Corn...

Folks, genetic modification doesn't involve injecting anything, it merely means selecting the genes that give corn better taste, brighter color, greater disease resistance, higher production. In other words, it is no different than the natural selection occurring in nature, simply guided by our particular needs. "Corn" has been getting modified to our likes, needs and ends for thousands of years since the earliest days of the Americas. If you want truly virgin, unchanged corn, go eat grass seed, because corn is nothing but a variant of grass. Corn belongs to the family Poaceae, genus Zea, just like grass.

Yes & no........yes corn is from the grass family just as most grains.

In modern terms GMO does involve a science experiment in the lab to create corn that is resistant to RoundUp & other herbicides. Also what is called terminator seeds......which means you can't save seed from one year to the next because once the plant is harvested those seeds will not germinate.

Again, the only difference between regular corn and one made resistant to herbicide or born with non-viable seeds is gene modification. Gene modification is the same process occurring in nature through natural selection, the only difference here is that rather than wait for nature to stumble upon a positive new variety by accident, a lab scientist now has the ability to research the genes to find which ones give greater resistance or produce a non-viable seed to protect a varietal from being stolen and produced elsewhere, and making the gene modification consciously.
But then it's sterile, isn't it?

The grain seed is inert. So yes, you cannot grow new stock from the seed, you must buy active seed from an authorized supplier.

The topic is closed.
Also all topics will be closed, where this carrion will appear ...

Pig.JPG

Besides...
Americans eat this shit "sweet" ...
All American corn is made so as to add sugar to the American brains ..
--------------------------------------------------------------------

All other nations eat corn "salty" to have fun ... And the remaining corn - feed the chicken and read the cattle :04:

Americans mostly eat corn that is salted.
Russians who post on USMB eat shit , chase rabbits and bark at the moon.

Folks, genetic modification doesn't involve injecting anything, it merely means selecting the genes that give corn better taste, brighter color, greater disease resistance, higher production. In other words, it is no different than the natural selection occurring in nature, simply guided by our particular needs. "Corn" has been getting modified to our likes, needs and ends for thousands of years since the earliest days of the Americas. If you want truly virgin, unchanged corn, go eat grass seed, because corn is nothing but a variant of grass. Corn belongs to the family Poaceae, genus Zea, just like grass.

In modern terms GMO does involve a science experiment in the lab to create corn that is resistant to RoundUp & other herbicides. Also what is called terminator seeds......which means you can't save seed from one year to the next because once the plant is harvested those seeds will not germinate.

Again, the only difference between regular corn and one made resistant to herbicide or born with non-viable seeds is gene modification. Gene modification is the same process occurring in nature through natural selection, the only difference here is that rather than wait for nature to stumble upon a positive new variety by accident, a lab scientist now has the ability to research the genes to find which ones give greater resistance or produce a non-viable seed to protect a varietal from being stolen and produced elsewhere, and making the gene modification consciously.

The grain seed is inert. So yes, you cannot grow new stock from the seed, you must buy active seed from an authorized supplier.
That's an issue for me. I love corn and I sure wouldn't want to have to count on one company to produce seeds.

That's an issue for me. I love corn and I sure wouldn't want to have to count on one company to produce seeds.

It's a company thing to thwart the competition from stealing their research. They keep seed vaults with proprietary varieties in house that contain specific qualities. Kind of like their trademark. They do the same thing with tomatoes.

I don't think this Selivan guy is an example of standard Russians. They generally have more balls and are less snowflake-ish.

Selivan is a Snowflake Supreme.

All corn that is produced in America is genetically modified ...
Corn grains The American farmer buys from the monopoly "Monsant", which produced chemical weapons for Americans for the war in Vietnam ...
-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
Americans eat this shit ...
Americans believe that they are the freest people in the World!
:04:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way ...
In Russia, they feed кукурузой to chicken ..
But not genetically modified, but natural

Americans are chicken?

:04::04::04::04:

If you are going to call other forum members idiots, you might want to get simple things right... like the name of companies.

It's Monsanto, not Monsant.

That coming from the one that refuses to discuss 'difficult' subjects with women because they don't have the capacity???? Oh how ironic
I do not argue with Women, I Love them
View attachment 180467

With your ego the size of all of Europe, I doubt they love you in return without a pocket full of rubles......most women of any intelligence can hold their own, if not best a man in a debate or argument of any subject and it shows you to be the weak one by not engaging.

:clap:

All corn that is produced in America is genetically modified ...
Corn grains The American farmer buys from the monopoly "Monsant", which produced chemical weapons for Americans for the war in Vietnam ...
-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
Americans eat this shit ...
Americans believe that they are the freest people in the World!
:04:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way ...
In Russia, they feed кукурузой to chicken ..
But not genetically modified, but natural

Americans are chicken?

:04::04::04::04:
As much as I hate to agree with this guy. Monsanto are scum bags. That being said they do not represent the typical american. Still at least we were not stupid enough to drain an entire sea like his Russian buddies did!

Forum List

Back