church even if they are not being worshiped. Others think Catholics give Mary too high a place of honor. Others believe that when death occurs, people fall into a deep sleep (Mary and the Apostles included) until all rise together when the world ends and therefore it is useless for Catholics to ask Mary, the Saints, or anyone who has passed on to join in prayer. Some believe in Calvin's philosophy of pre-destination.

Forum List

Back