Could The Trinity Doctrine Be Wrong?

Then why do they pray to her? (I'm not bashing their religion btw, I think it's a legit question.)
They don't just pray to the so-called Holy Virgin but to an enormous number of saints. In Ireland, you can get little cards with your favorite saint's image and selected prayers to be said to them. I think it's called a Novena. It seems like they think God is too busy and a better way to win his ear is through one of these saints.

The Catholic Church has adapted their propaganda surrounding the so-called Holy Trinity as they have invented The Holy Family.
They needed to produce a story that the illiterate peasants could identify with.

The very first commandment blows the Holy Trinity out of the water - There is only one God.

They don't just pray to the so-called Holy Virgin but to an enormous number of saints. In Ireland, you can get little cards with your favorite saint's image and selected prayers to be said to them. I think it's called a Novena. It seems like they think God is too busy and a better way to win his ear is through one of these saints.

The Catholic Church has adapted their propaganda surrounding the so-called Holy Trinity as they have invented The Holy Family.
They needed to produce a story that the illiterate peasants could identify with.

The very first commandment blows the Holy Trinity out of the water - There is only one God.
that's why they madeup the trinity - to prevail with their convoluted messiah interpretation of the 1st century. and conform to the madeup 10 commandments.

Yet the Catholics I ran into couldn't remember single verses in the bible, it was embarrassing and I could never understand it
Do they remember more Biblical stories, both Old and New Testaments? What verses were you thinking they should remember?

Shrug. If you cannot accept what actual Catholics tell you about honoring Mary as an example of an every day human being doing the will of God whom we worship, no reason for me to go on. It would merely serve to further harden your heart. Wishing you a good evening.
My heart is not hardened. I asked, you tried to answer to YOUR beliefs and it did nothing to answer what I asked. Like I said before....walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a damn duck! Hold your rosary beads. Confess to some guy as if he is Jesus himself when he isn't. Repent and do 24 Hail Mary's as you walk down the isle of the church surrounded with marble statues of Mary. And don't forget to bow and kiss the feet of your pope.

I don't get it. I never will because I will never be catholic. But if its your thang...ok. I know I have insulted you and part of me knew the words I chose to use to respond to you was not nice of me.I like you, Meri. Always have. So I apologize that I offended you. We will just have to agree to disagree on this, and stick to our own paths.

My heart is not hardened. I asked, you tried to answer to YOUR beliefs and it did nothing to answer what I asked. Like I said before....walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a damn duck! Hold your rosary beads. Confess to some guy as if he is Jesus himself when he isn't. Repent and do 24 Hail Mary's as you walk down the isle of the church surrounded with marble statues of Mary. And don't forget to bow and kiss the feet of your pope.

I don't get it. I never will because I will never be catholic. But if its your thang...ok. I know I have insulted you and part of me knew the words I chose to use to respond to you was not nice of me.I like you, Meri. Always have. So I apologize that I offended you. We will just have to agree to disagree on this, and stick to our own paths.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Like I said before....walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a damn duck!
I could describe a beautiful yellow-orange flower and someone could insist that I am describing a lily because it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, so it's a duck. Nothing I can say will convince that person I am describing a pumpkin blossom. In both situations, I am obviously unable to adequately explain the differences--which are many.

Repent and do 24 Hail Mary's as you walk down the isle of the church surrounded with marble statues of Mary.
Don't forget that the stained glass windows with sheaves of wheat and clusters of grapes. I face them as I pray. Clearly I am idolizing stained glass windows, or perhaps my idolatry is given to wheat and grapes. Has to be one or the other, doesn't it? Can't be art any more than statues can be just art.

Don't forget that the stained glass windows with sheaves of wheat and clusters of grapes. I face them as I pray. Clearly I am idolizing stained glass windows, or perhaps my idolatry is given to wheat and grapes. Has to be one or the other, doesn't it? Can't be art any more than statues can be just art.
Now you are being ridiculous.

Go ahead. I'll watch.

I could describe a beautiful yellow-orange flower and someone could insist that I am describing a lily because it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, so it's a duck. Nothing I can say will convince that person I am describing a pumpkin blossom. In both situations, I am obviously unable to adequately explain the differences--which are many.
Yet...you just did try to explain and yes, it was inadequent..and sarcastic since you CAN'T explain. Which is fine. As I said...continue on. I'll watch.

Do you confess to the windows? Do those windows tell you to do 10 Hail Grapes? No? Why not? Yet, you do those things for Mary and a priest, dontcha?

Just wondering.

Of course you will never be catholic you where not baptized as a baby

Of course you will never be catholic you where not baptized as a baby
I was baptized. Period. So..according to catholics, one HAS to be baptized by the catholic church? Sorry, but...lol.

Did a bit of googling. Found a few interesting things.

Three Hail Marys are a traditional Roman Catholic devotional practice of reciting Hail Marys as a petition for purity and other virtues. ... It is a common practice for Catholics to offer three Hail Marys for any given problem or petition.

Hmmm. Praying to Mary instead of to Jesus. Did Jesus teach that or did it come later on?

Do Catholics pray to Jesus?

We pray directly to Jesus and God the father, through the intercession of Mary and the saints. That means we are asking Mary and the saints essentially to carry our prayers safely to God and to witness and reinforce our prayers before God.

I see. So...you have to use other human beings that are not perfect, to send a message to God and Jesus cuz He won't hear you if you just talk to Him yourself?

This is expressed in the Bible in Exodus 20:3, Matthew 4:10, Luke 4:8 and elsewhere, e.g.: Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God.

But catholics bow down before a pope and a statue of Mary, use Mary as a messenger, pray to her and Saints, confess to an imperfect human to absolve their sins, etc etc yadda yadda. How is this NOT going against what God said Himself? This question can also be applied to churches (any denomination) that does the same with the cross, or wears a cross necklace, etc.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

The prayer incorporates two greetings to Mary in Saint Luke's Gospel: "Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee."[3] and "Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb."[4][5] In mid-13th-century Western Europe the prayer consisted only of these words with the single addition of the name "Mary" after the word "Hail", as is evident from the commentary of Saint Thomas Aquinas on the prayer.[6]

The first of the two passages from Saint Luke's Gospel is the greeting of the Angel Gabriel to Mary, originally written in Koine Greek. The opening word of greeting, χαῖρε, chaíre, here translated "Hail", literally has the meaning "rejoice" or "be glad". This was the normal greeting in the language in which Saint Luke's Gospel is written and continues to be used in the same sense in Modern Greek. Accordingly, both "Hail" and "Rejoice" are valid English translations of the word ("Hail" reflecting the Latin translation, and "Rejoice" reflecting the original Greek).

Ah. So that is where the Hail came from, and why it's used from the 13th century to today. Learn something new every day. Too bad I had to google it to find some answers.

I'm going to bed. I will never understand why ANY religion HAS to grasp a cross around their neck, kiss it, stroke it, pray to it, swear on it, bow to a statue of Jesus ON the cross in a church, etc any more than I will understand why statues of saints and normal humans are idolized as well by others.

I talk to God often. Sometimes I address Him. Sometimes I address Jesus. But even Jesus said there is no pathway to His Father EXCEPT THRU HIM. Jesus. So all this clutching and idolizing and groveling is just weird to me....and others...hence so many different denominations. People go with their gut instinct. Mine is more...well...mine. Nature is my church. I speak to God one on one. If I am fucking up doing it that way, which is what I PERSONALLY BELIEVE is what is expected, then I am sure He will let me know when I see Him eventually.

Y'all carry on. I'll pop in now and then, maybe. But I get more answers from Google than I do here.

Last edited:
Nope. Not catholic. Not baptist. Not pentecostal. Not any "name brand". I don't recall Jesus naming his little club. He just did His thang. Which is what I do.

You can explain til the sun turns green and I will STILL see mary mary mary everywhere in a catholic setting and by catholics. Just like the Hebrews only saw the gold and the calf and didn't "get it" why Moses was so pissed off. So you go ahead and ride that golden bull all you like while muttering to Mary. I'll pass.

I never said I "knew" catholics, much less 1 billion of them. Put up or shut up. Show where I said that.
I said IN MY OPINION and I explained HOW and WHY I have that impression. Nothing you can say will change my mind, so.....keep riding that bull, fucktard.
Your opinion is based upon ignorance.

Forum List

Back