Could all Religions Come Together?

Thank you. That’s flattering.
Well, I don't know about flattering--more about what is most likely to keep me near God. I have a daughter who told me she wanted to be as close to God as I am, but couldn't seem to get there through Catholicism. I recommended an in depth study of Judaism, and she has been very happy with that advice.

Well, I don't know about flattering--more about what is most likely to keep me near God. I have a daughter who told me she wanted to be as close to God as I am, but couldn't seem to get there through Catholicism. I recommended an in depth study of Judaism, and she has been very happy with that advice.
That is flattering, too! :)

except where islam proclaims that all non muslims should be killed.
It doesn't.
That's an ahmadiyya site and it's wrong.
Nope. In Islam that is entirely up to God.
And God has said that disbelievers go to hell.
"And whoever seeks a religion other than Islaam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." 3:85

then why do they behead Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, etc?
If they commit a crime that has a capital punishment for it in an Islamic country, then that crime would be the reason for the punishment.

Jesus wanted others to say of us, "See how they love one another." Instead they see how many won't even consider joining together for a day of worship.
Because the sects see each other as doing it wrong. The worshippers only care about one thing, really: punching their tickets to the forever young festival in the sky.

When they fundamentally disagree on the price and method of obtaining that ticket, there will be no "joining together". It's literally the only reason they cling to iron age mythology in the first place.

You might as well ask young earth creationists and scientists to come together and appreciate a 6000 year old earth. Not gonna happen.

So you ask far too much. Your idea went out the window the moment the forever festival in the sky was introduced. And that was day one.

Last edited:
The worshippers only care about one thing, really: punching their tickets to the forever young festival in the sky.
I disagree with this. People of faith truly wish to live lives that honor God--especially to worship in a way that pleases Him. Anyone who ever thinks of others appreciates wanting to be pleasing to the other. We wish to be pleasing to God, not because we want an afterlife, but because we want to be someone who is pleasing to Him.

Let's take the True Presence of Christ in the bread and wine. Catholics believe wholeheartedly that this is pleasing to God. Christ said it was. Non-Catholic Christians believe it was meant to be only in memory and they believe this is what pleases God just as strongly as Catholics believe their doctrine pleases God.

My point is that so many of us can come together in pure worship, honor, and adoration of God without relaxing for a bit any of our chosen Religious sect's doctrines. I am not even advocating weekly meetings, merely once every generation or so. Just a time where we put aside all of our differences and concentrate on God in our midst.

I disagree with this.
Well you're wrong, then. Pick up a newspaper. Go outside. Pick up a history book.

Get a Mormon and a Catholic in a room together. Pick up the Mormon magical instruction book and start reading from it. See what happens.

You might as well ask young earth creationists and scientists to come together
They can come together to appreciate a simple part of creation, no matter each separate belief in when or how it came to be. For example, they can gather at Big Sur for a day of simply enjoying what is.

They can come together to appreciate a simple part of creation, no matter each separate belief in when or how it came to be.
You are getting off track. You said WORSHIP together. Focus.

We aren't talking about people simply agreeing on theism.

Get a Mormon and a Catholic in a room together. Pick up the Mormon magical instruction book and start reading from it. See what happens.
Been there. Done that. We had a good time, great discussions. The Mormons left Mormons and the Catholics left Catholic.

Oh yeah? Show me a Muslim taking communion, then.
You are missing what I am saying. There is no Muslim belief in communion. There is Muslim belief in sincere worship of God. Likewise, there is no Christian belief in bowing towards Mecca. There is Christian belief in sincere worship of God.

Been there. Done that. We had a good time, great discussions. The Mormons left Mormons and the Catholics left Catholic.
*and had a discussion, instead of worshipping together

And the catholic went home and told his family Mormonism is insane and is blasphemy.

*and had a discussion, instead of worshipping together

And the catholic went home and told his family Mormons is insane.
We opened and closed with a prayer. And, no, I had no thought that Mormons are insane, so that sentiment has never been spoken.

We opened and closed with a prayer. And, no, I had no thought that Mormons are insane, so that sentiment has never been spoken.
Your personal anecdote has no value in this discussion, sorry.

You aren't going to equivocate and fallacy your way out of a simple fact:

They followers ONLY care about one thing first and foremost: punching the ticket to the forever festival in the sky.

And when two people believe completely contradictory and mutually exclusive ways to obtain and punch that ticket, they are not going to worship together.

You aren't getting around this. I appreciate your good intentions, believe me. But you are pissing in the wind.

That's right! So no, Muslims and Catholics are not going to worship together, unless one or both of them relax or abandon some of their beliefs, quite contrary to what you said.
You do not think Muslims and Christians can join in prayer? The Al Aqsa Mosque is in Jerusalem. One July day Christians and Muslims gathered there to pray together for peace. I am sure there have been other events, but one should show that this can be done--has been done.

They followers ONLY care about one thing first and foremost: punching the ticket to the forever festival in the sky.
A determination to cling to this small minded assumption bars the way to any productive discussion. Another topic?

You do not think Muslims and Christians can join in prayer?
In the exact same prayer? Nope. Unless you whittle the prayer down to "god is great, lets live forever". Which is just abandonment of the dogma that defines and makes distinct each religion, again, quite contrary to what you have said.

A determination to cling to this small minded assumption bars the way to any productive discussion. Another topic?
Sorry, it's a fact. If not for the forever prize, there would be no large Abrahamic religions. It's a simple fact. Ironically, you balk at this, and yet every single Christian church service in the country this Sunday will be reiterating this fact. It's the entire focus.

If no forever prize, then different religions with different dogma would exist instead. And those would have forever prizes.

The religions themselves are productions of the human mind, which collectively and cumulatively evolved from mysticism to polytheism to theism.

Then we evolved past this childish nonsense. But it lingers because of one reason alone: the forever prize.

Forum List

Back