Could all Religions Come Together?

Row boats? Don't you know what a dhow is?
of course----they used both sails and a kind of
oar-----escapees from the filth of islamic oppression
(both zoroastrians and jews) used them to escape
to Bombay-----muslims used them in their incessant
slave trade

I'm confused. Maybe we haven't met. Hi, I'm a Muslim. Our scripture is the Quran and our prophet is Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). We have the Quran and the teachings of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) to teach us.

Islam also teaches that Allah created this world for us and that he loves us. We don't usually call ourselves His children, but metaphorically it isn't wrong to say so. It's just a manner of speaking.

We don't know Allah's plan, but we know our purpose — to worship Him. Then the world ends, some go to heaven and some go to hell.

We were created by Allah and we return to Him.

Yes, Jesus (peace be upon him) was created by Allah like all other people.

Again we agree, partially, because Islam also teaches that Jesus (peace be upon him) ascended to heaven (but was not killed).
I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I can see why Brigham Young University has several basketball players that are Muslim. There are similarities and as those players have said, they are able to freely believe in their religion there. Fousseyni Traore is a fan favorite and watch him grow as a player. Reminds me of Wes Unseld... We differ in the divinity of Jesus Christ and believe in him as the Son of God who atoned and died for our sins and then resurrected as the New Testament apostles and prophets wrote. That would be the main difference.

In my mind, nothing complex, nothing transcendental needed. Simply people who love God uniting in worship. A single criterion--love of God. We could all come together in silence...be centered only in our love of God together.
Until you start killing each other for "doing it wrong".

Until you start killing each other for "doing it wrong".

that's why the the three desert religions are at odds already by their respective distortions for their own well being disguised as a heavenly origin than of their own making.

Simply people who love God uniting in worship.

how is time spent worshiping useful when the requirement is no more than to live without sin ... for whichever religion or god, gods one believes in.

the sinless are who will live united even as atheists, capitalist, communist - all competing together.

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I can see why Brigham Young University has several basketball players that are Muslim. There are similarities and as those players have said, they are able to freely believe in their religion there. Fousseyni Traore is a fan favorite and watch him grow as a player. Reminds me of Wes Unseld... We differ in the divinity of Jesus Christ and believe in him as the Son of God who atoned and died for our sins and then resurrected as the New Testament apostles and prophets wrote. That would be the main difference.
where in the USA are muslims not .... "able to
freely believe in their religion"???

where in the USA are muslims not .... "able to
freely believe in their religion"???
That's actually quotes from the 3 Muslims on the team. You would be surprised about this. I've heard them speak several times about this issue and their ability to feel free about living their religion at BYU was one of the reasons for attending and playing their. There is one player that entered the transfer portal to leave BYU but found out about this sort of thing and how helpful BYU and the Church has been to help support his poor town where he comes from in Africa. He wasn't going to get the same support from other schools that he gets there.

I’m not sure why you would even ask this question when:

1. According to the Bible, true peace and unity will not happen in this age. In fact, it says the opposite will happen. There won’t be a true peace until the Prince of Peace returns.

2. As many others have already said, there will be a false "peace" and "unity" in the last days, in the Beast system. This will not be a good thing, because this one-world religion will tolerate everything but biblical Christianity. So why would you want to promote something that the bible says will happen under the anti-Christ?

3. It is illogical, as some others have said, because you can’t unite religions that teach opposing things about what is most important; God.

4. Most importantly, mixing religions goes against God's commands. Of course we are commanded to love others, and we are told to live at peace with others, as far as it depends on us. (Romans 12:18) But loving and being peaceful with others is very different than mixing and uniting religions that teach opposing things. Throughout the bible, God clearly and specifically commands against that.

This is one of those things that may sound like a lovely idea, but it is unbiblical, illogical and impossible because genuine peace cannot exist apart from truth.

That said, there's no need to despair because there will be true peace and unity on earth, as well as justice, love and harmony... all the things that were God's intent in the first place. But that won't happen in this current age. According to the bible it will happen when Jesus - the true ruler of this world - returns to establish His earthly kingdom. This is very very good news, because unlike all the corrupt, evil, fraudulent earthly leaders of this age, the king of Kings, lord of Lords and true ruler of the world is GOOD. And this current corrupt age will pass away. (1 Timothy 6:15, Revelation 17:14, Revelation 19:16, Isaiah 9:6, Isaiah 11:6-9 etc.)

Last edited:
I’m not sure why you would even ask this question when:

1. According to the Bible, true peace and unity will not happen in this age. In fact, it says the opposite will happen. There won’t be a true peace until the Prince of Peace returns.

2. As many others have already said, there will be a false "peace" and "unity" in the last days, in the Beast system. This will not be a good thing, because this one-world religion will tolerate everything but biblical Christianity. So why would you want to promote something that the bible says will happen under the anti-Christ?

3. It is illogical, as some others have said, because you can’t unite religions that teach opposing things about what is most important; God.

4. Most importantly, mixing religions goes against God's commands. Of course we are commanded to love others, and we are told to live at peace with others, as far as it depends on us. (Romans 12:18) But loving and being peaceful with others is very different than mixing and uniting religions that teach opposing things. Throughout the bible, God clearly and specifically commands against that.

This is one of those things that may sound like a lovely idea, but it is unbiblical, illogical and impossible because genuine peace cannot exist apart from truth.

That said, there's no need to despair because there will be true peace and unity on earth, as well as justice, love and harmony... all the things that were God's intent in the first place. But that won't happen in this current age. According to the bible it will happen when Jesus - the true ruler of this world - returns to establish His earthly kingdom. This is very very good news, because unlike all the corrupt, evil, fraudulent earthly leaders of this age, the king of Kings, lord of Lords and true ruler of the world is GOOD. And this current corrupt age will pass away. (1 Timothy 6:15, Revelation 17:14, Revelation 19:16, Isaiah 9:6, Isaiah 11:6-9 etc.)

for what you have written would be the reversal of the heavenly intent by those that crucified the 1st century religious itinerant - those that wrote the 4th century c bible ... bring them to justice and the path again will lead to the paradise promised in the beginning.

That's actually quotes from the 3 Muslims on the team. You would be surprised about this. I've heard them speak several times about this issue and their ability to feel free about living their religion at BYU was one of the reasons for attending and playing their. There is one player that entered the transfer portal to leave BYU but found out about this sort of thing and how helpful BYU and the Church has been to help support his poor town where he comes from in Africa. He wasn't going to get the same support from other schools that he gets there.
Not impressed. Mormonism IS an evangelical
religion. Catholics do the same in INDIA

Meaningless psychobabble.

All churches think they have it right. Else those churches would not exist.

This isn't rocket surgery.
Actually it's not. You can't be objective because your bias prevents you from seeing the whole picture.

Again.... only ONE religion makes the claim to be a revealed religion.

Forum List

Back