Could all Religions Come Together?

Despite differences, could all faiths unite? What are the great differences, and how might they be overcome so we might worship together?
I think you KNOW THE ANSWER and that is NO. However, many believe in that song Come Together. It only happened because they were all shooting cocaine or the better crack.

that must be yours -

you did not provide the information ...
Not needed for only through faith can we know. With faith and the gift of the Holy Ghost, I know. You lack the faith required and are grasping for straws. You are jealous of believers.

Not needed for only through faith can we know. With faith and the gift of the Holy Ghost, I know. You lack the faith required and are grasping for straws. You are jealous of believers.

well, in any case ...

- or provide the tablets from the heavens etched with 10 commandments you claim - to prove you are not a liar and deceit.

delusion doesn't take faith for the desert religions you just need enough money to buy their book.

God has no needs. Through Islamic teachings.
"God" does not need people to read a book, then.
Did you try any other "teachings before or since?
Reading about events is hearsay.
Any teachings might serve the same purpose.

Again, if you know God personally, do tell us about this and what he said to you? The Bible teaches that we are his children and that he loves us. He made this world for us. So, no. What you need to know is what is God's plan? Based on his directions through prophets of the OT and NT alone, God's plan and purpose is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of Mankind.
If we are talking old earth numbers, over 100 billion people have been born on this earth. Biblically, most likely around 60 - 80 billion people. John 3:13 is an interesting verse. "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." The word "even" suggests that we all descend from Heaven including Jesus Christ did so as well. Others without the pre-earth life of our spirits may try to interpret this differently that only Jesus Christ has descended from heaven. But, only Jesus at that time was the one who both descended from heaven and then ascended back to heaven after his resurrection. The fact that we all will be resurrected means we all came from heaven as spirit children of Heavenly Father. So, we will all have the potential to ascend back to heaven. Some with Celestial Glory and others of lesser Glory as Paul wrote in 1st Corinthians chapter 15. John wrote in Revelations that a third of the hosts of heaven rebelled against the Father and Son and were cast out of heaven. A third of at least 60-80 billion were cast to earth to be with Lucifer in spirit form as devils to test mankind. So, yes, God has spirit children that have come to this earth, even Jehovah is godly Son.
I'm confused. Maybe we haven't met. Hi, I'm a Muslim. Our scripture is the Quran and our prophet is Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). We have the Quran and the teachings of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) to teach us.

Islam also teaches that Allah created this world for us and that he loves us. We don't usually call ourselves His children, but metaphorically it isn't wrong to say so. It's just a manner of speaking.

We don't know Allah's plan, but we know our purpose — to worship Him. Then the world ends, some go to heaven and some go to hell.

We were created by Allah and we return to Him.

Yes, Jesus (peace be upon him) was created by Allah like all other people.

Again we agree, partially, because Islam also teaches that Jesus (peace be upon him) ascended to heaven (but was not killed).

in fact (as far as I know) muhummad was far from a wilderness Ishmaelite.
He was a child of uncertain birth shipped to some relative of his mother
Ie. not brought up in a two parent household. (the situation gets a fix-up
in the islamic tradition) That he was illiterate interests me. Neuroscience
was my field and I never came across a completely illiterate person from
a fairly sophisticated city and a fairly stable house unless that person is
brain damaged (or a woman from a muslim country---some rare examples
are non-muslim "others") Muhummad was from MECCA---a culturally diverse
city of his time with all sorts of LITERATE people---to wit zoroastrians, christians
and jews. It was a stopover on the silk road.
Mecca wasn't on the Silk Road.

Coming together was very much the focus of religion in the UK up to maybe 2000. I don't know when but I suddenly noticed it did not appear to be there any more. and when I think about it, sadly today this would be next to impossible. Groups like ISIS etc would not be in it because they are not considered Islam but you cannot get away from the reality that American Evangelicals hate Muslims and it seems to be part of their religion. The coming together and acceptance of other religions was in part based on the knowledge of the strength of religion to cause dissent. That seems to be where religion is now.

"God" does not need to be pleased.
He doesn't need you to please Him. But when you believe in Him and do deeds that please Him, He will reward you accordingly and if you do deeds that displease Him, He will punish you accordingly. So pleasing Him is something you should do for your own sake, not because God needs it.

He doesn't need you to please Him. But when you believe in Him and do deeds that please Him, He will reward you accordingly and if you do deeds that displease Him, He will punish you accordingly. So pleasing Him is something you should do for your own sake, not because God needs it.
One knows one pleases another by direct experience.

Despite differences, could all faiths unite? What are the great differences, and how might they be overcome so we might worship together?

Society as a collective is very provincial. There's a lack of understanding of who we are as a civilization. Society fights over religion. The reality is that fundamentalist Christians are just as bad as fundamentalist Islam in that regard.

Of course, neither religion is really like that at their cores and they do have more similarities than differences in terms of qualities at their cores.

The animosity is, in my view, a consequence of cultural differences rather than intrinsic differences.

What you seem to be talking about is a trancendence of sorts. And that's good.

But the problem is that instead of focusing on defining that process of transcendence as a civilization, meaning harmony, love, unity and all of those things, focus is largely aimed at trying to define deities instead.

Now why is that? I think because it's just easier for people to blame God or the devil than actually taking responsibility for who we are as a civilization.

Again, that's a cultural quirk rather than an intrinsic quirk. Ignorance to this is itself a consequence of the egoes involved. But you have to get beyond egoes before even defining process rather than deities and arguing over whose God is bigger than the other guy's God. It's very similar situation as that of the false left/right political paradigm, predictably.

Anyway. It's a great question you've asked. And there's much that could be discussed.

Good luck with it...

Last edited:
I don't personally believe that civilization wil survive long enough to transcend to the level the OP mentioned.

The world is run by mad men hell bent on keeping civilization in constant turmoil. And until society takes responsibility, quits playing their game and deals with these mad men, they're just gonna keep on driving civilization apart.

Their very power depends on it. And that's really all they care about. They don't care about you or me or anyone else unless there's personal benefit to them.

Take something as simple as this message board or any other public discourse arena, for example. They literally incentivize turmoil as a means of satisfying their bottom line. Which is why I said good luck with it.

Last edited:
I don't personally believe that civilization wil survive long enough to transcend to the level the OP mentioned.
In my mind, nothing complex, nothing transcendental needed. Simply people who love God uniting in worship. A single criterion--love of God. We could all come together in silence...be centered only in our love of God together.

Forum List

Back